• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6129 Players Online
  • 3239 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Reporting System

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Bobolobolob, May 17, 2020.

?

Should an attach photo/video evidence directly from your devices files be added?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2020.
  1. Yes - This makes reporting easier, and therefore more accurate reports will be sent in.

43.8%
  2. No - The system is fine; although it's not the best, it's worked for me thus far.

37.5%
  3. No - There are absolutely no problems with the reporting system.

18.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The reporting system is absolutely dreadful, I reported a guy for telling these kids to "kill yourselves" and it got rejected due to "lack of evidence" the problem is the only way I can attach a photo is by providing a url which I can't do. There are so many flaws to providing evidence, especially when I have the evidence and have no way of sending it to the moderators.
    This NEEDS fixing ASAP.

Posted May 17, 2020
    Starx280, Polar8, divve and 4 others like this.
  2. You can provide a URL by uploading your screenshot onto an image hosting website like imgur, flickr, etc. If you are on bedrock you can share your image from your gallery to your email address, then email it to yourself and open it on a PC. From there you can upload it to an image hosting website. You need proof like such as it stops people from just reporting any random player of saying something they may not actually have said. You can also PM mods on the forums any evidence you have, but many will most likely tell you to report it @mineplex.com/reports . If you really are struggling to know what is needed to make a valid report on a player there is actually a whole thread on it @https://xen.mineplex.com/report-guide/. Don't worry, reporting someone is confusing sometimes. :)

Posted May 17, 2020
    aaawesome and RainbowUnicornGM like this.
  3. I'd have to disagree with you here. The Reporting system is the way it is for a reason. We need players to provide evidence of the rule breakers for a good reason. If we didn't require evidence, we'd likely be punishing innocent players. We can't just take the word of someone without any actual proof. Reports require evidence so that innocent players aren't punished, and that's a perfectly good reason. To provide evidence, you can follow the steps in the Report Guide, found at www.mineplex.com/report-guide. You upload your evidence to an image sharing site such as Imgur, and put the link in the evidence section in a report. I highly disagree with you, as the Reporting system ensures that innocent players aren't punished, and that rule breakers are punished accordingly.

Posted May 17, 2020
    Nite0wl, chrvssy, WowTamman and 3 others like this.
  4. I don't own a PC

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2020
  5. I'm confused as to what you mean when you say it is "dreadful." If you did not provide a screenshot of this player saying this, we will not punish them, as we require evidence to ensure that this was not just made up. If your report is denied for this, it says in the message "no or limited evidence can be seen in this report," showing how we need sufficient evidence to hand out punishments when needed.

All players are required to send in evidence when reporting players if they want it to be excepted (except for inappropriate names, as those can just easily be looked up). It is not that the system is flawed, it is just that we give the benefit of the doubt and do not just punish players simply because someone said they did something; once again, we need proof of it happening.

I see that you have said you're not playing on a PC. If you're playing on a phone, you can screenshot it and then upload it to imgur.com using your phone. If you're using a switch, you can screenshot it and then have it upload to a website using a connected accounts in your switch settings. From there, grab the picture link and use it for reporting.

Posted May 17, 2020
  6. I'm playing on xbox, so I would have to screenshot, upload the image to DVR, download the image on my phone and then upload it to imgur or something. Because I KNEW that would take forever I took a photo with my phone as fast as I could but I forgot to provide my inventory within the image and that was the reason for my report being denied. So you see, I do have the evidence, but because of Mineplex's tight rules on what needs to be shown, the guy gets away with it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2020
  7. For some reports a screenshot won’t do, in fact if it’s hacking most need video proof, other things as in chat or inappropriate name can be done by screenshot.

Posted May 18, 2020
  8. I wish Mineplex had a tutorial which tells how to attach your photos to your replies and threads.

Posted May 18, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and Trebien like this.
  9. The system is a little strange.

I think the people who review the reports just follow the rules. There are indeed cases where video is not enough. I had proposed the statistics as proof. It clearly shows how much damage they have done to you and how many times. Naturally, my idea was rejected. That's why I stopped reporting players.

