• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12399 Players Online
  • 9509 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Remove Warlock

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Kugzer, May 16, 2020.

?

Remove Warlock?

1. Yes

52.4%
  2. No

47.6%
  1. I worked so hard the past few days to get those last SG achievements only to be disappointed in this new kit. Reading the description and seeing nobody use it made me excited to unlock it, but after using it for a couple of games I just find it disappointing. I don't see how it's different from a knockback sword with one time use within a long recharge. Does anyone disagree with me? What do you think about warlock?

Posted May 16, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  2. I more or less agree. I still use it from time to time because I like the small regen effect it gives after you fight people, but I think there are too many knockback/movement changing based kits and would have liked to see horse's replacement be a little more unique.

Posted May 16, 2020
  3. Hello!

I personally miss the Horseman kit as it was the perfect kit for SG just the problem is that it was too fast so it made it really overpowered. Then they changed it to a kit that hardly anyone likes. All the kit does is knock people back and gives you regen for a small amount of time. What makes it bad is the knockback and the particles that state they activated the kits ability. So I personally do think that this "Warlock" kit should be removed. But personally since they couldn't find the "right" achievement kit for SG I think they should sadly remove Achievement kits from SG till they are able to find one. I feel like no SG Achievement kits will make it feel more like a Survival Game. I barely see anybody using the kit anyways so it'll be perfect for it to be removed..

Posted May 16, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and Kugzer like this.
  4. I don’t think it has to be removed, but rather altered, it’s good they replaced horseman, the problem wasn’t killing them it was that invis bug imo. If they reduce the cool-down of warlock’s ability to something more reasonable and in the ball park of brawler, barbarian and knights ability but somewhat longer, say 15-20 seconds and add a slight passive then it’d be viable. Otherwise with the 35 second cool-down, people with brawler, barbarian and knight for example can use their abilities 3x on you whilst you will only be able to use yours once... lol. Good concept bad execution. Or as nick said, make it more unique, since horseman spawned something in for you, why not make something along the lines of a vampire kit where you right click to spawn in that bat swarm gadget from the lobby, carrying away enemies in the desired direction, dealing damage and granting you regen, maybe even re-add the regeneration for kill aspect as it’s passive that barbarian previously had. Just my thoughts, really hope they don’t leave warlock in the dust as it’s outclassed severely.

Posted May 16, 2020
    Kugzer likes this.
  5. Personally, I don't feel like it should be completely removed, but rather I think it should be altered in a way to make the kit more viable. As the kit stands, it is rarely used AND it is an achievement kit. I am not saying that achievement kits should be overpowered, but they should definitely have some sort of appeal to them so that it makes going for the achievements worth it. I would like to see Warlock reworked and implemented, but I am not sure if that is very high on Mineplex's "to-do" list.

Posted May 16, 2020
    Kugzer likes this.
  6. I think the horseman kit was pretty overpowered, but I also agree that there's too many knock back related kits. Got any ideas on something with no knock back relations?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2020
  7. Agreed. If they can't get it right, just don't do it at all. However, I would still want to see a new achievement kit sooner than later rather than staying at no achievement kit forever.

OP OP
  8. I really like your idea on the bat swarm kit, it would make so much more sense to replace it with something like that. I also agree on the fact that Warlock's recharge is so much longer than it should be, making any other kit more powerful. I think this is overlooked, the fact that something that isn't even that powerful has such a long recharge.

OP OP
  9. I wish it was on their to-do list, because it clearly wasn't thought out well at all. In my opinion, it should be completely removed until they can get it right.

OP OP
  10. Better than Horseman in terms of balance imo. Unless a horseman is playing poorly one day they would always win. They could get out of situations, you can't run from them, it was overall a pretty OP kit.

Posted May 19, 2020
    Kugzer likes this.