• 464 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2965 Players Online
  • 2501 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Scorcher Kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Jango_55, Apr 30, 2019.

?

Should this be added

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Yes, but lower the max Fire charges to 3

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. No

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. I suppose I am the @cupojoedgfndiditlydobgdf of Sg, by having all my new kit Ideas focused on Survival Games, but this, this I'd say is probably my best idea yet. So what is Scorcher Kit? Well it works as follows: The player w/ the kit gets a fire-charge every 30 seconds w/ a max of 4 and gets an ability similar to explosive arrows W/ Bomber Kit except its flame arrows and to avoid the unwanted consequences of Flame arrow spamming there would be a 7-10 second cool-down before being able to charge up your "Fire-Shot" by punching w/ a bow, again like Explosive arrows w/ Bomber Kit.

A fire charge would be consumed by charging the "Fire-Shot"

Currently there is no way of having Flame anything in SG and if this were to be added, I could easily see it as the "great equalizer" among all kits
    --- Post updated ---
    My hope, is if this does indeed go through that there would be the ability to craft 4 use Flint and steel.

Posted Apr 30, 2019,
    Last edited May 1, 2019
  2. Oh boy.

Here’s why the kit won’t be very good: if I remember correctly, the archer kit wasn’t used much due to it required a bow to use it, and finding a bow is luck based. But a recent update, the archer kit now gives you a bow after a certain amount of time. This kit has the same problems as he old archer, making this kit pretty situational and in most, useless. Not to mention how the archer kit gives you arrows passively, and has barrage.

Elaborate on the “great equalizer”.

Posted Apr 30, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  3. Nice idea but how much on a range would the fire arrow affect? 4 block range of anyone near you? Also, how much damage does this deal?

Posted May 1, 2019
  4. Elaborate on the “great equalizer”.[/QUOTE]

Well, It would implement an ability to have fire-charges, giving anyone who uses it the possibility to defeat any kit if used right.

It would basically be a limited use flame bow that you'd only be able to recharge every 7-10 seconds also consuming a fire charge every time you recharge it by punching w/ your bow in hand. So there wouldn't be a range on how far you could use it, you'd just have to be good enough to hit your target.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 1, 2019,
    Last edited May 1, 2019
  5. Any kit has the possibility to beat another kit.

Posted May 1, 2019
  6. A greater possibility, considering fire can be a great asset.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 1, 2019
  7. You've noted that the kit is similar to Bomber in some ways, and ultimately I think this leads to the undoing of this kit idea: it's not unique enough, it just feels like a palette swap of Bomber, but lacking a passive ability. You also haven't really elaborated on what the fire-shots actually do (I think I can guess, but you haven't done something right if I have to guess what the kit's ability is supposed to do).

Posted May 17, 2019
  8. Let's not forget you can get fire aspect on gold swords. If you're lucky enough to get that, then there's basically no point to this kit. I do agree that fire can be a very useful tool, but I definitely wouldn't want to base an entire kit around it whilst any kit is theoretically able to obtain it. As Ant said, this kit also just seems like a reskin of bomber which I'm not a fan of.
    You said you were "The CupOfJoe of SG" and I have some advice for you both - think out your ideas more. I don't mean for that to be nasty, but you're better off having one complete idea with all the values listed, potential flaws and solutions, counters etc. Doing that simply makes for a much better thread, and thus idea. Good luck with your future ideas.

Posted May 18, 2019
  9. Keep in mind that fire aspect no longer works anymore in SG, tested it multiple times and while you can still get the enchant, it doesn’t work.

As for the kit idea, I don’t like it at all mainly because
    Fire and igniting people on fire is such an overpowered mechanic as it deals damage over time and theoretically slows them, I remember getting a fire aspect sword back in the day and it was an automatic win, as well as, the kit is as stated previously just a reskin of bomber with a different ability.

And if flint and steel was added, it would ruin the simplicity that Mineplex SG provides in comparison to other servers. So definitely don’t need that in the game...

Posted May 18, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  10. But such an ability would be given to all players, allowing for more strategy. Though they could just strait up add fire charges considering that they're one use items. As for the simplicity of it, there is none, because there's kits and there's a lot of complexity with the kits.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2019
  11. Oh? I will admit I haven't really been able to test that for myself in recent months, but I'll take your word for it. But that only makes me dislike the kit more if I'm being honest. If fire aspect has been removed then I think fire as a whole shouldn't be reintroduced. It's an annoying mechanic and can be very fidgety to get right. Having a kit that gets to use fire by default isn't something I'm keen on if it was to be reintroduced.

Posted May 19, 2019