• 422 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8860 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned /report or /mod: New commands?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ChrissyTheFish, Aug 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I've gotten mixed answers on this: some say that /report is for staff only, and others say you only need a rank to report someone in-game. But I was thinking: why not open this command to the general public? I've rarely seen a mod/trainee in my lobby/game, so I think this would be a great way to contact them. For example, the command could be used as such:
    /report [name] [reason]
    A notification will then be sent to select online mods/trainees. I feel like this would make players feel safer as they can go to the mods themselves rather than waiting for the mods to come to them.
    An alternative to this idea would be typing /mod and requesting a staff member teleport to your lobby. This way, the staff could assess the situation firsthand.
    Let me know what you guys think of these ideas?
    (By the way, this idea crossed my mind after a struggle trying to report a player for major trolling in one of my games. They were saying super hurtful things to people and it really frustrated me!)

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  2. Your frustration from the player trolling you probably influenced your thought process/reasoning on this post. There is a couple reasons why this isn't going to work(past ideas suggested similar things). First, the staff would be spammed ~ there is already a backlog with the system as it is and adding like 100X more would be devastating. Second, Staff are likely doing work elsewhere. They might get a bit annoyed at the constant spam or they might currently be in the process of catching a hacker or something. They might also just be trying to relax. If it was Rank-Specific that's also a perk of having a rank, it promotes the rank at having a "useful" feature, otherwise if all ranks were similar or there were no real perks of ranks, sales would go way down and they would be useless.

Overall, just take evidence and report them here on the forums at https://www.mineplex.com/reports
    You usually get a response in a day or so, it makes it easier on the staff team and just a simple, easy format to follow.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  3. Hi! /report is infact already a thing, but like how others have told you it's only for ranks, I believe it's hero+, I'm not to sure. The problem with this is that then current /report command is already a lot. With what you suggested it would quickly overwhelm the staff members because they can't take care of every hacker and situation at the same time. From my understanding from what I've seen mineplex won't likely make /report public anytime soon. the best advice is to report them by clicking/tapping support at the top of your screen, clicking support hub then going to reports!

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  4. Yeah, you're definitely right about the whole spam thing. I guess the best thing about this idea would be that you don't have to really submit evidence if a trainee or mod could come see it for themselves. Do you have to submit evidence even for chat-related reports on the forums? Or can moderators look up the chatlogs of the players?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2019
  5. /report is for Hero+. Staff can directly punish players so there is no way for only them to be able to use it, or else it would just be plain useless.

Opening this command to everyone increases the possibility of it being abused to troll staff. Those who break rules are usually rankless, hence cheaters continuously coming back on alts. It is just too risky to let everyone use it as players with ranks have proven to be more trustworthy than most that do not.

/mod works the exact same as /report currently.

You may want to consider buying Hero or any higher rank if this persists to be a problem. If not, you can report them in StaffRequest, which is an in-game community or forum report.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    ChrissyTheFish likes this.
  6. I don’t think this is necessary. First of all, there is another way to contact staff by requesting help in the community StaffRequest. There, we can moderate the chat as well by kicking or banning players from the community as appropriate. I believe that is a better alternative than a system to contact staff without any moderation.

In addition, as mentioned above there are other ways to contact staff, such as creating a report on mineplex.com/reports or using /report for Hero+. As these options as well as StaffRequest are available, I do not see a need for this feature.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  7. Yeah, definitely take a screenshot of chat offenses and report them all the same. This informs the staff members and helps the issue get noticed and taken care of.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  8. Hey there!

I totally understand your frustration when hackers ruin your game but /report is actually already a command, available to users with the rank Hero+. I believe it is planned to be released to everyone eventually, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. There are already an incredible volume of reports created every day and releasing it to everyone will only increase that amount. The 3 millionth report will be created soon since the introduction of the command, which just shows how many reports are made. Also, whenever I handle in-game reports, it's not uncommon to see 4+ players report the same person. Chances are that the player you are wanting to report has already been reported. If you are interested in donating to unlock /report Hero is on sale for only $3.99.

There are alternatives to /report that I would encourage you to take advantage of, however. If you haven't already, I would recommend joining the StaffRequest community. This is a community with the majority of Mineplex's staff team, and requesting help in here will almost always get our attention. Of course, we may be offline or busy but it never hurts to use it. To join simply do /com request StaffRequest and wait to be approved by a staff member. Once you're approved, use /com chat StaffRequest and then use an exclamation mark ("!") before your message to broadcast in the community chat. You can also report on the forums if you have evidence of someone breaking the rules. I would recommend reading the Report Guide beforehand to avoid making any mistakes in your report which could get it denied. StaffRequest is very efficient but doesn't guarantee a response, while forum reports will always be handled.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  9. Yeah, definitely. Maybe a way to avoid spam would just be for the server to send players a link when to the forums when they hit /report informing them where they can report offenses. But you make very valid points. Thanks for your feedback!
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks for your response! I will definitely join the StaffRequest community. Just wondering -- are there any circumstances in which reports are handled without using evidence. Like, can mods search chat logs of players in order to process a report? I'm just asking since (in my experience at least) Minecraft only lets you scroll up in the chat so far, and it's quite frustrating when evidence is lost because of this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2019
    Sunny / Slash likes this.
  10. The only reporting method that can save chat logs is /report (when players click "Chat Abuse" as the reason) or the in-game /chatsnap command. Both commands are exclusive to Hero+. As for forum reports, the only offense that doesn't require evidence is inappropriate names since we can check if that player actually exists and logged into Mineplex. However, inappropriate names are reported to members of the rules committee and are not handled by all staff. If you are interested, there are some mods which allow you to scroll up further in chat - Labymod is one that I know of but you may have to do some searching. If you see something that you think might be against the rules, screenshotting it right when it happens will make sure you don't lose it.

Posted Aug 6, 2019
  11. We will not be opening /report to the public soon, and if we ever do, it will be on our accord. We might be looking into letting it be ultra+, but for now it will stay hero+ so our report system doesn't get overwhelmed.

I'll be locking this as the idea has been denied many times. I do recommend doing all the things Glamorized has told you above. You're also free to message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    Sakeusi and Glamourized like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.