• 262 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1355 Players Online
  • 1093 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Renew Security Certificate?

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by DietSnowLOL, May 9, 2019.

1. Hey,
    So this message has been popping up when I attempt to visit Mineplex's website recently. I'm not exactly a noob when it comes to navigating the internet, so obviously I didn't proceed on my personal computer. Instead, I went onto my laptop and accessed the website. Obviously it was fine, the domain was the same,e everything. So here's the issue. This message will no doubt stop quite a few new people from joining the forums, so in my opinion, this should probably be fixed ASAP.
    https://imgur.com/a/J0EVezp

Posted May 9, 2019
  2. Interesting I didnt know about this, but it also said "this server could not prove that it is Mineplex.com" so that may mean you went on a different website? I'm not sure

Posted May 9, 2019
    DietSnowLOL likes this.
  3. Hm, wierd. Are you connected to your internet at home, and not a public internet? Does this happend in other laptops/computers?

Posted May 9, 2019
  4. After choosing to proceed onto the website, it was the actual Mineplex forums.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes, it's been happening on all of my devices, including my actual gaming pc, the aforementioned laptop, and my phone.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 9, 2019
  5. Hey!

The issue you have described is very weird, please could you provide some more information so that we can find the cause, primarily what search engine and application do you use (i.e. Google and Google Chrome (respectively))

I have moved your thread to the website feedback section as it is better suited there

Thread Moved

Posted May 9, 2019
    DietSnowLOL likes this.
  6. Yes, it's been happening on all of my devices, including my actual gaming pc, the aforementioned laptop, and my phone.
    For sure - I use the search engine Google on the web browser Vivaldi, I'll try this on other browsers/engines to see if this comes up again.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 9, 2019,
    Last edited May 10, 2019
  7. I recommend providing your browser version, operating system, and other relevant information so the developers can diagnose the problem easier.

Posted May 9, 2019
  8. Will look into and have this dealt with. Simply use our www. or xen. subdomain for now to avoid this error.

Posted May 9, 2019
    DietSnowLOL likes this.
  9. Sure - here's all that information:
    Browser version: Vivaldi v2.5 (Since Vivaldi doesn't have a mobile version, I use Chrome on my phone.)
    Search Engine: Google

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 10, 2019
  10. Some other ways this page can pop up instead is if you have certain restrictions on your computer (most likely an antivirus) that makes it incompatible with the server. There is also a possibility that the network you are using has blocked the website.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted May 10, 2019
  11. Check your time on your pc, update your browser. The SSL of Mineplex is managed by Cloudflare and I highly doubt that they ****ed up.

Posted May 12, 2019
  12. It looks like only www.mineplex.com and xen.mineplex.com are protected by Cloudflare, meaning they use Cloudflare managed SSL certificates. However, mineplex.com does not use this service, and instead has an outdated LetsEncrypt certificate.

Posted May 12, 2019
  13. Umm I'm not to for sure what this all about can somebody explain to me what's going on please

Posted May 12, 2019
    Kisme likes this.
  14. Heyo, @Terrarialocal95!

Things are always pretty complicated when it comes to things like this. However, I'll try my best to explain this properly. So, the SSL certificate is a small data file that binds a cryptographic key to the website's details. Simply: when installed on a web server, it activates the https protocol and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser. Many browsers let their users know if that certificate is outdated for whatever reason. That's why the OP has made this thread.

If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'd be glad to help you out! c:

Posted May 14, 2019
    Terrarialocal95 likes this.