• 426 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2407 Players Online
  • 1981 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Rewards for all games

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by ReJoPlays(9501), Sep 7, 2020.

Tags:
?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

58.3%
  2. Could use some changes

37.5%
  3. No

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. So I've come up with an idea, what the title says.
    I think people who play Creative Housing, Survival, & Skyblock should also get rewards for playing. So I was thinking about 30 gems, 30 shards, & 100 XP each hour you play on either of those three games. Especially since one of the the tips in chat says " Earn gems and shards by playing games! ". So this is my idea, and I'm not sure if it exists already, but an AFK detector or something would be nice so people can't just stay there being AFK for hours getting free rewards.
    Thanks for reading!

Posted Sep 7, 2020
  2. Sounds like a good idea. :)

Posted Sep 7, 2020
  3. I think this would definitely be something good for the players that play those particular games, sounds like a good idea to me.

Posted Sep 10, 2020
  4. This could be problematic because some players could simply just move around and be there for an hour and not actually be productively doing something in the game. Survival and CH were designed to just stray away from playing mini games and is more about talking and hanging out with other people. For Skyblock, I think rewards would be better off being earned through objectives or achievements.

Posted Sep 10, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  5. OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 10, 2020
  6. Hm, nice idea!

The only thing I think I would change would make it every 30 minutes, 15 gems, 15 shards, 50 XP. I dunno, I just don't think someone would play those modes hours at a time.

Posted Sep 10, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  7. I honestly like this idea. It seems amazing for those players that like to play CH and Survival for fun, even Skyblock. The only problem with this is AFKing like @xstr4fiingx || strafed303 said. If we could possibly lower the XP and gem numbers to maybe 15 gems and 75 XP, people wouldn't really want to AFK it as it's barely anything.

Overall, I like the idea and I wouldn't mind seeing it implemented if we could agree on someone whether it's the amount you get, how you get it, etc etc.

Posted Sep 10, 2020
  8. To add on, it would be cool to have achievements like reach 100 players in your house in CH at one time. You would get rewards for these types of achievements and it makes players want to actually build for something. Overall, not a bad idea! Only thing is what xstr4fiingx and jaborrie said.

Posted Sep 10, 2020
  9. +1! I've been thinking about the same thing for a while now! Though we need to make sure that we have afk checks to ensure players aren't just afking for the sake of receiving rewards. I actually really like zFlqre's idea of adding achievements to these games aswell.

While this is a great idea, I don't believe this is a priority right now for the developer team! But I would love to see it implemented in the future!

Posted Sep 18, 2020
    ReJoPlays(9501) likes this.
  10. Helloooo

Yeah, I think there are too many issues with this idea that could be exploited for stats. I think a few people above me had a great idea with achievements having a better impact and representation of time dedicated to the game. It would be easy to just AFK in a game and receive the rewards. This has been requested in the past for the Java game, Clans, and has never went through for reasons like these that can be bypassed. A different way to earn rewards should definitely be added though, as some people on play these games and earn no experience for it. Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Sep 19, 2020
    Diego0160 and GAM like this.
  11. You could always just kick afk players, or create an afk player lobby like Hypixel has, so the legitimate players could get rewards in these games, and the stat boosters wouldn't be able to.

Posted Sep 19, 2020
    PieOrPi likes this.
  12. I totally think this idea could work just a small issue like you said there would be people who AFK it or have some kind of way to move so they bypass the AFK blocker. Especially in Skyblock or Survival Grinding since both of these games could be afk heavy (grinding ores, waiting for trees to grow, waiting for mobs to spawn. Etc Etc. I feel like this idea could work but at the same time I think there's some small issues that need to be worked out first. I'll have to stay neutral on this one since I can't give a defined answer.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
  13. Lol download an auto clicker

Posted Sep 20, 2020
  14. I am extremely mixed on the idea of rewarding players for all gamemodes. It is something I have thought of before, and while it can be extremely beneficial, it has some major drawbacks.

So adding rewards for all gamemodes would definitely allows players who don't enjoy the other gamemodes offered more of an incentive to play and reward them for their dedication to the server. This would be extremely beneficial, as many players do mainly play just on Creative, Survival, or Skyblock, and giving them experience for playing gamemodes they enjoy just makes sense. Problems develop though, as there would be players who try to cheat the system.

