• 449 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8887 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Replace CTF

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by GengisKhanBr, Oct 2, 2019.

1. CTF is a really dead game nowadays, everytime I see it has with 0 players, I think it should be replaced by another minigame, more specifically, and OLD minigame. I was going to suggest UHC (since it is my favourite :P sorry to be annoying EmmaLie) but it could be another MG that is still popular, such as Castle Siege, UHC and even Skyfall, I thought Skyfall was an alternative for those who play in a different version. This is my suggestion though, it could be replaced by a new minigame too. Although I think bringing an old minigame back would not only bring variety to the current players, but would bring back most of the old ones.

Posted Oct 2, 2019
  2. They can't really swap out a dead game with an old one, mineplex's problem isn't that they can only hold so many games.

Posted Oct 2, 2019
    Thenorn likes this.
  3. I really didn't understand what you just said

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 2, 2019
  4. Not necessarily, I just think that CTF is there for nothing. And there are old removed games that still has popularization, such as UHC

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 2, 2019
  5. As said in the first reply, Mineplex does not have a limit on how many games they can host and therefore, a resurrection of an old game does not necessarily depend on whether other games stay or not, especially when they are not really relevant, like Capture The Flag here. Unfortunately, while removing CTF has been suggested before and is still in discussion, bringing an old game back is easier said than done. Making sure that problems that caused the game to be removed from the main selection in the past are solved is at times very hard or even impossible. With UHC in particular, there have been suggestions about turning it into an event kind of game, that appears when there are approximately the most players online and lasts for an hour (I believe the title of one particular thread is "Hourly UHC" or something like that).

I couldn't agree more that bringing an old game back would be nearly every veteran's dream, but we have to think rationally and consider Mineplex's development capabilities at the moment.

Posted Oct 2, 2019
  6. I didn't know that there wasn't a limit for hosted servers, but for me there is still no purpose on mantaining a dead server online. And in relation to UHC, what really caused its removal was its unpopularization, which was caused by the lag spikes (which I think there are solutions) and the amount of hackers (which for me doesn't make sense, Skywars also have a lot of hackers).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 2, 2019
  7. Mineplex has said many times they wouldn't be adding removed games back, removing CTF wouldn't change that.

Posted Oct 2, 2019