• 856 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8971 Players Online
  • 8115 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Rods

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by ThatzAssault., Feb 24, 2021.

?

Add rods

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Hey! I know that for keyboard players we like to get knock back on people and one of my favourite ways to do this is using fishing rods. It would be super nice to see them added to Skywars and Survival Games, I currently just use snowballs for the knock back to get my combos, but Rods would be nice!

Thanks,
    ThatzAssault

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  2. My only issue with this is how useful they will be. Fishing rods are used in combat mainly on the java version because they provide sensible and instant knockback which can allow you to get combos by pushing the opponents required hit length further than what is possible. On Bedrock this just isn't feasibly in its current state. For those who haven't played Bedrock before and more precisely, fought anyone on Bedrock Mineplex, knockback is severely delayed and has multiple calculations and velocity areas among other velocity grouped issues in Minecraft itself. This isn't the fault of Mineplex, this is just something that's been badly coded by Minecraft itself when they tried to go cross-platform with Bedrock.

Because of this I really don't think rods will be of any help to you, but even then, they may still help you win over fights by knocking people off bridges, can't say they could be effectively used to get combos though. How you want to PVP is your choice and if you think you need rods to be able to better your PVP, they aren't cheating or against the rules so I'm on board with it. +1

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  3. I understand there are some discrepancies with kb on MC Bedrock Edition, however I still find myself getting efficient combos using other projectiles such as snowballs or even shift-resetting. Thus I genuinely believe that it could be useful if you have a good understanding of physics in this specific variant of the game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 24, 2021
  4. Hey! I totally agree with this idea.
    Yeah, knockback on Bedrock can be a bit wonky, but I don't see why that would be an argument against adding fishing rods. They probably won't function the same way they do on Java, but I'm sure players will still be able to land combos with them.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    ThatzAssault. likes this.
  5. I still find myself able too deal knockback with other projectiles, so fishing rods would be a good alternative to snowballs and eggs, and they’re easier to aim!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 24, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 24, 2021
  6. hey ThatzAssault! i believe i have seen you in-game before?
    i like this idea. some custom servers use rods for pvp and personally i see no problem with it. knockback is very different though and its not as easy to use them on controller or mobile compare to pc. i don't see mobile players especially using them on bedrock which is why they may not be added. i still like this idea though. even if fishing rods aren't permanent, it would be nice to see them in skywars for like a week at least.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    ThatzAssault. likes this.
  7. Yeah! You might have seen me in game, I play skywars on mineplex for 99% of my awakened life . It would be nice to see rods!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 25, 2021
    Mothy likes this.