• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10031 Players Online
  • 7141 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Scythe buff and reinforced nerf

Discussion in 'Clans' started by BraniacAttack, Jul 23, 2020.

?

Yes or yes

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Reinforced: currently reinforced is way to broken in its current state. With -4 damage a hit on a perfect set a iron sword would only be a tickle to your health. This is why instead of having a constant damage increase we need a percentage increase.
    So change it from minus .5 - 1.0 —> to 1%-5%
    This would make reinforced more balanced compared to other runes.
    Although this would be a buff to the hyper and make it the new meta weapon once again over the illusive scythe.
    So I believe being able to add runes to the scythe would make it a lot more viable as it is already super rare.

Posted Jul 23, 2020
  2. I think the current reinforced system is completely fine the way it is. You used a perfect set of reinforced in your explanation but this is truly unrealistic. Getting a -1.0 piece of reinforced is so stupidly rare that it is a poor choice to make your argument using a full set of it. Most reinforced sets will add up to around 2.3 - 2.7 which is a little higher than the equivalent of arctic armor. Not to mention, for higher sets of reinforced totaling 3.2 - 3.6, entire clans have to sink stacks upon stacks of emeralds into a reinforced merchant that they have to find in order to gain this advantage. Personally I think that if you are willing to sink your resources into good armor, you should be allowed to get a pretty good set of the stuff.

As for changing it to a percentage reduction instead of a flat rate, you have suggested to use roughly the same percentages as conquering armor. Conquering armor isn't good, or at least not enough to make it worth going for a good set of it. Assuming this system were implemented and you somehow managed to get a full set of perfect armor belonging to the same class, you would receive an effective health buff of 25%. This would basically give you 2.5 bonus hearts that can only block melee damage. So for obtaining a perfect set that you have grinding many hours for, you now get to survive about 2 more hits. No.

Posted Jul 23, 2020
  3. Personally, I feel like the ability to add runes to the scythe is overpowered. You can have a frosted, sharp, and haste all on the scythe. This would just make it more powerful than it already is. People make think the scythe needs to become better, but it really is good as it is. You can survive in a gank fight with 7 people if you use hold position. Also, if you fighting someone in a 1v1 with the scythe is an automatic with for the scythe user. It takes a lot of skill to kill someone with a scythe depending on how well they are with using it. In addition, the scythe is very dominating in legend 1v1s from experience. Regards to your reinforced proposition, I think reinforced is fine how it currently is.

Posted Jul 23, 2020
  4. I feel that reinforced should be kept the same. In years past of playing clans, I feel that I have a really good opinion about it. Reinforced is not broken because even if you have reinforced, sins can still jump on you and kill you. They can break your lance and catch up and backstab you. I just tested and with .6 reinforced armor, a assassin backstab does 2 hearts to them. This is really not broken at all. Higher reinforced is a lot higher to get as well, so you wont see it as much till end season. Now scythes I think need a little buff. I feel that if they do maybe a little more damage than that would be very good. But I don't think adding runes to it would be a buff that it needs. Adding runes to it would make it way to powerful. Having runes on it already as a rare makes it very powerful. But with my buff with only a tiny bit of damage will make it just a little bit better.

Posted Jul 24, 2020
  5. I have to agree with the majority of people on this thread so far, because I haven't had any issues with not being able to do enough damage to reinforced armour, and actually making a decent set is quite hard, so based on the resources needed, it's not that OP. The value you get from wearing a full reinforced set makes you fee safer with legends, but doesn't make you feel invincible.
    As for being able to rune scythes, I agree a little. I think there are better ways to tackle scythe being underpowered. I would suggest making drop rates higher, or giving them a higher chance to be runed. Right now there are only a few scythes on each server, and the clans that have them prefer to use the hyper anyway, so I do see where you're coming from with it being underpowered.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  6. Hey, I would have to agree with everyone else so far. I think reinforced is in a good place right now, I can see what you mean about getting all -1.0 pieces on a set, but the chances of that happening are so low it shouldn't be used as an argument for balancing. It would take so many runes to get a perfect reinforced set, if someone is willing to grind for that long (whether it's searching for the traveling merchant or doing nethers) I think they should be rewarded with an OP set. But as for most people, they generally only get -0.5 to -0.7 pieces, which honestly doesn't make you THAT much tankier.

