• 711 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6642 Players Online
  • 5931 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Remove Warlock (Please)

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Wuhan Rice Farmer, Jan 18, 2021.

?

Remove Warlock

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Yes Please

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes, Should have been done ages ago

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Yes, Its nice to have a game update/change every few years...

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Warlock kit is probably the worst kit ever made in the history of mineplex combat games. Please remove it.

Here are the reasons why:

-Repel is not an effective ability. Takes way too long to recharge/cooldown. Very inconsistent with how far it repels players when they hit you.

-Easily countered by almost all other SG kits. Blade vortex can easily negate repel by pulling the player that repelled you over with you. Ground pound easily knocks you in the air so that you can't use repel. Explosive arrows do the same thing as ground pound in fights. Necromancer makes it difficult to repel the entity you want specifically. Axe thrower keeps distance so getting the enemy to melee you for you to use repel is very challenging. Archer is the same story as axe thrower and for any bow spam in general. Hilt smash hurts and repelling the player allows them a chance to have hilt smash cool down before you can use repel again...

-No one wants to use this kit. It does not help in solo fights nor team fights. It has no practical use unless you want to try and knock players off of cliffs or into lava. But then again the consistency of how far you knock players is very random.

-Worst of all. It is an achievement kit. This is by far probably the most terrible kit on this server. Terrible kits shouldn't be achievement kits. Players want to be rewarded with a unique kit that actually does something instead of a dumb, poorly designed, ineffective kit that no one wants to use.

Here are some changes/improvements that can be made to Warlock:

-Remove it altogether. No one will care. Just aimlessly delete it like horseman. It is easy.

-Switch barbarian, bomber, and/or necromancer to be the achievement kit due to those kit's unique/OP abilities that people enjoy using during games.

-Add new abilities to help Warlock actually be a balanced kit. You could add some type of ranged ability that a Warlock can use to hit players after they repel them (fireball with reduced damage, magic potion, etc.) just something to go with the 'magic theme'. Maybe just maybe switch/add cleave from barbarian to warlock to make it more effective in team fights. Cleave is by far the most overpowered and slightly broken ability in SG that could definitely make warlock a more desirable kits for sweats to play.

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    BlazeFire, Fusafez and Chichiriviche like this.
  2. I know absolutely no changes come by posting on mineplex forums, but I thought I would humor you all with this thread.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 18, 2021
  3. Hi Wuhan Rice Farmer!
    Firstly, I would love for you to humor me with some rice freshly picked from the rice fields. I am hungry.
    Now, as for the post, I personally agree. It is QUITE disappointing to see such a useless and ineffective kit being placed as the achievement kit. It gives a false sense of achievement, as nobody wants such an awful kit to be the "ultimate" kit. In other words, most games have their fair share of "balanced" and yet powerful kit, but SG lacks in that area. I personally believe that we should just bring Horseman back, since if Mineplex has the energy to design a completely flawed kit, then they should actually... you know, FIX the bugs in their server?
    -KittyPvP

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    Wuhan Rice Farmer likes this.
  4. Hello Farmer!

Personally, rather than removing a kit, I think it's better if a rework/buff is made to the kit to make it more appealing so that other players use it. I used to believe that the design of the kit was horrible, but that isn't completely true. The design of Warlock was to be an absolutely defensive-based kit and it's evident that it does exactly that, though compared to the other kits it just doesn't come up to par. I've gone ahead myself to make Warlock the powerful and appealing achievement kit it's always meant to be, let me post my idea down below and please let me know what you think!

Warlock

- Introduce passive "Reflect".
    - Buff the "Repel" ability.

Reasoning: It's obvious how weak this kit performs compared to the other kits that exist within this minigame. An ability that's somewhat difficult to pull off shouldn't be this weak, especially with a cooldown of 30s so by buffing the ability and introducing a new passive, the kit will be able to fully serve its purpose as a defensive kit.

[NEW] Passive: Reflect

- Reflect incoming projectiles.
    - Reflected projectiles deal +100% damage.
    - 10s cooldown.

Ability: Repel

- Right-click your sword/axe to activate.
    - Your next melee attack within 5s will knock your target enemy and enemies within 3 blocks of the target enemy away by 7 blocks granting you Regeneration 2 for 4s.
    - 30s cooldown.

Side Notes:
    - Add a skill bar to let the player know how much time is left.
    - Have the cooldown start after the ability ends.
    - Reduce the dense white particles by 50% to reduce interference during gameplay.
    - Remove the mechanic where the longer Repel lasts the more knockback it'll inflict when used.

Conclusion: As an SG main let me tell you that Warlock actually does perform somewhat okay in Teams because it has an AoE (Area of Effect) skill (Repel) that will knock back anybody near the player you struck. It's good to note as well that the weapon you have influences the strength of your Repel ability. The more damage your weapon does the more knockback it deals as well, so having a diamond sword will deal much more knockback than a wooden one. Hope this helped!

Posted Jan 18, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 18, 2021
  5. helo sir i hav 3/4 rice portions for yuu. come down rice field very clos an i serv de fresh rice to yu. free rice foru

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 19, 2021
    Aaronn03 likes this.
  6. Hello!

