• 1269 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3353 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion "/report" on bedrock and give rewards for reporting

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by akeyfortyseven, Aug 29, 2019.

?

/report or hackers be hacking

1. add /report before all cakewars lobbies are filled with lava

63.6%
  2. no, hackers should have longer times to play because a report has to go to yt then be sent to mp

36.4%
  1. This is something that I personally think would allow people to report hackers easily. By adding the "/report" command to bedrock (and every 5 minutes or so a message in the chat promotes this) more people would have access to reporting players, seen as some devices cant handle recording videos. Bedrock usually has triple or even quadruple the amount of players than java, so i feel that a lot more focus should be shifted to bedrock. This idea has been implemented on many other servers, and on some servers you can yell in the chat "omg mods tp theres a (put hacker description here ex: bhopper, fly hacker, etc) here". the idea of rewarding players would really increase the amount of people reporting others, but in my opinion isnt really necessary to the idea of "/report". My idea for /report would be that it would send a message to all mods on the server that ______ is hacking or alert the anticheat and make it more aware of a players(s) actions. i know that my solution to how "/report" is very basic but i feel that it should be implemented in some way and that it is a necessary change to the bedrock server.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    VotedCell, Yato and NothinButNetYT like this.
  2. I agree with some part of your idea, i'll start with the part where i agree, basically having the /report, we used to have a /tell or /msg, but it was removed and apperantly microsoft denied the idea of having private messages. I will disagree with the idea of having /report send a message to all the active staff members because you only need 1 staff member to ban a user, so several staff may join. Another thing is that this may be abused and users may report users who aren't hacking, and/or just to troll especially if they have rewards involved. Another problem is that there isn't always a mod online and if they are they may be doing something else and can't assist you. I think that /report should just alert one mod who is available at a time, so they'l join your game to ban the user.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  3. While it is possible for this to be added, the bedrock team is so small, there's maybe 20 staff members on bedrock if not less, most of the time staff aren't online making this almost useless, while yes I think this would be amazing, mineplex would have to hire a lot more bedrock staff. Another thing I have to add is there is over 7,000 players on mineplex a day, the /report command wouldn't be just for everyone, but people with ranks. Bedrock edition doesn't have as many people with ranks compared to java. Meaning this command would either be useless or to overused that it would overwhelm staff. This is a great idea, but I have to go with -1.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    florence and Yato like this.
  4. like i said, my idea of how it would work isnt the greatest, but it should be there nonetheless. i feel that punishing users who abuse the /report command because of the wonky kb or simple lag would be fair. not to criticize the mineplex staff, but i feel that so much more staff should be focused on bedrock, as it regularly has 3x or even 4x more players than java, and since its easier to hack bedrock there seems to be 5x as many hackers on bedrock. the idea of limiting the /report command to only people with ranks makes it so that in order to have a fair playing experience you need to spend money, something some people would rather not do.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 29, 2019
  5. I like the idea, but there is a major bug. If the anti-cheat checks more thoroughly that means it will kick probably for suspicious movement. This would be annoying for those who have the fast bridging skill or those who know special combat movements ie strafing.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  6. The anti
    -cheat doesn't function very well, it only kicks players who are fly hacking thats all it really does, so fast bridging skilled players should be fine.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  7. While reporting is good, that doesn’t mean you spam it. If you report someone, it is because they are breaking the rules. Whilst I don’t think this should be added, people could easily abuse this by getting an alt, and just reporting it several times, and easily get stacked up on rewards. Unless of course the rewards are not a handful, or anything rare. I would agree with just a /report system, as rewards are not at all necessary.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  8. as i said, the rewards system isnt necessary, but the general "we need /report" should be there.
    --- Post updated ---
    the poll (as of when i type this) shows that half of the people who have voted say yes and half have said no.
    yes points:
    1. be able to report people easily
    2. make reporting available to those with lower end devices
    3. combat the growing number of hackers on a growing bedrock community

no points (that i have seen)
    1. people could abuse this ability and spam report a player who may/may not be hacking
    2. people could get alt accounts to get more reports to get a player banned
    3. alerting the anticheat of a potential hacker could cause it to false ban other players

I believe all the points that have been made are good points and it is most likely my fault that there is confusion over how i believe it should be implemented. i believe it should be implemented to where:
    1. a player will report a person using /report
    2. one admin/the anticheat would be informed of a player doing something suspicious
    3. the anticheat/the admin could observe the reported user and take action:
    -if the player is indeed hacking, they would get kicked by the anticheat and then an admin could oversee the punishment and wether or not a player is banned
    -if the player is indeed hacking and the admin catches them, the admin would ban the player equivalent to the punishment
    -if the player is NOT hacking, the person who reported would be issued a verbal warning, and would then get punished if there are more false reports (verbal warning -> mute -> longer mute -> ban is what i think should happen)

