• 1182 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5701 Players Online
  • 4519 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Reporting in-game?

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by sckelodon, May 5, 2020.

Tags:
?

Do you agree

1. Lol nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It’s a good idea

21 vote(s)
    84.0%
  3. It’s ok

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. This server has a huge hacker problem. It’s so easy to find a hacker (that’s not just an invis). There was a jump boost hacker that was trying to kill me, but since I have my sensitivity at 100, I was able to track his movements. There was also a creative mode hacker that was on my team. He got kicked tho. Just right after he ate everybody’s cakes and one shot them all. Except one. That’s just to name a few situations with hackers involved. Which is why I’ve come to propose an idea. Being able to report iN gAmE. Now, I know what you’re thinking, “So many people have thought of this idea already. STOOPEDDD.” Well, I’m here to tell you my idea how. So, there should be an item in the player’s Hotbar that lets them report (maybe a f&s). And then they type the hacker’s name. It will send a message to any mod online. Then the mod will watch them to see if they are actually hacking. If so, ban em. The reason I suggested this is because, so many hackers get away with hacking on bedrock, because, 1. It’s super easy. 2. A lot of people either a. Don’t feel like reporting hackers. b. Don’t care. c. Are confused as to how to. or d. Are Xbox players, and can’t be bothered with figuring out how to report them. I just think this way would stop the hacker problem. Or at least decrease the amount

Posted May 5, 2020
    DaPBillk, i0nblink, BasicT and 5 others like this.
  2. Hi,

I really like this idea a lot, but we have to make something clear first.

The invis skins is a bug and will be fixed
    Creative mode hackers are referred to as “toolbox hackers.

I think that the report system could contact the mods and admins to watch them and get them blacklisted from mineplex (or an IP ban)

That’s just my personal opinion on how it could be.

Bye!

Posted May 5, 2020
  3. For your "item in the Hotbar" is it an item that is going to be in your Hotbar while in the lobby or in the match because both probably wont work because if your in the lobby, the hacker probably hasn't opened his/her hacker client yet but while in-game, the item will probably get in your way will in the Hotbar.

But that's just my opinion and my opinion doesn't matter but this really is a good idea if Mineplex could find a way to report people in-game if it doesn't get in your way.

I've had incidents in the past involving hackers and looking at this made me think that this is a great idea except the Hotbar item getting in your way.

Although Mineplex could add a /report (hacker's username) command that could solve this.

Posted May 5, 2020
    510bike likes this.
  4. Thread Moved to Bedrock Ideas
    I agree, it would be nice to have a way to get in contact with bedrock staff in-game. I think your system sounds like a nice idea. My primary concern though, is that there isn't a lot of Bedrock staff members. Given the number of available Bedrock staff compared to how many reports would probably be sent in, I think the report list could end up being backed up very easily, which would be tough on our moderation staff, and on the player reporting because it wouldn't do any good if they never got a response.

That being said though, I still think there needs to be a way to report players in-game. Unless there's a staff member in your lobby, really the only way to report players is via forum reports. Which I can understand is inconvenient for some people.
    I do agree with what @mrpiggy220 suggested. it would be nice to make it a command because if it's an item in your hotbar, like said above, it could interfere with gameplay.

Posted May 5, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  5. I definitely agree. There should be some system to report a hacker whether if it's not a guaranteed response it would still be great to have it. "/modcall" or something like that to call for a moderator to join your game. Maybe like "/modcall (reason)" and then all moderators get notified of the reason of call. I also play on Xbox sometimes, this is a very big problem.

Posted May 5, 2020
  6. You can do /report name reason, as long as you have a rank.

Posted May 5, 2020
  7. As a staff member, I think that this a great idea, having other players report cheaters while you aren't there would benefit not only the playerbase, but the efficiency of the moderation staff. Along with that, I'd like to add on to this suggestion on what I think would help make it better.

Lets make a plot. Player1 finds Player2 Fly Hacking in Skywars-10. Using the /report command would not only send a message to the staff members playing on any Skywars server (e.g. Skywars-11, Skywars-12, Skywars-14), but to every single staff member online. This command would have to be serverwide, reaching out to those who aren't even in the game of which the player reported in.

Now, there would be disadvantages to this command (too many reports at once, spam reports, people reporting those who aren't hacking, etc.), but there's a solution to them.

1. Spam Prevention: Lets be honest here, the odds of you being in a game of 2+ cheaters aren't so big, so implementing a timer of 2 minutes before you could submit another report would be nice.
    2. Named Reports: We get it, sometimes people look suspicious when playing a game and you feel like things aren't right, so you submit a report. The reason why there should be a name on each report is to see if people are actually reporting cheaters, or just hackusating every person they see.
    3. On/Off Option: This server is popular, as in thousands of players popular, so with that many people, you're bad to have someone do something against the rules. And with a playerbase so large, there's ought to be quite a bit of them. Adding a toggle on and off option would save staff members the stress we receive from seeing walls if reports coming in at once.
    4. A Reports GUI: This would be an item (or a chat command for ingame) that when used, a GUI pops up listing a text box for those who want to type in the player name, a drop down box for all the players listed in the lobby or game, another drop down box below that for possible reporting offenses, and a button under that saying "Submit". This way, players over all platforms should be able to report quickly and efficiently.