If they have such high requirements to fix it themselves.~

Posted May 18, 2020
    Bobolobolob likes this.
  10. I just uploaded a photo to Instagram and copied the link. Then I past it in my report

Posted May 18, 2020
    yulufi / Sean likes this.
  11. That's a big problem, especially when some people are unable to record footage that covers the entire screen. All my encounters with anticheat so far have been relatively positive however, and it's always seemed to pick up on flying or PVP hacks.
    So reporting hacking on bedrock isn't too big a deal for me to be fair.

OP OP
  12. Saying the system is dreadful is a bit of a stretch given the situation at hand. As others have mentioned, the staff members cannot punish someone off of word alone. You need to provide solid evidence to prove your case and to prove that this player did break the rules in whatever way. The reports guidelines is a good place to read to get a good idea of how to report a player effectively on our website. Although it does not go in depth with a tutorial as to how to get the screenshot, it is very specific with the requirements you must give for the player to be punished. If you're on Java, you can take a picture, usually with F2, and upload that image to imgur.com . However, as it seems you're not on the Java version, you can follow the steps Jacvb mentioned. I will not restate the same information here, as there really isn't much benefit to do so. I know you replied about how playing on xbox causes this system to be slow, but that doesn't make the system "dreadful" as it is very efficient and effective in all other areas of the server. Sure it may be frustrating, but these strict rules are in place to stop as many false punishments as possible. These rules are in place to insure the person being reported 100% broke the rules, and that there's no potential chance at them having been innocent in this situation. Sadly, an ineffective screenshot can be enough to make the report unusable. I'm sorry you feel so strongly about the strict rules and dreadful system used here to report people, but these rules are put in place for a reason, and has caused this report system to be very effective as of late.

Posted May 18, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  13. As you mentioned that the tutorials don't go into depth, may I suggest that the in the Mineplex Report guides, there be a video for mobile (Android and IOS), Xbox, PC and switch for how to take screenshots, as I know not everyone is fully aware, and how to upload them to imgur or other similar websites? This would undoubtedly improve the understanding of gathering evidence. Also, while filing a report, I recommend adding the screenshot requirements to the "evidence box" so the reporter is aware if they need more substantial evidence, as I was unaware their were guidelines to reporting until after I had reported someone with "insufficient evidence as the image was cropped".

Ps. Until these kind of changes are made I still am in strong belief that the Reporting Sytem is in fact Dreadful.

OP OP
  14. What do you play on? Xbox? PE? If so do you have a phone or anything? You can upload it to Imgur from there, but it might be a dreadful process.

Posted May 18, 2020
    Bobolobolob likes this.
  15. I think adding a tutorial for each of the four areas to the report's guidelines is a good idea. It wouldn't be too hard to do or too out of the way and would help a lot of people. This could also improve the success of reports, given these people have a place to better understand how to give sufficient evidence.

Posted May 18, 2020
    Trebien and Bobolobolob like this.
  16. I understand why the reporting system is the way it is. I used to have my queries about it but I later realised that it's necessary to be this thorough when enacting punishments as to not falsely accuse people.

imgbb
    https://imgur.com/
    ^ These are two good sites for getting a url of an image to put in your report forms and both should work on mobile and pc!

Posted May 18, 2020
    yulufi / Sean likes this.
  17. I'm almost certain this is the most mentioned website in this entire discussion. I feel like you haven't read up.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2020
  18. Yes, this is indeed the most commonly used application.

I think it is recommended because many people know this app. Personally, I do not use it. As they said, you can really use others.

I don't think it's necessary to use this. Just some need to be able to see the photo or video you want to upload in your report.~~

Posted May 19, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  19. Hey, I also have some struggles with this, because they deny mine due to "Lack of Evidence" But I think Mineplex should change that rule. Depending on what their chatlogs say I think they should be getting muted for that.

Posted Jun 1, 2020
    Bobolobolob likes this.
  20. Posted Jun 1, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 1, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.