• 993 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9923 Players Online
  • 8930 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

reward players for remaining in arcade servers

Discussion in 'Arcade Games' started by CheeseySF, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Quite simple idea: Staying in a MIN server for multiple games increases your rewards (gems & shards)
    These numbers aren't a set in stone value im proposing, but would rather prefer one to observe the idea

game 1
    100 gems
    100 shards
    (for example)

game 2
    110 gems
    110 shards
    (10% increase)

(and some cap somewhere)

would try to aim to prevent people from sniping specific games, although gems and shards are practically meaningless to the everyday tryhard so realistically this would be targetted at new players. Mixed arcade's rewards are terrible anyway, so it would make sense to buff them in this way. Two birds in one stone.

Also please randomize mixed arcade games the bottom half of the rotation is suffering.

Posted Apr 15, 2021
    jis likes this.
  2. I don't personally think this is necessary, and while I won't bother explaining why people hop MIN lobbies because I'm sure you already know as a mixed player yourself, I don't see why we should give others an extra reward for just playing the game. Seems like it'll just be counterproductive to solving Mixed's issues(which are mostly just server population based which is never an easy fix) and I honestly just see people staying in games and putting in 0% effort in the ones they don't want to play.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  3. Not wrong. I think rewarding players more rewards should help min servers sustain themselves. 0% effort shouldn't be that big of an issue if the rewards have not too high of a capping point. A randomized queue would be more viable with this since you'll be forced into playing sheep quest anyway.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 18, 2021
  4. I agree that MIN is terrible for any rewards but I don't know if this is the way we should go about it to solve that issue. People could pretty much afk every game for a few hours and then get a lot more rewards later on and that just isn't fair.

As for solving hopping and whatnot, MIN should really just have a completely randomized order every time for its rotation. I don't know what else we can do to help that issue.

Posted Apr 18, 2021