• 1340 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4350 Players Online
  • 3010 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion See what the next game is in Nano Games

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Koronotchi, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Hello!

Usually, when I play Nano Games, I don't particularly enjoy all of the nano games. I would suggest adding a way to see what the following game is, which will give you the chance to do /spec if it is a game that you don't really enjoy. At the moment, as there is no way to tell what the next game is (no way that I know of), it means that I have to play a nano game that doesn't really amuse me to the full extent. Having a feature that shows what the next game is would make it so much easier.

Thank you for acknowledging this suggestion.
    Have a good day!

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  2. I see where you're coming from with your idea, but I don't really see a need for this to be added. First of all, if there is a Nano Game up next that I don't really enjoy, I would probably still play it anyway (but not necessarily try my hardest), or simply connect to a different Nano Games server. I think this is a better alternative than simply typing /spec and doing nothing. Also, one aspect of Nano Games I really like is that there are a bunch of them, and it is always a surprise to see which game comes up next. Thus, this idea would eliminate that element of "surprise". Although Nano Games is one of my favorite game modes to play, I am not sure if this feature would enhance my experience there.

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    Koronotchi likes this.
  3. I have to agree with AceSJus, here in the fact that I don't believe it is entirely necessary. I think it's important to ensure that our community that enjoys playing Nano Games is receiving upgrades, regardless of how small, to improve the game for them. This is a Quality of Life idea that definitely could have potential, but at the same time, is it completely worth it? This is the sort of balance we have to figure out when we're suggesting ideas. Is it worth the development time and resources, or is it something that can wait and not something we really need for a while? For this, I think it can wait. I don't really see players being highly concerned on the next game, nor do I ever feel this way. This doesn't mean no one feels this way, but it's just a person opinion. I'm going to have to give it a +0 as I don't really care whether it was or wasn't added.

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    Koronotchi likes this.
  4. I love this idea! When I'm on a Nano server and I don't like the current game, I tend to leave it. With being able to know the next game, you can decide beforehand on whether or not you want to say or not. Let's say you want to play Copy Cat a bunch in order to get the Copy Kitty achievement. When joining a lobby, you could then tell if Copy Cat is the next game or not, being very useful to those who want to grind in a specific Nano game.

However, this isn't just something that should happen immediately. This is something that would be a nice quality of life change to make but isn't of utmost importance. Many players wouldn't even pay attention to this feature or even use it; only a select few would take advantage of it. The developers need to work on more important things than seeing the next Nano Game in that lobby, but I do like the idea and I think it should be implemented sometime.

+0.75 from me!

Posted Jun 19, 2019
    Koronotchi likes this.
  5. I can see where you're going with this idea, however, I don't really see a need for it at the moment. Personally, if I'm playing Nano Games and there's a game that I don't want to play, I usually just join another Nano server. Plus, I like to be surprised with the games that are about to be played - I don't know how I feel about your suggestion in that sense. I like to keep the suspense :)

So overall, your idea doesn't have any real downsides, but I don't really see a need for it to be added. You had some creative thinking, though, so keep the ideas coming!

Posted Jun 19, 2019
    Koronotchi and Jaekub like this.
  6. Overall I don’t see it as extremely necessary. Like Umbreon said i usually just join a new server.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
    Koronotchi likes this.
  7. I don't see it's necessary to why we want it in the Nano games. If I don't like one game, I have two options. Either find another Nano server or try my best as I can. The one Nano achievement I want to focus on is Player 1. Personally, I would just stick to one Nano server and try my best. I'd preferred to keep it as a surprise when there's the next rotation.

I don't think the Developers will not have time to add to the Nano server.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
    Koronotchi likes this.