• 2014 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2014 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Reviving Mineplex

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Paladise, Jun 23, 2020.

1. There are a lot of people with Millions of Gems. I'm sure some of them would like to give you some Gems, they just probably don't know that your community exists. Currently Gem inflation is a much bigger problem on Mineplex than people not having enough Gems. There are hackers, but you are not going to see hackers in most games you get into. I think people over exaggerate the hacker problem on Mineplex, because it is not as bad as most people think. You are not going to see a hacker in every game, because there aren't enough hackers for that. If you are having problems with hackers, I suggest reporting them or joining StaffRequest.

I find it very hard to believe that these people you know who have played Mineplex for a long time don't have many Gems, but I'm guessing that they don't play that often if they don't have many Gems, or they may have spent most of their Gems on unlocking kits.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  2. We like to play on a private server

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  3. You can't say Mineplex is a pay to win, just because you play on a private server. If you want Gems to buy kits in SSM, and other games, you'll need to play on regular servers.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  4. I still and will belive it is a pay to win, Mroe gems you pay the more the chance you will win and becasue I just want to have fun instead of grind puts me at a disadvantage. Pay to win in my opinion

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  5. Meh, a lot of this seems like stuff everyone is already painfully aware of. For example, everyone knows the anti-cheat needs improvement, and everyone knows a new game is needed to revitalize interest. Though, I will give you props for explaining your suggestions comprehensively, but more impressive than that, crediting those who came before. I'll go over points I find interesting to talk about.

1. Bringing back older players- a revamped Classics Cow/Weekend Brawl is a great option here, but the important thing is permanence. One of the biggest issues with Brawl was that people didn't want to spend ungodly amounts of gems every month playing a buggy, poorly thought out game; the game roster needs to be desirable, filled with games that a lot of people want to return (Castle Siege for example). Using CS to further the analogy, limited availability also helps mitigate the criticism that people wouldn't play if it returned (regardless of if you agree with that criticism or not, weekend-only availability makes the game more exclusive and attractive). The other thing to note for bringing back old players is this: the importance of updating current games can not be understated. Don't be okay with the fact that former MP game communities left and made their own version because your own version was buggy and unbalanced, strive to get those people back, and consider the thoughts of everyone.

2. Bringing in new players- YouTube and Twitch presence mostly, but another excellent way to do this is to appeal to diverse communities within the wider multiplayer MC community. Want to bring in more creative players to fill in the gaps between Speed Builders and Master Builders? Create a non-PvP, building-based gamemode. Want to bring in competitive PvP players? Revamp Glads or make a Duels mode. Younger players who prefer a PvE experience? Grab Mob Arena from Bedrock. Thinkers and strategists? Tower defense. Completionists? Prison. You get the point. There's a whole spectrum of game types that Mineplex hasn't even scratched the surface on because it's historically been a "minigame server" (what good is being a minigame server if they won't even update their minigames?).

3. More to do- Better stats system that is up to date with current standards, long-term leveling, Community and MPS unlocks, Sam the Slime update, Carl update, lobby shenanigans, etc. You touched on that stuff, but it's what is going to keep people here. Nobody really wants a surface level experience where the most you can do is play the game or hang out in the lobby. Round out the server and expand on good concepts. Where concepts don't hold up, don't hesitate to do away with them and replace them.

The rest, like I said, is "common sense" whatever that means. Just felt the need to talk about the above 3 because they aren't considered as much imo. The only thing I disagree with you on is the kit subscription- it takes away the achievement in achievement kit. Should be earned, not bought.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
    Craftik_YT and Paladise like this.
    • General Rudeness
    >:( They gave me a warning for this >:(

Hello there, Kahoot! I can name a plethora of players with over a million gems. I myself currently have around 1.7 million, after spending quite a few on my community. This in-game currency is not very hard to get, given that there isn't much to spend gems on in the first place.
    If you'd like more gems, I kindly suggest getting better at the game!

Dear Kahoot,
    Although kahoot is a great place to find online quizzes, it seems that you do not understand the meaning of pay to win. Perhaps I could make you a kahoot quiz on the meaning of pay to win?
    You cannot directly buy gems.
    You can buy ranks which slightly increase the yield of gems per game.
    Regardless of this, kits in SSM are set in such a way that free kits can trump drachma-bought kits.
    It is not pay to win, especially if kits are very easy to get. Most players can buy what they want by the time they have about one in-game day. Spider kit is essentially one of the strongest kits in the game. It is free.

Posted Jul 31, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 31, 2020
    • Necro Posting
    So, I understand that this is necroposting, but this entire reviving mineplex thread is almost exactly what I wrote for my trainee application but more focused on advertising than what you have written here tho the game modes and developers are mentioned, I like the fact that someone has essentially the same thoughts as me.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    Paladise likes this.