• 324 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2408 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Rise Up

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by spacexplorer_, Jun 18, 2019.

1. If you've ever played the Flash game Slime Laboratory 2, you might remember a level where there was acid rising and you had to get to the top.
    I think this would be a nice game to have on Mineplex. Here are the rules:

- Game can hold 8 players
    - Invincibility for 5 seconds, to get the stuff from the chests
    - The acid (lava) starts rising
    - You have to kill others

In the chests there would be these items:

- Blocks
    - Weapons
    - Armor
    - Utilities such as ender pearls or knockback sticks

Tell me what you think!

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    Cagayan and SpitefulNick like this.
  2. I remember playing this game literally all the time, so I’d love to see something like this as a game but with our own twist of course! Instead of it being a standalone game, maybe we could turn this into a Nano Game with its simplicity. Instead of having chests with different types of armor and weapons, we could just give everyone knockback sticks. Then players would try and fight their way to the top with the challenge of hitting or getting hit off by other players. There’s also the main challenge that players are up against which is the lava rising up of course. We could just eliminate blocks as well, so that the only way players could go up is from parkouring up the map or something, maybe even with jump boost to make it even more fun. That’s just some of my suggestions, so let me know what you think!

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    jxcb, Jaekub and spacexplorer_ like this.
  3. I like them all xD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 18, 2019
  4. Feedback
    I've seen a game like this called Wool Wars on another server, and I think it's a fun type of game mode. I agree with @Shaiymin/Shaiym on this that it should be a Nano game. This would most likely be a quick game to finish that would probably only take a couple minutes to finish.

As for what the chests contain, I would like to see no weapons and instead some blocks, food, and utility items like Fishing Rods and Ender Pearls. I don't think armor is something that would work well with this game because if you fall, you lose instead of dying the most common way, by taking damage. This game would test the abilities of players when they aren't given weapons and armor and the truly skilled players would be able to show off their skills by playing this game.

Game Mechanics and Maps
    Since there aren't any specific details given with how the game works besides Lava rising up to the top of the map, I'll be giving my own ideas on this.

Chests would need to be spread out across the map on safe platforms, which is where fights are most likely to occur. These platforms containing chests would measure 5x5 blocks to make them easily accessible and give room for any showdowns to occur.

Lava must instantly kill anyone that touches it. The problem with having regular Lava rising up is that players have a small chance of surviving a fall as it could potentially allow a player to safely make it to a platform.

Disable fall damage. If you fall from a great height at the top by accident and still somehow make it to a safe platform or use your blocks to land on by yourself, you already deserve to stay alive and attempt to climb back up to the top. The only way a player should be able to die is by touching the Lava.

Maps should be cylindrical. Cylindrical maps would look very cool with rising Lava and would be perfect for this game. I suggest having the diameter of the base around 30 blocks, which would be about 225π blocks for each level, which is plenty for everyone to still fight and have enough space if anyone is making an escape. The maps should generally be 100 blocks high, which seems like a great number to have a game that's short, but not too short.

I don't think kits are necessary for this game, especially if it becomes a Nano game, in which those games don't have kits. Even if this game were to be a stand-alone game, I think not having any kits would keep the game balanced and fun for everyone.

One thing I'd have to suggest is a new name for this game. The current one is kind of bland so I came up with the name Lava Run instead, which I think would match how the game is played perfectly.

I really think this game could make a great Nano Game and I'd love to see it implemented! +1

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    spacexplorer_ likes this.
  5. I actually really enjoy the idea of this game for a ton of reasons. It's such a general game, and it's straightforward too, which would make it so enjoyable. I'm a fan of a lot of what @Jkaebub has suggested, and actually agree with almost everything he's stated. Having no weapons, and instead fishing rods would make it more focused on strategy, rather than focusing on players who are good at pvp. Along with that, the maps and how they would function is extremely important. I enjoy the idea of a cylindrical map, but not exactly for all the reasons that Jkaebub stated. I think it's nice, as you have these different corners to hug onto and you can use that as a strategic way to navigate the walls and up to the top. One question I do have is will blocks be placed already throughout the map, or will players only have to navigate their way based on blocks they're given at the start/found in chests. Overall, I really enjoy the idea of this game. I think Jkaebub explained in a huge amount of detail of almost anything I would suggest. He really pulled together the game and tied up some loose strings to your idea. I'm not entirely against it being a Nano Game, but at the same time, it could function well on it's own. I'm interested in seeing what more people have to talk upon whether or not it should be nano or not. This will be a +1 from me, I'm a large fan of this idea.

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    spacexplorer_ and Jaekub like this.
  6. This seems amazing! I like how it's not just get to the highest point and you can always be in action!

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    spacexplorer_ likes this.
  7. Having only a knockback stick seems nice, so the game is not random but predictable.
    There was no fall damage in SL2, so yes, no fall damage.
    Acid killed the slime in SL2, so yes, lava should instantly kill players.
    Maps should be a cylinder.
    No kits. Probably fit this somewhere into nano games or something xD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 19, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.