• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11199 Players Online
  • 8309 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Rocketeers

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by CrowOfVibes, Jun 26, 2020.

?

Would rocketeers be a good game

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Maybe

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I have a suggestion, add a game called Rocketeers where you gradually spawn with spawn eggs that shoot a rocket towards an enemy wall, until a big nether portal is destroyed.
    3 kits
    Rocketeer: Default kit, gets eggs over time
    Builder: 1000 gems, gets eggs slower, but gets blocks to rebuild the wall
    Destroyer: 3000 gems: Starts with 5 eggs and gets more powerful rockets faster, and can disarm a rocket with an ability it has called disabler.
    There should also be a shop to buy eggs at, which you get coins for hitting bases with rockets (more powerful, more coins) and killing people with rockets

Add on all platforms if possible

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  2. 1st part: Where you gradually are given spawn eggs, not spawn with

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 26, 2020
  3. I see that you have taken the aspects of a old command block game called missile wars. I’m not calling you out or anything, I know that you have put time into adding different things from the original game. Here’s just a few things I have to say:

The kits that you have are very unbalanced and need a lot of improvements. Mineplex almost never makes the kits you buy with gems obviously better, usually they are better and worse in ways than the free kit/kits.

I would love to see a game similar to missile wars added to mineplex, but I do not think it is a game that would be very popular. It might get a lot of players in the beginning because of nostalgia and just being a new game on mineplex, but it would probably die out pretty quickly.

Please not that all this is my opinion. I think you have good intentions, but I just don’t see it being added.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
    Zyvra likes this.
  4. Hey dude.
    I don't really think this should be added. For one, the kits are really unbalanced, and you haven't elaborated much on how it would work ect. For two, I don't see this game fitting in with Mineplex's other games.
    For these reasons, I going to have to give this idea a -1.

Posted Jun 27, 2020
  5. Hey!
    This game does sound rather basic and there wouldn't be much to do other than shooting through a wall to hit a nether portal. If this was to be added there would definitely need to be a PVP aspect. As both @bluebadger11 and @SpyNinja__ said the kits do seem quite unbalanced. I do believe this game could be a good one on Bedrock, but I don't see it working on Java Edition. The shop aspect sounds interesting, but rather confusing on how coins could be added to a 'shoot a wall' game.

Overall, I'm going to give this a -0.5, as the game could possibly become something if kits are balanced and the game is explained into dept.

Posted Jun 27, 2020
  6. From what I understand the goal is to shoot rockets at players' bases until their nether portal is destroyed? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    The goal is very simplistic and wouldn't fit very well on Mineplex seeing as all you're doing is throwing eggs (that go straight forward? Fall off would make it impossible to hit other players' bases depending on the distance between islands, and seeing as you said "big nether portal" I assume the bases have to be big meaning the distance between islands is further.) at a wall, until the wall is gone then you throw them at a big nether portal to blow it up. The winner would be whoever didn't get targeted by multiple players first based on the amount of detail you gave us.
    As others have mentioned, the kit balance isn't phenomenal, with builder being the most optimal kit for the general playerbase seeing as it has the only way to recover from attacks (building more blocks on your wall) unless there was a block feature in the shop; Destroyer would be the best kit with a small skillcap, since you can immediately kill people and go on a kill streak with it.
    Would the eggs/rockets explode launching players off islands for kills? How much damage would the eggs/rockets do on direct hits? indirect hits? How many hits would it take to break the wall? How many blocks would be broken by each type of rocket? How many hits would it take to destroy the nether portal? How long should each game take on average? How many players would be participating? You should consider these basic values if attempting to submit a good new game idea that players can comment on.
    I don't want to make your game idea for you, so if you happen to add more detail on your game I would be happy to give more feedback.

Posted Jun 30, 2020