As for the scythe, most people don't realize it isn't as bad as you think. If you happen to get lucky enough and get one when completing a raid it is very useful in legend pvp, it may not stand up to the what it once was from s3-s4 but that was because the regeneration was actually broken, as it was healing on every click, and not for every hit (actual damage taken). While you may not be able to use the scythe solo like you once could it still is quite viable in legend pvp, especially if paired with hold position knight and your skill with switching between scepter and scythe. Now, there are some issues with it I would like to see fixed, it currently is too rare to be used. Back in s3 the runed pickaxe was rarer than the scythe, while I don't want to see this return I would at least like to see the drop rate be buffed to be equal with normal legends (or a just a little less, as you have to complete the raid to get it). Currently, the Skull Launcher (right-click) is incredibly inaccurate and tends to blow up stuff. If the accuracy was fixed and the bug with blowing up items patched I think this would be quite useful for quick damage and knocking people out of a fight. Now, the Gravity Skull Launcher needs similar treatment, the accuracy but also the speed should be fixed (it takes a million years to actually hit anything). Again, once fixed this would be quite useful for pulling people into moats or stopping people from running away. Now finally, with runing them I don't think it should be added. If you've ever had a "Flaming Sharp Scythe of The Fallen Lord of Conquering" you will know how incredibly OP these things are. I do not want people to have the ability to run around with those all the time or to add haste / frosted onto one. This would make assassin unviable when fighting a legend user with a scythe. The fact the legend user can heal off of evades + slow them down at the same time should not be added. I like the fact that runed scythes are rare and think they should stay that way.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
    Gridlocke likes this.
  7. reinforced in its current state makes a huge difference compared to any other set and I’ve gotten a perfect reinforced set before and it’s absolutely broken compared to any other rune like sharpness makes a small difference maybe killing someone in 1 less hit while reinforced on all pieces doubles health

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 26, 2020
  8. Even if you did get a full perfect reinforced set before, it is highly unlikely for almost anyone in the clans community to get another one.

Posted Jul 28, 2020
    ethethchan likes this.
  9. On the contrary, the chances of getting a 1.0 reinforced piece is around 2% or may even be LOWER. One day me and my friends went over to traveling merchant with 8 stacks of emerald blocks or around that and spent them all on 68 reinforced runes. The armor percentage values of those 68 reinforced runes goes as follows:
    27.5% for -.5 reinforced
    36.8% for -.6 reinforced
    19.1% for .-7 reinforced
    10.3% for -.8 reinforced
    4.9% for -.9 reinforced
    1.97% for -1.0 reinforced
    Since the sample data of 68 was so low, I intend to do another rune test on the day of reset where I will request for a sample data of 1000 reinforced runes but as of now that is my data as of now. I was only able to get 1 -1.0 piece out of 68 reinforced runes. Most clans dont get 68 reinforced runes even throughout the entire season so the point of this is to show that: Yes, a full 1.0 set would be overpowered but theoretically you would have to get over 200 reinforced runes to be able to attain the set. By then the server would either be dead, or there would be multiple clans with full legend sets ready to strip that set away from you.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  10. I feel like the reinforced armor pieces should be nerfed to max of -0.8! I feel as if this would be a good balance but then this also means the lowest you should be able to get would be 4. This makes it so you don't always have insane reinforced armour because if you have an 0.4 piece every 3 hits would takeaway half a heart. This seems fair, as for the scythe I actually feel like it should be nerfed. Every time you hit an evade(this is a bug) you regen. This makes it plainly broken unless people are just really good at strafing and evading. I feel like the skulls need to move faster though, they currently are very easy to dodge. I feel like over all it's pretty balance unless its similar to the flaming sharp like we have in Dominos on c3!

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  11. Well I’ve never got a full perfect set besides season 4 but I had a .9 set until it broke

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 2, 2020
  12. I wouldn't say "highly unlikely," because people buy rune amps and do events daily which give out a lot of runes, and given the chances you have I'm sure you're able to get multiple reinforced runes. This is spoken from experience as on Clans-7 atm has multiple reinforced sets and legends; there are about 8 reinforced sets that I have seen in the server and I believe it's fine as it is. Thank you for your time.

Posted Aug 8, 2020 at 12:18 AM
  13. There are only 8 reinforced sets being passed around the server because they all came from CWDUO clan. I have the proof to back it up! We have singlehandedly contributed to a majority of the reinforced sets on the server because of the amount of legends the clan has lost.

Posted Aug 8, 2020 at 12:46 AM
  14. Ekeee has all of those now thanks to you. + Those reinforced sets you gained got despawned lol we despawned 4 reinforced sets all 0.9 on accident.

Posted Aug 8, 2020 at 11:14 PM