• 264 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6427 Players Online
  • 6163 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Revert Cake Wars

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SATUREST, Oct 24, 2021.

1. It's really almost as if Mineplex wants their own server to die off. Who actually asked for any of the changes that were made? The new interface looks like garbage, feels like garbage, and just is garbage. The way each thing works is horrible too. Stars don't dupe with res gen until lvl 3? Why is there EVEN a level three??? Also, you don't get your bow with archery after you die? Why? Why was that removed? I just really want to know what the hell is going on in anybody at Mineplex's heads to think that any of this was actually a good idea.

Posted Oct 24, 2021
    VIRZO and StyxKiller03 like this.
  2. How many games have you played? Because we're quite aware that change is not well accepted in the community, but if you went into it with a closed mind and haven't played many games, I encourage you to try some more. It's not going to be as easy to max out the team upgrades, and that should serve as a good thing to curb the pub stomping that occurred every single game in the past. It's still going to happen, but it's meant to even the playing field for different types of team dynamics. If you were used to being on the teams dominating the games, I can see why this update is frustrating to you, because it's changing the way you have to think about the game in order to win. Doesn't make it a bad thing.

You didn't list any objective reasons why this was a bad update, you're speaking subjectively and saying you don't like it. Can you give some concrete examples why it would benefit the majority of the server to revert the gamemode?

Posted Oct 24, 2021
    • Inappropriate Content
    The reason it was a bad update is because nobody ever wanted it; it's clearly not just me. It doesn't help the flow of gameplay at all, rather making it even worse. The stars system to max out enchantments is annoying as hell, but the way you put it, as much as I hate to admit it, actually makes sense (I still don't get why resource gen is 50 bricks though). That said, the interface of the shops shouldn't have been messed with whatsoever; there was absolutely no need for it to change at all. At least the stars system changes have the "well it's to prevent pub stomping" reason, but for the interface there's no reason at all other than "hey this looks like Bedwars' interface! Maybe that'll get us players". The classes shouldn't have been touched either; the update a few years back that removed the bow when you spawned made sense since you couldn't even touch mid without some loser bow spamming you, but this recent one just didn't make much sense at all. Why make it so that you don't get a bow after you die? It wasn't overpowered at all; it was a feature that just made sense, and it was removed. As for how many games I've played, yes I admit it wasn't much, but it was very hard to get back into (mainly because of the interface change and the archery change as I main archery). Anyway, the update hasn't been well received for a good reason; the overall flow of the game has been completely shifted, and quite frankly ruined. I think it's fine to change things, but just maybe do a test flight for it before an official release? Just to get some feedback on how the playerbase will take it so this **** doesn't happen. As I said before, it clearly isn't just me.

Also, yeah my bad for the close-minded statement before. While I still stand by the majority of what I said, I don't really like making myself look like a loser -snip- and that's kind of what I did. Hopefully, this has a bit more insight as to why I don't think this update should've gone live rather than me just saying it sucks.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 25, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Oct 25, 2021
  3. "it was a bad update is because nobody ever wanted it"
    This isn't a reason for why it was inherently bad. Nobody wanted NANO games but it's one of our most popular games. Change is not always bad, though our community does like to jump to that conclusion .You're saying it's not just you who doesn't enjoy the update, and I'm sure that's true, but I'm on the forums and Discord very often and have not seen anyone else complaining about it. So it does seem to be a minority. We'll need to wait until Halloween Havoc is gone to get a real measure of how it's being accepted (since most people are occupied with HH or HHC right now) and then we may be able to revisit it.

From my experience with new or changed gamemodes, there aren't going to be many post-patches unless there was a big uproar within the first week of release, which didn't happen. Don't quote me on that because Timmi might do things differently than others have.

I've also noticed this thread has been up for 24 hours now with no other replies. Generally if this was an issue the community was genuinely distraught with, there would have been tens of replies by now.

I understand your frustration with the archer kit, but that's probably one of the least popular kits, and it's likely GI who made that decision due to balancing gameplay. You can choose another kit or get used to the changes with archer.

Changing the shop was not done in the hopes that appearing more like Hypixel would get us more players, no clue where you got that from. rosmeme (Quality Assurance Admin) said on Discord "the whole shop change is going to be very useful and it is VERY needed". Unfortunately she didn't elaborate, but you could ask her if you're curious the reason. Again here, change does not make it bad. Yes it's going to take some getting used to, but you memorized the first shop layout, you can memorize the new one.

I still urge you to play more than a handful of games and let us know if any of your issues in perception of the update are solved once you're used to the changes.

Posted Oct 25, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  4. For real... The shop is all over the place, the capping times are different, resource generator is easy to get, like it's just weird...

Posted Oct 25, 2021