• 881 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8202 Players Online
  • 7321 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Reporting in game

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by CursedPvPYT, Feb 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big idea!!! I know this is a big ask and probably will take a really long time if it even happens. My idea is if a player sees someone hacking they could do a command like /report <harkers name>. Then if their Minecraft account was connected to the Mineplex discord a video of the suspect playing would go on a discord channel and the staff team could ban them from there. This is obviously just an idea you could probably think of something better. First, I was thinking all of this could happen in-game and staff could look at the game from there (kind of like the way Hypixel does it with Atlas) Just please take this into consideration. I would really like to see in-game reporting on MIneplex Bedrock!
    Thanks

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    RiceKrisper124 and yvuggu like this.
  2. Well it's planned. I think it would be near the middle if it was put on a priority list. Although I would much rather have:

/report yvuggu bhopping

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  3. @yvuggu I was thinking it would be great if you could say what the hacker did however for people using a controller it would already be hard to just type out their name so I think it would be better if the staff determine what they did instead of the player.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 25, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  4. I would like something like this, but i dont want mineplex to copy hypixle on ANOTHER thing, they need their own system. The issue right now is, the anticheat does not get hackers correctly or at all, and to report you have to come here, and when im 1v2ing hackers while my teammate is guarding the cake, i cant exactly go get on my computer, go here and report them. And for anything to get done, they need video proof. I cant go get my phone and record them bhopping on my while the other is flying around spawning ghasts.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  5. If you /report them, the intention is that anticheat/mods come spectate/pay more attention to the proposed hacker.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  6. But to do that, the anticheat needs to function correctly or a mod needs to be on and not doing other things

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  7. @LegoNick1208 this system does not copy Hypixel I was just referencing their system for ideas almost every server has a variation of this idea I just like Hypixles the best.
    Thanks for your feedback! :)

OP OP
    yvuggu likes this.
  8. Yeah, i know it does not currently, i just want them to make their own ideas. If they made just one good, not laging, original game, the server would shoot up in popularity, and i think a lot of people want to see that.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  9. @LegoNick1208 that is why I had the idea that the game could be recorded and posted on a discord for the Staff to see it.

OP OP
    yvuggu likes this.
  10. True, that is a good idea, but what if they dont have discord, or are not linked, or are not in it? Not that i hack, but i dont have discord so if i did i would not be able to get caught easily. If someone cares enough about the game to hack, they would be fine with not having the discord.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  11. Hey!

One of our Bedrock developers, gyroninja, has confirmed that a /report command feature will be added in the future. This will be a straightforward method of informing the staff team of a rule-breaker in your lobby without having to gather evidence and report it through https://www.mineplex.com/reports. Instead, staff can head directly to where you are and check out the situation. It should make things much more efficient for Bedrock players, especially as it's more tedious finding ways to record evidence on some platforms and then going and uploading that to YouTube. Bedrock will also have more consistency with Java then as they'll both have a functioning /report feature.

The system you're describing whereby a video would be posted in the Discord channel is basically the same as the Discord reporting system we have already except with the addition of evidence. If you join the Mineplex Discord (discord.mineplex.com) you will notice a #report-players channel. Here you can type !report Bedrock <player> <reason> and Bedrock staff members who have chosen to be alerted with hacker notifications will receive one. So the only difference is that a video would be posted. I don't think this could be done automatically and I'm guessing you'd have to record it yourself, and at that point you'd have everything you need to go through the forum reporting system.

Personally I think reports with evidence are better suited to the forums where there is a working system involving the likes of macros and such that makes processing easier and more efficient. Also, punishing from evidence requires training - with your system, normal staff are doing what RP does except without the same training and onboarding they received. All in all, a /report feature is planned and will be implemented but Discord is better suited to simply alerting staff members, and the website is better suited for processing with evidence because there's a subteam made up of qualified staff who are trained in how to do that.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    CursedPvPYT, yvuggu and Kight like this.
  12. I like this idea, it’d be convenient to just type in chat to report someone. Trying to pull out my phone and report while also trying to stay alive can get annoying. I’m sure there is a reason it want added yet, but I’d love for the mods to look into it

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  13. It is not copying people don't care that an anti-cheat system is similar to a Java server's anti-cheat people only care when they straight up copy someone else's game.

OP OP
    yvuggu likes this.
  14. I beg to differ, a lot of people hate mineplex due to most of the games that are playable coming from other servers. But thats not what this thread is about, so can we drop that topic? all i said was i want them to make their own server and not copy hypixle, that is their job after all.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  15. I agree it's irrelevant because Mineplex are developing their own anticheat anyway and have been doing so for years, plus we would never be able to look far enough behind the scenes to make an assumption they're "copying" another server's. However, the OP does have a point. If hacking is an issue on your server and you develop an anticheat system that efficiently rids the server of these hackers, this is enough of a win that players aren't really going to care where they got their inspiration from (and that's if they could even know).

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    CursedPvPYT, LegoNick1208 and yvuggu like this.
  16. Games repeat everywhere, Master Builders came on Mineplex first before Hypixel, Speed Builders I think was initially unique to Mineplex aswell, Dragons too, etc...Games will get copied over and over. But each server tries to have their own twist on things. You shouldn't blame servers for having the same games as one another as that's simply going to happen.
    /report is a feature on many servers, it's also currently on Java Mineplex since a good few years ago. The anti-cheat is a big work in progress as there is a miniscule amount of developers on Bedrock Mineplex right now, but it is a high priority. Unfortunately there is also a lack of Bedrock staff, around 1 staff member for 900 players at any given time, but hopefully that improves.

Another way you can report hackers is by reporting them on the Mineplex Discord. This is just an alternative way if you can't get a hold of anyone on the server and don't have the equipment or the want to record.

+1 on OPs thread

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    Fusafez and yvuggu like this.
  17. Hey! As @yvuggu and @WowCaleb have stated above, one of our developers, Gyroninja has already confirmed a /report feature for bedrock. The command will probably work along the lines of /report (player) (reason). The system that you have described is already a feature in the Mineplex discord, and wouldn't really work in game. The /report feature that will be added, like I stated previously will just simply be players typing in a command, and then the reports will be seen by staff and if the players are online, the staff members will observe the players in game and punish them accordingly if they are indeed hacking. It's definitely a feature I'm looking forward to seeing added. With all that being said, this thread has now been marked as Processed. Thanks for suggesting it and have a great day!

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    Entidys_craft, WowCaleb and Amg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.