None of the above suggestions have to be considered, hence the name "suggestion". But some of them (in my opinion, all of them lol) should be added on to this grand idea because it benefits one or both sides.

At the end of the day, this idea is great, and nothing but that. Adding on to this idea would also be great, but a very basic report command is essentially fine by itself. +1

Posted May 5, 2020
    WowCaleb and 510bike like this.
  8. That's for Java, Bedrock doesn't have a command all together.

Posted May 5, 2020
  9. When I said an item in your Hotbar, I did mean in the lobby. If you lose because of a hacker, you can go to the lobby, report them, and then go back to playing the game

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 6, 2020
  10. I do agree with all of these ideas. It would make a great addition to the idea at hand. It’s nice to see that mods agree with my idea. This is one of my favorite servers to play on, and this way there will be a lot less hackers

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 6, 2020
  11. As a Bedrock staff member, I would have to strongly agree with this. Unfortunately there isn’t an abundance of Bedrock staff members, so given that, I would suggest that the message were sent out to any staff member online and not just moderators. I also believe that if there aren’t any staff members online, then the report should be saved for 24 or 48 hours until it is reviewed. @dqrkmqtter had some very good suggestions to add to this report feature. A spam prevention system would work greatly, as unfortunately, there will probably be some spam and troll reports. Which is why named reports would be essential, so we could monitor the troll/spam reports that we receive; I think there should be some sort of blacklist for using this command, as troll/spam reports would be frustrating to deal with. As for the on/of feature, I don’t really oppose to this feature. However, with the limited number of Bedrock staff members that there are, I think that everyone should be able to deal with the hackers that are being reported. Let’s say there’s only one staff member online, and that person has their reports turned off. Multiple hackers are reported, but are yet to be dealt with until another staff member who has reports turned on logs in. So in these cases, I don’t think an on/off feature would work. Now, as for the report GUI, I can definitely see this being of aid to players, as some people may not be aware of a new command, but they will most definitely be aware of a new item in their hotbar. I could see this system playing a huge role in the Bedrock server, as I feel it would remove a large amount of hackers. +1

Posted May 6, 2020,
    Last edited May 6, 2020
    sckelodon, dqrkmqtter and BasicT like this.
  12. The staff would never agree to this. Here’s why:

1. the staff want to do the least amount of work possible to get stuff done. Don’t believe me? Look at how long invis people lasted before getting patched, and the last “major” update to bedrock was updating and patching mob arena. And that was way back. Also, I have never seen a staff in-game when I’m playing on mineplex, not even on java. The only people close to staff that I’ve seem were on java yesterday, where one trainee was just talking about stuff in lobby 1

2. I’ve already suggested this, but the staff believed in the same things they said above, which aren’t legitimate reasons because:
    -other servers have done this in game reporting, even on bedrock. They aren’t as effective as the ones on java but they’re much more efficient than recording someone and posting it on the forums
    -other servers have an actual anticheat, so instead of getting sent to a staff member the anticheat temporarily ramps up against that one person (watchdog is the best example of this, but it’s also used on other servers)
    -some servers that do use the “send report to staff” way have a manageable amount of player to staff ratio, so the staff can effectively manage the server, unlike mineplex, where the comparatively incompetent staff members and the lack of staff members bottleneck this idea. Hence why I say that the staff would hate for this idea to get in. And by comparatively incompetent, I compare that to other servers such as nether games or versai where the staff actually look at reports (these servers are bedrock btw) and also Tapple (java) where there is both an anticheat and staff members. On tapple, you can just “/w” a staff member and THEY ACTUALLY STOP WHAT THEYRE DOING AND INVESTIGATE the culprit. Similarly on Tapple UHC, the staff members are always present and they even catch people who xray, something I can’t expect from mineplex staff.

Posted May 14, 2020
  13. First of all invisible people are not hackers, also please be clear.

Posted May 31, 2020 at 7:57 PM
  14. I must say that instead of having an ingame reporting system, Mineplex should have an ingame reporting system in the discord. It would be very conviennent as you can just go on the server, provide evidence and such. Having an ingame reporting system may be abused in my opinion. For example, reporting every single player. It would just waste staffs time. Where as in a discord reporting system, you can provide video evidence as well.

Posted May 31, 2020 at 8:08 PM
  15. You are limited to a certain amount of reports pending at a time so people can't abuse to heck out of it

Posted May 31, 2020 at 9:11 PM
  16. I think this is something that definitely should be added due to a couple reasons and how it would impact the Bedrock community. I do think the feature would have to have some type of restriction method whether that be only users with ranks can have access to the feature to make sure it does not create spam or overflow or other measures said above. I believe some sort of report method would be more so needed on Bedrock then Java because of the player base. For example, PC users have it much easier then console users or mobile users because of their access to recording software in order to submit a report @ mineplex.com/report while mobile users or console users have to go through much more of a hassle to do this. With there not being many staff members on Bedrock compared to the amount of players, a report feature would definitely help out staff with finding hackers or rule breakers. Again, as long as measures were added in order to control the flow of reports and not cause spam, this would be very useful to not only the staff team but also the community.

Posted May 31, 2020 at 11:04 PM
    MoonLight 9826 likes this.