• 2116 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6422 Players Online
  • 4306 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Restore Micro Battle

Discussion in 'Micro Battle' started by YellowFlare, Sep 15, 2018.

1. By this i mean make lava flow again, remove water maps and bring back the traditional Map layout and not all these fancy new maps.
    Oh and re-add the old maps.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    joshbet9 likes this.
  2. Heyo!
    I personally think lava-flow should also be re-added, however, I disagree with the changing of maps. I think the water maps were an amazing add-on since it's less FPS impacting so players with lower end computers are able to enjoy the game without their computer being an issue. I am interested to know how other micro players will respond to this thread since micro battles is a classic Mineplex gamemode.

Cheers!
    :mineplex:

Posted Sep 16, 2018
    EwMikey likes this.
  3. I think lava-flow should come back, yeah. But definitely shouldn't change up the maps. The new maps look amazing and, like TeaSpiller said, do have less frame drop.

Personally, I agree with you on lava-flow, but not changing up the maps again.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
    JoePCool14 and TeaSpiller like this.
  4. I wouldn't mind if lava flow came back. I don't believe it would affect the way I personally play the game. I also don't mind having water maps. I know some people prefer lava since it's harder to get out of it when you fall in it, which makes it easier to kill players by pushing them in it.

I think the new maps we have are fine. The classic map layout of having a structure in the middle of your quadrant and a few other small builds surrounding it got pretty stale. Newer maps that don't follow those guidelines change a player's strategies and allow for unique gameplay. Are there any specific maps that you don't like playing on? What maps do you want to see brought back?

Posted Sep 16, 2018
    EwMikey likes this.
  5. Like said above I myself kinda think that lava flow returning would be cool since it adds back another gameplay feature. And as Dva said above herself and most people wouldn't be affected by the change gameplay wise.

But being someone who mainly focuses on maps and aesthetics I disagree with bringing back old maps and removing water maps. Let's start with water maps, water maps are favourited by me and many others; removing this would get some people mad. Water maps give people a chance to still survive when falling in, plus it just looks appealing to the eyes in certain maps.

With bringing back the 'old maps' and removing the newer ones, I'd have to disagree huge with this one. Most of the old maps got removed due to the fact of not being up to standard with gameplay and looks and like you said been replaced by the newer ones. Speaking of the 'newer ones' personally, I love them, they bring so many opportunities to micro battle and who doesn't like that. Also being the one who collabed with Tectonic the first big change to micro battle maps I've gotten a lot of positive feedback to it.

If you want to suggest a change or removal of a map I'd suggest reporting it or just suggest it by itself (: - cous

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  6. I agree, but first they should fix all the random holes.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  7. add lava flow and fix random holes

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  8. Hey,

As other people have said, I also think lava flow should come back. I'm not sure how much water maps actually help FPS wise (I mean I know they help a little, just not sure actually how much), but they do like nice and I prefer having the variation, rather than always lava.
    About the removed maps, they were removed for a reason. Some were nice-- sure, and maybe those could be considered being added back if a few changes were made to make it better, but I'm fine with the current map rotation and would like to see some new maps.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  9. As a long-time MB player, I *really* miss lava flow and would love for it to return.

Lava flow was important since it changed the effectiveness of certain strategies. If you wanted to block off your corner from other teams, you simply removed blocks to extend the lava. Getting rid of bridges over the lava would also restore the lava (more-or-less). If someone dug underground, lava flow was the best way to attempt to kill them.

Having this removed very well may have improved performance for people, but it seriously changed the game, and if it came back, I would be very happy.

In terms of the maps, I don't mind the new ones. Sure, I miss the days of just Towers 9998, Deserted, and Seasons, but I'm perfectly fine with the new maps. Different maps lead to different strategies that are more effective on one map over another. Not to mention, the newer map designs are beautiful aesthetically.

If lava/water flow was restored, and the random holes bugs were patched, I would be a very happy MB player again.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
    Chrris likes this.
  10. Yea not having the lava flow no being there In my opinion makes it much easier for worker classes. The lava won't fall on their heads meaning they will have much more coverage.

