• 509 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3088 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Removing dead games

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by IsWater, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remove mine strike bridges and champions?
    Champions always has 1-0 games running at all time, Bridges doesn’t have any players on for 8-24 hours and minestrike is dead and isn’t even a original game.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    GAM and mab8400 like this.
  2. Yeah I agree honestly. Bridges though I think could stay. Some games are not just unplayable due to their mechanics, but because they literally don't have anyone on to make a full lobby.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  3. Bridges requires a lot of people to start and Minestrike and Champions are quite niche games. It's understandable that they don't have many players for a lot of the day. I don't think that's a reason to remove them though. They have their own dedicated community, so if we remove their game, they'll just stop playing on Mineplex, which won't benefit anybody. I think it's fine for them to just stay there with their small playerbase. It's not as if they're getting updates so are taking dev time away from other places on the server, so I don't see the issue with keeping them.

A majority of the games on the server aren't original, either copied from other Minecraft servers or from other games. I wish people would understand that being copied =/= bad.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  4. I highly disagree with this idea, although I could sound a bit biased. Champions has been my favourite game to play on the server and I know that the community would definitely be annoyed if it were to go. On average, around 7-8pm UK time (around 2-3pm EST) I've noticed that there are at least 3 or 4 Champions Domination lobbies running, and I can only imagine that this would increase later, as peak player count times are entered (since the majority of our player base comes from the US). In addition to this, CTF has been somewhat revived, and we now get around 2 or 3 CTF games running on afternoons. I would have liked to see you specify which of the Champions games you would have liked to see be removed too. I know for a fact that Clans wouldn't be removed, because not only is the community large enough, but the work around it justifies having an entire senior moderator team.

I see that Bridges doesn't have as many players now as it used to, but I still think that it should remain on the server. Bridges also tends to have games become more frequent as the day progresses, especially with the majority of the player base coming from the US. Same thing with Minestrike, as games DO run, and if we were to remove these games, like Xukuwu stated, we risk losing the community that plays these games too.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    xGetRektedx, Dan1el and Xukuwu like this.
  5. Hello.

I disagree with this idea as well. Minestrike, Champions, and The Bridges are not "dead games" in my opinion. It depends on what timezone you're in, and I'm assuming that you're EU? I'm also EU and I understand that these games can look very dead and I understand where you are coming from, however, if you want a couple of hours until US players arrive, you'll see that these games are actually played. Many players love to play Champions and The Bridges, and it would be a huge disappointment for them if it got removed from the game.

Even though it's dead games, the solution is not to remove then, but to host events or tournaments to keep the games alive. And honestly, the games are not really that dead in my opinion. We can find other games that have fewer players overall than the three games you mentioned.

Overall I don't agree with this idea, and I think it's other solutions to make the game more alive than removing it all. I'll give this a -1

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  6. Like some of the others above me, I highly disagree with this idea. Although I don't play these games often, I still see many players online playing them whenever I'm online. I definitely don't think that removing any current games that have been staples on Mineplex for years is the solution to anything. Even though there may be less players that play these game modes than there used to be, each of these games still does have a loyal player base.

I don't think that we need to focus on removing any games right now. These game modes still being playable are doing no harm to the server, and I think that removing them would only make those that enjoy these game modes angry.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  7. Many people above are echoing the same opinions of what I have to say here. I completely disagree with removing these games.

They aren't any real cost to Mineplex as they are under a queuing system that controls server counts and they give people a chance to play. MineStrike has a large community and is played by people at certain times, I see games running quite a bit still and people are still able to play this game at slightly earlier hours sometimes. This means that removing it would just cause a backlash.

As with other games, Bridges and Champions and classic Mineplex games. Removing them removes the server's special characteristic of more retro games. I know plenty of people that play these games all the time and therefore I have to give this idea a negative rating.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  8. Add Back Gem hunters or og games

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  9. Personally, I disagree with this idea. There are still a lot of people who play bridges and Champions, and I continue to play these games. There is a community group on Mineplex that has many players in it, and they play Champions Domination and Capture the Flag. Removing these games would result in the player count to drop and would make the people upset.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  10. are you okay? bridges is one of the few active games and champions is an OG game with a good community. minestrike is also extremely active LOL. you must be from the moon or something where your timezone has 0 players. most of the time bridges has about 4 lobbies.. i honestly dont understand your claim at all... i can log on at 8am and there'll be a minestrike lobby (im EU).

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  11. LMFAO ur capping????? Bridges usually has like 100+ players on. And at times Minestrike and Champions can be pretty active.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  12. Hey.

Although these games do take a while to start and have low player counts, they are still games appreciated by different parts of the community and they do frequently have lobbies. Because of this, I see no reason to remove these games from the network especially considering they're the favorite games of many players. That being said, I'll be marking this thread as Not Planned.

Have a nice day!

Thread Locked > Not Planned

Posted Feb 9, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.