• 3168 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12526 Players Online
  • 9358 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Returning to the game

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Eroil, Nov 9, 2018.

?

Nice, new poll system.

1. Hello!

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. RUN AWAY WHILE YOU STILL CAN

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Not sure how to start. Guess I'll just go ahead and-
    So I've been planning on returning to the game for quite some time. I've been fairly active in the forums about 2.5 years ago, maybe one of you remembers me. I used to play quite a lot, but ~2 years ago I saw that being too much on the computer was a hindrance to a change I wanted to do in my life, and didn't want to return until it felt right. I was thinking of returning a lot, but life just kinda got in the way, and I didn't really find the right time.
    Recently I played the game a little at a friend's place that has a much better pc and internet, and was reminded of just how damn fun this game is when it's not a complete lagfest, really motivated me to get a better computer and internet so I'll be able to play normally.
    Anyways, wanted to ask if someone can direct me to the last balance update so I'll know what changed, had a bit of trouble finding them (or maybe I did and they're just really old? would make sense). I have a few ideas I've been saving for a really long time, but not knowing the balance right now will make it harder to properly design them.
    Really nice they added triple jump though! Never thought they actually will.
    I saw they nerfed my precious slime finally, not complaining, .5 recovery was way too much.

Posted Nov 9, 2018
  2. Hello, Eroil!

Regardless of whether you choose to return or not, a lot on Mineplex has changed and I think you'd have a lot of fun if you returned! To see exactly what has changed, you can view the changelogs here. As a matter of fact, I know exactly what it is like to leave for a long time and return because that's exactly what I did this summer. I spent a lot of time off of Mineplex playing other games and programming, but then I returned and have been having fun ever since.

As you can obviously see already, we have a new website on Xenforo! The main reason we switched to Xenforo is because you can do so much more with it in terms of features. If you have any questions about Xenforo or about Mineplex, just ask in the "Help" section of the forums or in-game as I'm sure somebody would be glad to assist you.

Anyways, welcome back!​

Posted Nov 9, 2018
  3. Jam
    x

Tldr:

>Spider is meta, strongest kit with argubly the most potential
    >Wolf is mega busted with ravage. Basically invalidates most kits with its playstyle
    >Creeper runs rampant in pubs for being easy to use and easy to knock people away, but in fact is actually super easy to beat
    >Blaze also super easy to run and abuse Firefly
    >Enderman, Slime, Zombie still stupidly good

>>Villager is the latest kit and also sucks, boasting an overcomplicated moveset and depressing playstyle
    >>Guardian would also be new to you, p much the combo equivalent of IG with more complex killing potential and some useful tech

Posted Nov 9, 2018
  4. ^ is completely false. Currently, Squid dominates the smash mob cast. Ink shotgun does massive damage + 6 melee damage allows you to combo pretty well. Chicken is also close behind, being the 2nd best kit. Chicken missile has one of the highest dps if u can land it consistently. Guardian is also a worse version of IG.

Posted Nov 9, 2018
  5. Thanks! The link you sent contains all the developer updates in more than a year, so while I can go one by one and search for the latest update, I kinda hoped that someone has it tabbed or something, worst case I will do that, I guess. As for the forums... while the overall visual design is definitely an improvement I'd say, I saw that old threads are inaccessible, which is very unfortunate.

Honestly, nothing new aside from creeper being much more common. IMO spider has been tied for the best for a really long time, even when it didn't have poison (for some reason) I still think it had very strong argument for number 1, same with wolf but now if it's buffed then even more so. Zombie and Skeleton have always been extremely good with very high potential and good matchups, basically since their release.
    Oh and blaze deals damage with Firefly? I assume it does if you say they abuse it. If so, I'm actually glad, back like 2 patches ago or how many patches there have been they would basically just spam inferno, maybe a melee hit now and then.
    As for villager, I played around with it for a bit, from the little that I got from it, it seems to me its problem isn't that it's overcomplicated but more of just having fairly bad options compared to other kits... I mean, why would you want a spider with lower damage, worse recovery, and not having the directional jump always? Every profession it can take seems like a worse-something-else. A jack of all trades, master of none I guess. I have played it only a few minutes, but that's the impression I got. A creative design to be sure though, I commend them on that.

Thanks for the heads up man, I'll get to maining chicken right away. Can't get enough of those amazing stats. Every time I see those 2.5 armor.... And precious 200% KB taken.... I just can't resist.
    Jokes and all, not sure if you were here at the time, but squid used to be one of the best kits after the October 2015 update, when they buffed the shotgun to do insane damage, and fish flurry would lag everyone out of existence every time it was used.
    Guardian seems very interesting. With its passive and smaller hitbox it seemed to me it has a potential to be better that IG in certain matchups. Maybe I'm wrong, still want to test it though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 9, 2018
  6. I believe this is the last Developer Update thread for SSM -
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/developer-update-1-25-18.1633/.
    I'd also recommending taking a look at the game page for it, which may provide further information on the game/kits - https://www.mineplex.com/games/ssm/.

I don't play the game so can't really offer you more than that, but hopefully the links I provided help somewhat with exact figures, etc. :)

Posted Nov 11, 2018
    Eroil likes this.
  7. Thanks! Saved me a lot of time.
    Some of the changes are a bit odd to me (like wolf and creeper) because I see they basically just added a feature that I wasn't really here to experience, and removed before I fully decided to return. Definitely gives me a better idea of what's changed though.
    I did see the game page, am glad they concentrated every kit stats there, even if it doesn't contain the stats of every move.
    I think I might go over both those changes and the previous one before I start releasing the ideas I've been saving up.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 11, 2018
  8. No worries, glad I was able to help.

This sounds like a great idea! While you are able to do these things on the forums, if you are interested in talking about SSM further and if you aren't already, I'd recommend you apply to join the SSM GI Discord. This way you can talk with other players experienced about the game and discuss ideas, changes, balancing, etc. You can apply to join the discord here - https://www.mineplex.com/applicationform/gi-discord-app.24/form

Good luck if you decide to apply :)

Posted Nov 12, 2018
    lili :) likes this.
  9. Maybe I will once I have enough time, and feel that I'm knowledgeable enough to help there besides throwing in some random ideas. Right now I think I'm too new to this state of the game to really know what I'm talking about. Thanks for the suggestion anyways, didn't really think about it before and know how much of an option is it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 12, 2018
    Sophie_OGrady likes this.