• 567 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10031 Players Online
  • 9464 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Revive Turf Wars

Discussion in 'Turf Wars' started by TurfWarsWannabeSweat, Jun 3, 2021.

?

Should Turf Wars get an update?

1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

16.7%
  1. I think there should be an update to Turf Wars, everyday I log on and try to play Turf Wars, just to see 0 players queueing it, its kinda sad. I really enjoy Bow PvP and would love if there was an update.

Posted Jun 3, 2021
    aiirr, Tanish_ and Jet Starglaze like this.
  2. Updates are hard with only 1 dev for bedrock, and I can imagine java is the same. All games need their own updates, but main priorities should go towards fixing bugs across all games first in my opinion. I hear Alex is interviewing lots of people for the developer position on both java and bedrock, so keep an eye out for that.

Posted Jun 3, 2021
    TurfWarsWannabeSweat and Tanish_ like this.
  3. Oh ok thanks, its kinda sad that I am not an OG player and couldn't enjoy the days when Turf Wars, One in the Quiver and Micro Battles were alive on Java (I have grinded all of them on Bedrock tho)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 3, 2021
  4. Sad times indeed. One in the quiver along with all the other mixed arcade games were sadly removed about a year ago now with the new lobby update we had in june in 2020 for bedrock. Nobody even wanted mixed arcade to be removed lmao

Posted Jun 3, 2021
    TurfWarsWannabeSweat likes this.
  5. there are usually at least 2 to 3 turf lobbies throughout the day at any given time past noon

Posted Jun 3, 2021
  6. True, I often see games in the afternoon starting and more on bedrock usually.

Posted Jun 3, 2021
  7. As someone who only tends to get on late at night, I hardly see any lobbies open even on the weekend on the Java platform. Though as of recently I haven't played much so the lobby count could have increased recently, especially since summer is coming up. I've always been a big fan of Turf Wars and I played around the time where it was incredibly popular. However, as the server itself has kind of died down, the game has done the same and only ever tends to be the same group of people that play regularly. I've seen lots of suggestions for an update to Turf Wars, though the suggestions vary from an achievement kit, game balances, and kit alterations. I've always leaned more towards games receiving game balances and I do think Turf Wars, as simple as it is, could use some sort of update. Though, even if there were to be an update I don't foresee it dramatically increasing the number of players that play the game itself. Is there any specific update you'd prefer to see or do you mean an overall game balance update?

Posted Jun 3, 2021
  8. I would love to see an update for Turf Wars, I enjoy the minigame and find it amazing to play with friends.

Posted Jun 4, 2021
  9. Honestly any update that makes the game get players, I just wanna play it, that's all.
    Yeah I have a ton of friends but none of them like Turf Wars xd
    Oh well I haven't played Bedrock Mineplex in a looong time, that's kinda sad... I also remember when I could see my Cake Wars Xbox stats and grind for them, I don't think I can anymore tho

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 4, 2021
  10. The biggest problem and the largest factor in the low playercount is the fact that not many people play Java. With more games,a dn less players, people rarely play some games.

Posted Jun 4, 2021
  11. Definitely would love to see Turf Wars revived with an update, even just new maps. Bringing back OGs from 2013-2018 who used to play Mineplex and enjoy old games like this would be a benefit.

Posted Jun 8, 2021
  12. AlexTheCoder has mentioned recently that both Bedrock and Java mineplex should get at least a couple developers each so whenever appropriate candidates are hired there should be new updates coming out more efficiently than they are right now.
    I am not sure how high Turf Wars is on the priority list, however, there should be a few lobbies running in the EST afternoon hours, as mentioned previously in this thread, and if there aren't, I suggest joining a Mixed Arcade lobby and waiting for Turf Wars to be played.
    There is not much we can do, other than create threads with ideas that we would like to see implemented for Turf Wars and other games, as the process of hiring new developers is currently in motion and we should see updates coming out as soon as the appropriate candidates are hired.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    Nightys and TurfWarsWannabeSweat like this.
  13. Thanks for the info, I hope to see an update on Turf Wars. I am not the type of person to get bored too quick so I can wait and I understand that its not an easy job to update it rn.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 15, 2021
  14. Turf Wars has always been one of the games I played more often on the Bedrock server, and as much as I would also like to see an update for it (along with other games) I am very happy to wait for it as there are most likely priority on bugs for all games modes across the servers and I would love to see more people enjoy the games rather than mostly being upset with bugs and such within the games.

Posted Jun 21, 2021
  15. Hey!

I too love Turf Wars and have played it on and off for as long as I can remember so I definitely see where you are coming from here. I typically like to play combat games with bows too since I'm just naturally good at them, so I was always pretty drawn to the game itself. The playercount in different games can often depend on the time of day, so depending on your timezone there may just be less players on that particular game then. I do agree that the game (and some others too) could use an update considering the length of time its been since its last received one, but right now I'm sure there are many other priorities for the Developer Team that take precedent first and foremost. As MarkTheNub mentioned above, the Development Manager AlexTheCoder has stated that he plans to hire developers in the near future, so when that happens perhaps we will start to see more of these kinds of updates rolling out. At this point the best thing to do seems to be to try and remain patient and see what happens on that end.

Posted Jun 27, 2021