• 1969 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1969 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Report Editing

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by mab8400, Nov 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I've come across a problem I frequently have that makes reporting a bit inconvenient. However the fault is mine since it's based on a mistake for reporting. Sometimes, I use a link to a different video or something completely different (but think its the right video). The solution is to add some sort of a small edit box below where you can mention that you put the wrong link (and put the new link in the edit box). Or you could just have the original report have the edited portion highlighted so staff know what was altered and replaced with. Either way, it would make it a lot faster to get reports looked at since we have to make an entire new report which will be looked at after that one. Not to mention that it can cause staff to falsely misinterpret the report as a "double report" (which is a form of reporting twice so that the player is punished twice for the same thing).

Adrenaline mentioned something important that I commonly do, which is miss-type a players name, which then staff who review it will tell me to spell it right next time. I think they are too busy to need to take extra time to type that out and it would be easier if I could just edit the name if possible. Also, I just got a report back in which the staff told me to add timestamps; in which case I wanted to edit them after I realized it was 5 minutes long.

Posted Nov 20, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 21, 2020
    Adrenaline and Anna ♡ like this.
  2. Hey! I definitely agree with this. I personally have made my share of mistakes when filling out report forms, especially when I was still really new to the server. I think that an edit system could benefit many players who accidentally made a mistake on their report, and want to change it so that they don’t have to fill out another one. Another way this could be achieved is that you can just reply to the report thread as if it were a normal forums post. You could just reply to the post to update something, of course only until a moderator reviews it and locks the thread. Great idea though!
    -Bob

Posted Nov 21, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.
  3. I agree with you on this. I myself have never had problems getting the correct evidence but i can see having that issue. or even making a different mistake with the evidence, or a typo that you might make with the player’s name in the report. I would definitely say this is an idea that they should take and use.

+1

Posted Nov 21, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.
  4. Seen via this thread.

We won't be adding the ability to edit reports. This will be marked as not planned and locked as we don't see it to be a thing in the future. You can message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Nov 21, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.