• 257 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2341 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Resetting Message Repeat Filter

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by _Prof_, Oct 6, 2019.

?

What do you think?

1. +1

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. -1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. This QoL alteration will be pretty simple. You cannot repeat the same (or similar) message unless you switch servers in between. If you barely chat and just say "Gg" when the game ends, it will not let you. Since those are the exact same messages, the chat will say "you cannot send the same message twice." I understand that this is to prevent spam and it still will with this suggestion. The message repeat filter resets for everyone when a game starts/ends. I doubt chat can be flooded rapidly regardless.

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    Korben2005, Dan1el, Dallarth and 2 others like this.
  2. Hello ~~~

I do find it a little annoying that if you don't talk in public chat besides saying "gg" it'll say you can't say the same message twice, which can get quite annoying and tedious. I don't see how it could cause more spam since you suggested that the message repeat filter resets for everyone every time a game starts or ends.

The only thing that i'd say about this idea is it's really not something needed. Most people will talk more than once in a game, and if they did add this It'd only benefit people that wanna say gg (or something like that). If it ever tells me I have a similar message then before, I'll just type t and say gg after. It's not something I personally would care to have or not have. I do like the concept tho :)

0.5+

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  3. Well yeah, it's not needed but that's what QoL means. It won't ruin Mineplex for them not to make this change, but it would be nice for it to happen. Also, at least in the games I play, almost no-one talks during them so I feel this would benefit a larger range of people than you are assuming it will.

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    matrixyst, vezay and _Prof_ like this.
  4. Heyo!

I like this idea a lot! There really isn't any harm in adding this, and it definitely would help out. It would get the players to interact with each other more, and it would overall just be a nice little change. Although some players are in intense games and can't chat much, this definitely will help out at least a little bit. While it is not needed, I hope to see this added in the future. Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    Xukuri and _Prof_ like this.
  5. I definitely agree to this or even adding a certain time period where writing the same message expires. I know the system is to prevent spam bots from sharing, but almost exclusively those issues come from the hub lobbies. I think the system could be tweaked a bit to allow players to say repeated messages in games and game lobbies. It would still need to be preventative a bit because people would just figure out how to program bots into games to spam. However, I think there could be a bit more freedom and we'll deal with bots as we need to if the issue arises.

Additionally, we could just make an exception to the system that "gg" and similar messages can be said consecutively. That seems a bit easier to me, but I'm no developer.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    Xukuri and _Prof_ like this.
  6. I wouldn't mind this suggestion being implemented. As a player, I remember struggling to type out messages such as "gg" as a result of the spam prevention filter, causing me to alternate between "good game" and "gg" after each game. Creating an exception for these phrases would be convenient for those who often fail to send a short message once in a while. Although this change would be quite minor, I don't have any issues with this idea and would make a great QoL addition.

Posted Oct 8, 2019
    Xukuri, Awesome299 and _Prof_ like this.
  7. Honestly, I don't think this is a good idea. The MRF prevents players from spamming the chat which is extremely annoying when someone wants to say something or has to say something and it makes it harder for Mods to do their jobs when someone needs help and sends a message with /a. However, I think they should add this to Draw my thing which if you misspelled something, it would block it out because it's too similar so I'm just going to put a +1 on the poll just for that. Anyways, have a great day!

Posted Oct 8, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. It would be so useful if something like this was implemented. It would be a small QoL improvement but sometimes those are what really make the difference. I'm not sure how needed it would be because currently it's not a major issue and can be avoided by adding a period after "gg" and then alternating between a "gg" that doesn't have one. I don't think that exceptions should be made in the filter so you could say "gg" as many times as you want without it being blocked because this could be abused in lobbies and such to flood the chat. Overall, I wouldn't mind seeing something like this added so it's a +1 from me for now.

Posted Oct 8, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. Holaaaa

I think this idea is something small that can be added. I think that this idea will indeed help with spam and stop some chat problems. As stated above this might be tedious for people who don’t really talk. I know they’re are a lot of players in the community who don’t really say anything other than “gg”.

Overall I think that this idea, although small will have a positive affect with chat. I think if this was to be tweaked a little more It can really help problems with spam in lobbies. All in all I really like this idea!

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  10. I pretty much agree to this. It's a good concept but I think it's not nessicarily needed as the repeat filter can be bypassed. If people only gg, they could try another way to spell it or type something before it

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  11. Hey!

I think that this is a good idea! It wouldn't make any spam at all, because even though you try to spam, you can only post it one time on every server, and it's also annoying as you say, that you can't type "gg" on different servers.

Nice suggestion, and I hope that this will be added! +1!

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  12. hey!

This has actually been suggested in the past quite a bit ago and denied; however, I think with a few tweaks it could be put in place and turn out very well. Overall, without any changes, it makes sense for this to be denied, as spam could be a huge problem. Players could simply just say "gg" several times and annoy many players around them instead of the spam filter we currently have catching it. However, if it was changed to allow players to say something like "gg" after each game, going through a different filter to make sure that it is only something like "gg" being said, then I think it could work out since spam would not be an option, as it would only allow it after each game.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  13. The idea of having the spam filter reset after 15 seconds was suggested and approved a while ago. So if that gets implemented, I don't really see a need for this to be added as well as someone will probably stay alive for at least 15 seconds.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    nolawn likes this.
  14. I just tested it in-game and my message was still blocked so this QoL tweak is necessary.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2019
  15. I just wanted to clarify this: If an idea is marked as accepted, it does not mean that it has been implemented at that moment, but it does mean that the feedback about it has been positive and will be considered next time an update of that kind is put in place. An idea marked “Implemented” will be seen in the server, but “Accepted” means that it is waiting for production.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.