• 3706 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12144 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Rewards System...

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by YeY_Shadow, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Ok, I got 10 kills in cake wars and eaten 2 cakes in a game and I got only 72 gems. I feel that we players should get more rewards or maybe another multiplier for Eternal. Let me know what yu think!

Posted Feb 10, 2019
    ireallylikerats likes this.
  2. Hiya,

The system actually has a different multiplier for shards and gems. The multiplier for gems is found in your /stats in the emerald in the corner named "Global". The experience bottle named "Gem Hunter" will slowly level up as you collect gems, and continue all the way up to level 12. As these level up, you will receive more gems, making it easier to keep leveling up the multiplier. In games, when I win, I receive roughly 500-600 gems, so hopefully, you will level this specific multiplier up and receive more gems.
    As for shards, their multiplier is strictly based on ranks. This system is fine for me, as it is on a marketing standpoint and Mineplex obviously needs to pay their employees. I do not think that these multipliers should be merged, as it would essentially create less incentive to play. When you are playing, you should slowly see your gems increase as the multiplier in-game increases.

If you have any further questions/concerns feel free to PM me whenever!
    Have a great day!

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  3. I’ve moved this thread to general idea discussion.

Anyway, to reiterate what xSebbie said, basically the system multiplies your gems and shards differently. You need to level up your “Gem Hunter” stat, because once you level it up your gem rewards for each game will increase. For shards, as said above it’s entirely based on your rank. Since you’re Eternal you should get the highest shard bonus out of all the ranks. I don’t think that Eternal really needs another multiplier as the current multiplier that it has already works just fine.

So, to summarize, there really isn’t a need to give more bonuses as the current system is just fine.

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  4. Wait Mineplex Staff get paid?

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  5. The only paid employees of Mineplex are Developers, Customer Support, Admins (exceptions), Leadership, Owners, and people of the marketplace sub team. As for Trainees, Moderators, Senior Moderators, Builders, etc. they are essentially volunteers for Mineplex and are not paid. Sorry if my previous post was confusing.

If you have any further questions/concerns, feel free to PM me whenever!
    Have a fantastic day!

Posted Feb 11, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 11, 2019
  6. Why does your profile say your a male and your skin is a girl and profile picture. @xSebbie

Posted Feb 11, 2019
    Jaekub, ireallylikerats and xSebbie like this.
  7. Good question, @NothinButNet36.

But anyway, even though I never bought a rank I’m fine with any amount of rewards I’m receiving right now. Although an increase is always nice, I do have to remember I’m at the bottom of the spectrum, and I’m used to that (and the rewards that I receive). If I ever did want to increase my rewards then I’d buy something to help me. Right now the rewards system is pretty okay, so I don’t give much traction towards your suggestion. I say this due to the idea just being a bit luxurious then actually fixing lack of rewards, which isn’t even an issue. Sorry, but I don’t agree.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  8. I feel like we should get maybe 5% more than what we usually get. The rewards are fairly low and I think they are in need of a slight buff. According to the EULA, ranks cannot have an extra gem booster, as that would give players who didn't buy a rank slower access to kits that are better than others. I'm going to stay neutral on this for now.

Posted Feb 12, 2019
  9. As you've stated, items like "gem boosters" are not permitted in view of the EULA. Shards are free from this regulation because they act strictly as a cosmetic currency, so they are allowed to be tied to ranks. If what you're asking for is an increased gem reward, the reward would have to be increased for all players. In my opinion, this isn't really necessary -- the gem system is balanced so that any new player who performs well in a handful of games can go and purchase a new kit and feel excited about it. It is not so unbalanced that it takes hours of grinding to be able to afford one kit. Furthermore, as others have stated, the Gem Hunter system exists, encouraging you to level up as much as possible :) I personally get more gems than I know what to do with.

Posted Feb 12, 2019