• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

See this if you are ghost muted (Bedrock)

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by FarlandDuck, Mar 25, 2019.

Tags:
?

Did this fix your ghost mute?

1. Yes!

100.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ghost mute, shadow mute, or microsoft mute is a well known bug. To clarify, it is not a mineplex problem, but rather a mojang problem. If you have ghost mute don't worry, you're not punished or in trouble. There is simply a glitch in the system. The first step is to determine if you're ghost muted or perhaps something else. Send any message, then send the exact same message again. If it says "too similar to your previous message, this means you are not ghost muted. If the message goes through, it means that the server didn't actually get your message and you are indeed ghost muted. Another tell tale sign is that if you send a message with only the character #, it is the only message that can be seen by others. For now, you can use ### to say yes or ok to your friends and ## for no, ##### for hello. For no known reason, ghost mutes can still send #'s. This is how i managed. Try to communicate with your friends with xbox messaging and let them know you are ghost muted.

There are other methods to fix ghost mute, but they involve xbox help and the like. They are on the forums as well, and i recommend seeing those methods for help too. Otherwise, this is an entirely new method that I have used to help three other ghost mutes, myself included. No guarantees, but they have been quite successful so far.

First thing to do is to go to Mojang help and submit a ticket detailing your problem. There is no need to fill some areas like "transaction id". They take up to a month to get to your ticket, so it's best to get the clock rolling in case of the worst.

Now go into mineplex, try these methods in order:

1. Try sending a single period over and over again. One message at a time, with only one . in each message. You will know you are cured when it tells you to stop sending similar messages. The trick is to send periods as fast as possible, while not too fast for the server to kick you for spamming. Note that this method seems to be most effective a few minutes to an hour after the ghost mute occurs. This has helped two people unmute so far. You could try for an entire minute but afterwards you might want to assume it's not going to work. There's obviously no penalty for trying many many times.

2. Try sending every single symbol your keyboard contains. Same speed as before, one character per message. I honestly have no idea how successful this method is but it could be essential to method 3, so go along with it. I would try these `[email protected]#$%^&*-'=_():;,?[]<>/|\{}
    Not sure if order is important, you can try the order above. Others will see the #, but it does not mean you are cured. # is known to be the only visible character you can send and still be seen with ghost mute. Try it once.
    Update: got ghost muted again and these characters actually fixed me. Definitely try this

3. Send a single number each message, in this order
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
    Do it the same speed as explained before. Note that you may have to do it more than once. Your friend will know you are cured when they start to see you send numbers. From then you can send any message you want, mute free. This has tended to work even a few weeks after discovering ghost mute. So far it has helped two people, myself included. Maybe try ten times? You can always keep going. No one will see your spam messages anyway so it depends on how hard-willed you are on becoming unmuted.

If you dont have a friend to help you, you can always check every once in a while by repeating a number to see if it tells you you are sending something too similar to the previous message. If it blocks your message because it "is too similar", you are unmuted. Or maybe, someone stranger will notice and tell you to stop spamming numbers!

Why do these methods work? Reasons unknown, of course. Good luck!

Former ghost mute,
    FarlandDuck

Posted Mar 25, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 9, 2019
  2. I'm not ghost muted, or ever have been, but this seems helpful! Thank you for your contribution to the Mineplex forums.

Posted Mar 27, 2019
  3. Thank you FarlandDuck, I’ll definitely try these to fix my ghost mute !
    --- Post updated ---
    There is this problem that I don’t know the name to. When you send a message into normal chat, it goes through even though it is similar, and nobody can see your message. You also cannot see other people’s normal chat messages. The only way you can communicate is through team chat, because other people can actually see your team chat messages. You are also allowed to rename your pet. What type of mute is this? Is it shadow mute?
    My best friend has this type of mute, and I am ghost muted. The only way we can communicate is him asking me questions through team chat or renaming his pet, and the only way I can respond is by nodding or shaking my head.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 10:39 AM