• 530 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3109 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion reomove rune of holding from cake wars shop if the players cake is gone

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by holyraine1, Jan 12, 2020.

1. rune of holding is absolutley useless if the player cant respawn therefor i think it should be removed from the shop if their cake gets eaten or if cake rot happens

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  2. As this doesn't sound like a bad idea, I honestly just think this takes too much effort with little result. If you get your cake eaten or cake rots just don't buy the rune of holding? If they were to add this they would have to specifically remove it from shops the moment you lose your cake. That sounds like too much work when this isn't necessary.

-1 isn't necessary in my opinion.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  3. i thought u cant buy it in rot

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  4. Thread Moved to Game Alterations

I don't really think it matters if the item is there or not; in the event a player attempts to purchase a Rune of Holding after their cake is eaten, they will receive a message saying that they will not be allowed to do so. The change would have practically have zero impact on the game and it would be a waste of time to completely remove runes from the emerald shop. There already is a system to prohibit players from purchasing the item, and removing it would make no difference.

That's true. The OP is suggesting that runes should be removed after Cake Rot, despite being unavailable for purchase after it happens.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  5. Hello!

In this idea you’ve discussed the point that the rune of holding is useless after losing your cake, although this is true I don’t think removing the option to buy it would be necessary. As stated above there is no need for the item to be removed after you’ve lost you cake because you can’t physically buy it anymore. All in all I’d have to disagree with this idea.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  6. I don't necessarily agree, simply because a good team can easily eliminate all of the teams well before cake rot. Also, even if Cake rot is current, this idea isn't necessarily that important, since it's too much effort for something that other people may think as very important. Overall I'll be giving this idea a -1 simply because it wouldn't be that effective.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  7. This would be an incredibly easily added quality of life change. Perhaps instead of removing the item from the shop completely when your cake has been eaten, it could be in some way greyed out and have it tell you when you hover over it "This item cannot be purchased as you cannot respawn" or something to that effect. This would prevent some confusion that players could have as to why that item has mysteriously disappeared from the shop but would still serve the same purpose of stopping people from wasting their emeralds on a useless item.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    Tilgorn and Im_Ken like this.
  8. Hey!
    Personally I don't really see an issue with it staying in the shop when the teams cake is gone because I'm pretty sure no one would buy one when their cake is gone to begin with along with there just isn't a big reason to change it. I don't think that there isn't anything negative about removing it I just don't feel like it's a necessary change/ a top priority to change at the moment due to lack of dev time. Overall I'm kind of neutral on this and I could go either way.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  9. I think that it’s fine to stay in the shop, but can we talk about how OP it is? It’s silly, how you can have full diamond and island bow and swords, and yet you can keep buying them until the cake rot? I think it should be a one-time, one-use item with +10 emeralds added to the price

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  10. Well, GI has said that they are going to make Runes unpurchaseable after Your Cake is eaten. Also, they said that they are looking into removing Runes from the player's inventory after there Cake is gone.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  11. Player skill issue if you buy one after your cake is gone. Plus they're fun to wear. Don't really agree.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  12. Hello there!

I don't see a reason for removing that item from the shop during Cake Rot. At Cake Rot, players are first and foremost not able to purchase it anymore, as @AceSJus said.

Also, the border shrinks in to the point where you can't even reach your shop villagers fairly soon after Cake Rot starts, so if it's the visuals that are bothering you with it still being there, then I don't believe it is worth the development time that would be taken to make this change because it isn't harming anything or anyone by staying, and you aren't near your villagers for that long in the first place after Cake Rot occurs.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  13. Hey gamer,

I don't really see the frustration behind having them in the shop after cake rot occurs. I mean, as others said above, it isn't purchasable. It's still there, you just can't buy it. And I don't see what is wrong with that really. It isn't interfering with gameplay in any way, and people only have one life left regardless since cake rot happened. I'm also going to bring up terms of development. I don't think it's even possible for something to be removed from the shop at a certain point in the game. The shops are loaded in when you get into the game, and I don't think they could be reloaded at cake rot. I might be wrong and it could be possible, but I highly think it just can't happen.

Regardless of if it's possible or not, there's no purpose for it.

Posted Jan 16, 2020