• 532 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8970 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Scavenger Hunt

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by CupAWup, Oct 12, 2019 at 7:45 AM.

1. Important Details:
    - 10 players required.
    - The main mobs are Skeletons and Creepers, Zombies and Spiders (more mobs added by @TooMuchXMas4You)(Creepers should have a debuff in damage or the cave should be less compact and wider).
    - Scavenger Hunt contains Ores and Mobs.
    - Each player has a diamond pickaxe and wooden sword, and night vision.

Possible Description:
    You are placed in a wide cave to look for ores and mobs. Then, you will have to kill the mobs and mine the ores to be the first one to finish the hunt, as the player who does wins. Everyone also has a stone sword to fend off mobs, but beware that you can still die! Players also get a diamond pickaxe, and night vision.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 7:45 AM,
    Last edited Oct 12, 2019 at 7:20 PM
  2. Yo!

I like how the game sounds. It appears that it could be a fun game that would be liked by many. I also like the idea of adding in the mobs, as that allows for players to need to watch out instead of only hunting for certain things. Additionally, I like how they only get wooden swords, so they need to be careful when dealing with creepers since they need to hit them several times in order to win.

On the other hand, there is still quite a bit that I am confused about. It is called a "Scavenger Hunt" but there is no "goal" that is stated in the description (e.g., find 20 diamonds, kill 15 creepers, etc). Because of that, I still am unable to imagine how the game would work out with players playing this game. If you could perhaps give us a more in-depth description of the game, then I would be able to provide more feedback with my thoughts on this.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 10:36 AM
  3. I think the number of ores and mobs need to be slain could vary in a range, and would need to complete that goal.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 11:55 AM
  4. Heyo!

This idea sounds pretty cool, though I feel it is lacking some details, but I'll get into that later. As for the game itself, it seems interesting, though I'm not sure how many players would be interested. This sounds like someone that would fit under NANO or MIN, but I don't see it being under anything else.

As for the objective, it would probably have to be a lot since there would be a lot of players and I would imagine the cave not being too big. Making certain ores harder to find then others like in bridges, and the same for the mobs could work as well.

A suggestion I would have for you is maybe adding more mobs? Skeletons and creeps don't seem too bad, and the skeletons would be able to just shoot them anyways. Some suggestions would be zombies and spider, but I'm not sure how challenging this would get. Also, maybe a stone sword instead would work better with these changes.

Some details I think you're missing would be achievements, kits, and overall more of a game description. I don't think this game would work well with kits, especially if it were to be in NANO, however in MIN I think this would be nice.

Overall, I feel that your thread could use a little bit more details, and I am not sure how the community would feel about this one. Maybe as a NANO game, but for now I will leave it at a +0. Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 12:27 PM
    CupAWup likes this.
  5. Do you get any armour at all? On Mineplex, the difficulty is locked on hard so mobs do a lot of damage. Mobs will also spawn more often, making it virtually impossible to complete the objective because you are constantly fighting.

In your description, you said that every player gets a stone sword as a weapon but a wooden sword in important details. Can you clarify that please?

A general aspect of the game you are missing is the achievements. Are any of the ores on the ceiling of the cave? If so, you should be able to pick up and place blocks. If you die, do you get to respawn, if you, so how many times and where?

-1 for now

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 8:54 PM
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.