• 595 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11168 Players Online
  • 10573 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Season 6 Map 4?

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Powwy, Jun 13, 2021.

?

Do you think Season 6 Map 4 is a good idea?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. Maybe

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. As you all know, it's been around to 2 years since the last Clans reset happened and although Staff have talked about Season 7 coming alongside a bigger Mineplex update soon, there's no guarantee to how far away this could be. What if instead of waiting for Season 7, we had a Season 6 Map 4 Clans reset. A new map would be really refreshing and I feel like we deserve it after 2 years of waiting and hoping for Season 7 to come along. There wouldn't have to be any content changes to the game, which would result in the reset being very easy for the Staff to pull off and could give them more time to work on Season 7. I know it isn't ideal, but it's better than nothing.

Posted Jun 13, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 14, 2021
    dutty likes this.
  2. yes please god just anything honestly.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
    Powwy likes this.
  3. Genuinely support this, they've repeatedly said that they'll do something next month since like February of last year, yet we haven't been told anything, and I assume nothing has changed since I was a CMA 8 months ago. Resetting the maps shouldn't be too much of a difficult operation, and since the clans servers have already gone down for maintenance for some reason, surely the new map could be placed in if season 7 isn't ready.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
    Powwy likes this.
  4. absolutely not. clans will just die again in 1 week and it has been like 3 years since we've actually gotten content. just wait for next season

Posted Jun 18, 2021
    Powwy likes this.
  5. not happening im just in shock people still have hope

Posted Jun 19, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 19, 2021
    Powwy and Paiynz like this.
  6. Alex said the map won't be reset until Season 7 happens, but, honestly, it's been so long at this point that a reset would work really well. It's definitely not ideal, but you are right: it would give some extra time to work on the new season. Additionally, it would be a good refresher for a lot of players as the community has died down a ton over the past few months.

Posted Jun 19, 2021
    Powwy likes this.
  7. I really hope season 7 comes soon because it's been a long time. Has any staff said anything about it lately?

Posted Jun 19, 2021
    Powwy likes this.
  8. At this point a map reset would only revive the game for a short while, and have the damaging effect of pushing new content at the very least another 3-6 months down the line. "More time" shouldn't really be needed since Alex should have been spending two years on this update.

Posted Jun 21, 2021
    Powwy likes this.
  9. Although I'm sure we can mostly agree that another map reset isn't really ideal for the game, due to how boring it may get, I do agree that it should be reset because at least it's something. This would at least give everyone something to do this summer for a short while, and it may relieve the pressure off of the new season for a bit. I'm +1

Posted Jun 21, 2021
    dutty and Powwy like this.
  10. There hasn't been much regarding any estimations. There's only been leaks pretty much

Posted Jun 21, 2021
    Powwy likes this.
  11. If the map is reset any pushes to release season 7 will be met with "we just reset the map we have to wait a few months" meaning season 7 will probably be pushed even further off with Alex being complacent.

Posted Jun 21, 2021
    Powwy likes this.
  12. Someone who got info from an Admin posted in the Mineplex Clans Discord that the map building hasn't been started and they don't think the coding has been started either :/

I just want some kind of reset this summer, whether it's Season 6 Map 4 or Season 7, but it's not looking good for Season 7 at this point

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 21, 2021
  13. I wouldn't trust information from random clans players, as most of the time it's just going to be speculation. If you want factual information watch for announcements from Flaym or messages from AlexTheCoder himself. Alex talks quite a bit in the #casual and #clans channels in the Mineplex Discord. He's gone over the reason for delayed development quite a few times (as he's the only front-end java developer he has other things that might need to come first, plus clans was supposed to be part of a "larger update"). "Most of the new content is already done, we’re not going to do a map reset without new content at this point" - Something Alex said last month.

Once the content is finished, generating the map chunks & building structures isn't going to take a couple of months, plus testing would probably occur simultaneously which just speeds up the release date.

But the main thing here is, don't listen to random clans players about the update schedule or progress of it, because in all honestly, they do not know anything about it. You're better off reading the messages Alex has sent directly in #clans in the MPD (You can just search up his tag and find all his messages) or just wait for announcements from Flaym in the clans discord.

Posted Jun 21, 2021
    Powwy likes this.
  14. Ah okay, sounds good thanks. I know you might know this for sure, but do you think we're going to get Season 7 before the end of this summer?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 21, 2021