Another reason is the new border spawning randomly in the middle and anywhere else. Me personally when I try to build up to a base with sand, sometimes the border spawns right under me and kills me, but that might be just my luck.

I would like the old micro battles back, no question.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  11. I dislike playing on the pirateship map. I miss the simple ones that were best for gameplay like deserted and towers9998. I'm fine with water and having a mid-map structure for maps, but I wish they would retain the "base" building in all four quadrants like the original maps for all the new builds.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  12. I've played Micro Battles for quite a long while now, and I really do miss the lava flow. That it something that I would like back, would make for some more interesting play.

Water maps are fine, gives more variety to the map rotation, instead of just playing lava every single time.

At first, I was somewhat eh on the newer designed maps (where the water would curve around, etc), but after a while, I've grown to love them, they, like water maps, give a lot more variety. I get that the old maps were definitely much more simpler for gameplay, which was probably more appealing, but these old maps are definitely not worthy of removal.

Maps were probably removed for a reason. I know a few months ago a good amount of maps got removed for content review, so they probably had a reason to be removed. Would be nice to have some older maps that didn't really have an issue to come back though, for nostalgia sake.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  13. Hello!

I haven't played micro battles in a while. When I did, I realized they made holes in the maps. Like when the border of the island start to fall, some of the middle parts do as well. I think this should be removed. Also add the old maps.

-Vuya

Posted Sep 16, 2018
    PapiKirito likes this.
  14. Hi,

I loved the old Micro battles! Fast games, little to no camping and playing as a team was a major aspect back then. I feel like the new micro battle games are way too fast at the moment.

Greetings, Aledai

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  15. Man some people mentioned maps i had forgotten seasons and land of time 2 maps that need a comeback :O

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2018
  16. Yeah lava flow needs to come back.

Posted Sep 18, 2018
  17. I would support the idea to bring back lava flow. I don't hate it either way honestly, but I do think it allows for more complicated game play and more possibilities for traps. As for water maps, I love them personally. It can change the way that you play sometimes, such as being able to survive more easily if you fall in since you don't have to worry about being on fire afterwards. I think it's a nice change from time to time when I'm playing multiple games in a row. I also think that applies to maps. While I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back some older maps, I think it's important to keep making newer and improved maps for the game or it would just get stale after a while.

Posted Sep 18, 2018
  18. Im a Bedrock Micro leaderboarder (if thats what u call them idk) and i prefer the water over lava. The water like stated before is less laggy to low end computers and also people on mobile devices like me. And lava can be a bit annoying as sometimes i just slip up and i dont sprint and i fall in the water. With water i have a betetr chance of recovory as o dont have to worry about the fire damage after i get out of if (if you live). It would also be a bit annoying if i get shot into the lava as 3 hearts are taken away from a full charged a bow and then depending on how ling it takes for me to get out (again if i do) then i still have to worry about fire damage and if i do die its frustrating that i died to basically a single bow shot. I hope that made sense :P
    --- Post updated ---
    Thats due to players like me trying to climb the leaderboard (i just got #5 bedrock)

Posted Sep 18, 2018
  19. Hmm... really interesting thread and responses! In my personal opinion, I feel that new variations to maps and their respected characteristics are needed in order to keep players hooked on Micro Battles. I know that whenever there is a new Map Update that includes new Micro Battles maps, I always try to hop from game-to-game trying to find these maps so I can play them. I personally think it's really cool how such a simple gamemode can have such unique and vast maps.

Additionally, as Cousins stated above, many builders who are creating maps for Micro Battles simply like the look of water on their maps. While water may cause a small twist in the PVP aspect of the game, it overall doesn't make a HUGE difference, and I personally feel that it should stay/be allowed, as many maps, such as underwater themed maps, look awkward when build with lava. However, I do think that lava-flow should be implemented back.

Posted Sep 19, 2018