As you said, there is the possibility of adding an anti-afk system, which might work, but there are multiple ways around anti-afk systems, so that really wouldn't work. I have been trying to figure out another system, or maybe a system in conjunction with anti-afk that would prevent boosting, but I don't believe there is another alternative. The only possible solution I have thought of would most likely be impossible to implement, and even if it was, would take an exorbitant amount of development time. The only thing that might work is if the amount of XP, gems, and shards rewarded were extremely low, but this could still be abused and would not really provide a big benefit to the players who are playing legit.

So while I think this would be great, currently I don't think it is feasible. If someone could think of a good system to prevent abuse, I would be completely in on this idea.

Posted Sep 23, 2020
  15. I think a good work around would be to possibly have an anti afk that detects if people are standing still for a while that they won't get any rewards until they start moving actively again. Perhaps not a system that kicks players or what not but a system that just doesn't give them the rewards if they are AFK.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
    Diego0160 and ReJoPlays(9501) like this.
  16. Anti-afk could possibly work, but generally there are ways for players to get around this. Even just placing something on the walk key could disable to anti-afk. With more advanced anti-afk systems, they can also detect mouse movements, but these can also be easily abused other ways. I still think rewarding players on all parts of the network are important, and an anti-afk system can help, but there will always be someone who tries to cheat the system. I think it should definitely be brought up, and maybe that risk will just have to be taken.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  17. I highly disagree with this. Players can afk and even with a anti-afk they could in someway by bass it to earn several gems, shards, and experience points. I also find Skyblock very disappointing because I can’t make new profiles or restart because I accidentally fell off the island. I would agree if the reward was 5 gems, 10 shards, and ZERO EXPERIENCE POINTS because as I said before, “Players can afk and even with a anti-afk they could in someway bybass it to earn several gems, shards, and experience points.” I also find Creative Housing really disappointing because every once in a while I get disconnected or it crashes my game. When I play other mini-games it doesn’t crash or disconnects. (Well if my internet goes out then I’ll be disconnected). Creative housing also takes long to place down blocks. It takes a couple of seconds for it to load in. Anyway, I highly disagree with rewards for these mini-games. I have nothing to say about Survival but I do want to say it’s really successful and fun.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  18. If they're moving their mouse, at that point I feel as if they might as well be playing the game. Unfortunately there's only so far you can go. Users can AFK in any game, AFK system or not & receive an amount of gems, XP, etc. I don't really believe this should be treated any differently. Assuming there was an Anti-AFK system based on player mouse (or the mobile equivalent) movement, gems based on time played in the games mentioned (save for skyblock) seems pretty reasonable.

Overall I'm not against the idea if it were implemented properly, it seems like a great way to reward users for their time. Assuming an Anti-AFK system was implemented properly I'd be supportive of something like this happening. If users are bypassing a mouse-movement based Anti-AFK using a script/mod, at that point it's a moderation issue & not to do with stats.

It's worth noting XP & gems are given largely based on game time in Mob Arena already, making this not really a far-fetched idea, and setting a bit of precedent for it!

Regards,
    Fallen!

Posted Sep 24, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 24, 2020
    StyxKiller03 and ReJoPlays(9501) like this.
  19. Sorry, I might not have elaborated on what I meant very well. If players are actively moving their mouse, while doing nothing else, I would be fine with that, as they can only do it as long as they can play the game. What I was trying to say is there are systems that can generate fake mouse movements to appear like you are moving your mouse. This would allow players to bypass the anti-afk system.

And yeah, all games somewhat allow afk for a bit, but generally it is stopped after one game. My concern is people logging onto Housing, then just letting their computer run for hours on end. Possibly if it was a multi-metric system, that also incorporated walking, mouse movement, block placing (for housing), maybe mining (for survival), and other game specific features to help eliminate the possibility of anti-afk work arounds. I am not saying that would even be possible, or it should be implemented as it would take tons of time, but that would really be the only system I could think of to completely remove people who bypass anti-afk systems.

With all that being said, I do somewhat agree with the having a way to earn xp in some of the largest gamemodes on Bedrock, but I am just concerned with abuse. My other concern is balancing, as getting the rewards to give can be a little tricky for a gamemode that is really only time based. I do think it can be done, it would probably just take a bit of tinkering.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  20. There are better games to afk for xp than 100 an hour, that’s barely a dent so i don’t see an issue

Posted Sep 24, 2020