*The idea of giving players a reward for reporting is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, and i only said it to promote the idea that players can report other players and be rewarded for it, thus giving them further incentives to use /report for blatant hackers. A reward system is not needed for this to be implemented.*

I also understand that the mineplex employees are more focused on the java platform as (as far as i can see) there are more "pro" players there and there seems to be more people who are willing to purchase ranks and stuff from the mineplex store, compared to the amount of people willing to buy stuff from the bedrock port. However, as i type this, there are almost 3.5x as many players on bedrock than on java, and those are figures that cannot be ignored. i feel like if the bedrock port was more polished and got more tender lovin' care, it might see more figures than java. Java is already almost the best it can be, so there is less risk to buy a rank on java, but if more changes and adaptations are made to the bedrock port such as (but not limited to) fixing knockback, applying more community suggestions, and (most important to me) improving the mineplex bedrock anticheat. the fact that the anticheat relies on a limited amount of player actions such as wether or not they are floating, seeing if they pick up an absurd amount of items, and moving across the map at unimaginable speeds can help, but it will be easier to fix the mineplex hacker crisis (im coining that to be a thing as of right now) when individual players who want to stand up for themselves and make the server they love so much be a better place can report a hacker without spending time having to upload a clip to youtube, send it over to the report page, and wait for an admin to oversee the report gives the hacker(s) plenty of time to ruin others' experience. Why would people buy a rank if there are so many hackers running around? im not a businessman of any kind, but i would rather put my apples where i know they arent going to be wasted.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 29, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 29, 2019
  9. Why warn someone that has proven themselves to not actually be a hacker?

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  10. let me fix that real quick :)

edit: ok fixed it. i meant for it to say that the reporter would be punished

OP OP
  11. I think that they should add the /report command to knight rank or higher

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  12. theres not always going to be a knight or higher in every game, defeating the purpose that anyone can do it (anyone with good intent)

OP OP
  13. In a way,it does seem like a good idea but I feel like some players would just think of it as a fun little game and spam the command.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  14. That’s why I suggested a punishment system for those who abuse it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 31, 2019
  15. I think using the forums is pretty simple itself so i dont see much of a reason to add /report. Including the possible spam reports it just doesnt work imo. Punishing players for reporting people who arent hacking or something seems stupid tbh. Im literally bad at the game and i get hackusated. Lag and ping are problems to consider so trying to report someone for reach could get someone punished because people dont even get banned for reach unless its like 10 blocks lol

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  16. This is a tough suggestion considering our /report feature on the Java server is still a work in progress. With it still only being available to those with ranks on Java, I feel it would have to be the same on Bedrock, especially because there are a lot less staff members to deal with so many reports. As you've already mentioned, there are more players that are frequently on our Bedrock server than Java. If the Java team can't process as many reports as we receive there, there's no way Bedrock staff members could with more players and less staff members.

Additionally, having the report sent to all of the staff members online is also not ideal with so many players. There would likely be a near constant stream of messages from reports making it harder for staff members to moderate general chat. We just have a community too large to handle so many reports openly and I think it would be better for a /report system on Bedrock to run like our Java server does. When staff members want to help with reports, they can open them, but they won't be spammed with reports when they are just trying to play games or help in a lobby.

I do think a /report command would be beneficial though if left to ranked players. It would be another incentive to buy the rank and would reduce some of the reports that would be received. With no way to really contact staff members efficiently right now and the only way to report players is by doing so on the forums, something that not everyone can do, we need something to be able to allow users to report players in-game.

I do disagree that players should be rewarded for reporting players. The point of reporting someone is to make the community an overall better place, not to get rewards. If a player is ruining your game or experience on the server, the reward is that they are punished for their actions and will no longer bother you. I don't think there needs to be an incentive to report players because many players are likely to do it regardless. Sure, a reward is nice, but it's not what helping the community is about.

Also, after reading through the comments, I have to also disagree with punishing players that make reports for players not breaking the rules. There are plenty of times where we see players make mistakes when it comes to the rules and that's okay. We aren't going to punish them for mistakenly reporting someone. We'll investigate the player and just deny the report while encouraging our players to read up on our rules more. We don't expect everyone to know the rules incredibly well and we wouldn't want to punish those that just made an honest mistake. We can punish players who actually abuse it by using it swear at staff members or beg to be unmuted but not just thinking someone was breaking the rules when they weren't.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  17. I think there should be something in the chat that says "by playing on mineplex you agree to our TOS and understand them"

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 31, 2019
  18. They should also add more stuff to ranked players. This is how it should be:
    Knight: report command
    Lord/Lady: nick command and /fly not have to use morphs
    Duke/Dutches: Talk in chat colors

Posted Sep 2, 2019