As @Aaronn03 stated, I believe that reworking the kit or buffing the kit would be the best thing to do for the warlock kit. In my opinion, I believe this kit is actually pretty good when utilized correctly. If you are trying to escape from an enemy player or if you are trying to break a combo when fighting another player, this kit can be quite beneficial for your chances for survival. This increases your chances to win the game!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Posted Jan 22, 2021
    Aaronn03 likes this.
  7. So with the new achievement kit we turn into Genji from Overwatch? Neat

Posted Jan 22, 2021
    Aaronn03 likes this.
  8. The kit works but just barely but it's still pretty bad. And yes Warlock will most likely be buffed or reworked.

Posted Jan 22, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  9. I completely disagree with you. It seems that you likely did not even read my original post.
    WARLOCK IS NOT A PRACTICAL NOR EFFECTIVE KIT. While its abilities are strictly meant for defense, using it is very impractical. Getting it to work in your favor to help eliminate an enemy is very difficult and repel is buggy and doesn't work the majority of the time (hence no one plays the kit). All of the other kit abilities easily negate repel and counter warlock. Most importantly, the most played kit which is barbarian easily takes down warlock in a mater of seconds. If you are dumb enough to use repel against a barbarian, they can easily just blade vortex you with them (because they can see you charging repel cause of the extremely loud and large particle effect) and whip you towards them after you use repel. Not only that but cleave can also negates the ability to use repel because of the extra damage and KB effecting you and makes it a challenge to repel a specific player.

This kit either needs a 100% rework with different abilities that make sense, or to be deleted permanently.
    However with thee fact that combat games get updated every 3 years, we likely won't see much of a change until 2025.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 22, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  10. Aaron said it all. Why removing it when we can buff/rework it?

Posted Jan 22, 2021
    Aaronn03 likes this.
  11. I did read your original post, don't worry.

Just because Warlock is defensive doesn't make it "impractical" and just because it's not that "effective" doesn't make it a super terrible kit. Repel isn't even that difficult to use either, for me, against the average player, it's relatively easy to land Repel and against better opponents it only becomes a bit more difficult. Landing Repel is much easier to do when the player is attacking you vs you attacking them because it is after all a defensive kit.

Now now, saying that a Barbarian takes down a Warlock in a matter of seconds is such an incorrect statement. If you die in a matter of seconds, that was probably because your opponent was much better than you or they had much stronger gear.

Cleave is only an issue if you're near your ally. If you have good coordination and communication, fighting against Cleave won't necessarily be as bad as you think.

Lastly, Warlock doesn't necessarily need a complete rework. The ability Repel was created the way it was so that you couldn't use it offensively and if you tried to, it would be much more difficult to successfully do so. Like I said, Repel does have it's uses but half of the reasons you've mentioned so far seem to be player issues. Admittingly, due to the kit being as flawed as it is, only higher skilled players can really use this kit and hope to win games.

Hope this helped.

Posted Jan 22, 2021
    BlazeFire and Fusafez like this.
  12. Unlocking it is a monumental achievement in itself, at least for more casual players like me. Killing three players in the first minute is easy by picking off AFK players at the beginning. There are almost always a few and they go down in just a few hits no matter what cause of course they can't fight back. This can also put you well on your way to the Skeletal Army 5 skeletons with Necromancer kit equipped. I hope I'm not admitting to statboosting here. I'm sorry if that's what it was. I wasn't and wasn't trying to negatively impact anyone that's actually playing the game. They're either gonna die to me, die to someone else, or if they're somehow left alone, be kicked. They hardly ever return in time. And if I have to choose between those 3, I like the first one best. Get some levels for enchanting. No ill intent, just doing something that's usually doable every round. We good? Good. Now that that's out of the way, the others are somewhat tougher as there's no way of cheesing it (yes, it's cheap, don't know if it's against the rules or not, but I will admit it's cheap). Thirty wins takes time, patience, and demands skill. The supply drops one isn't bad, but it takes time and you need to make sure you don't go down early or before the beacon descends. And then there's light weight, by far the worst. Your only hope is to rely on the fact that a good offense is the best defense, ignoring armor entirely (duh) and focusing on getting the strongest sword and as many arrows for your bow as you can. Avoid confrontations unless absolutely necessary (and in always will be in the end), and let enemies weaken each other until one goes down, giving you a chance to swoop in and steal the glory. If you're gonna go to all that trouble to complete all those tasks, the reward should at least be worth it. I know nothing about Warlock, don't have it, only ever seen it once or twice as I rarely play SG nowadays but horseman was busted. Too hard to hit, too fast, there used to be a glitch to get towards mid by mounting your horse during the starting countdown, and it's even hard for the rider sometimes to strike while mounted, I know from Castle Siege and mob fighting in Survival. I never once survived an encounter with a horseman, outskilled, overpowered, and outmatched. The Achievement Kit should be worth your troubles, but it shouldn't be game breaking, especially for those that have no idea to counter it. I rest my case.

Posted Jan 22, 2021
  13. Was not replying to you. I was replying to Nuclear. Open up your eyes 0_0 ...

And no. Warlock does not work well against the average player. It is not practical to use in fights. Especially against sweats. You seem to have little to no real understanding of how poor the kit is in combat against players that know what they are doing, barbarians, sweats, and competitive lobbies. Since you think the kit is so effective, prove to all of us that you can win with the kit by recording yourself and your highlights with warlock to show how to utilize it and prove that it works properly and can stand up against barbarian in solo/teams. Yeah of course you can 'kill' a player with warlock. But I want to see you win in lobbies containing players with a decent range of skill level. I will wait. Doubt you will ever make that video cause you only have played warlock a handful of times and because you do not main the kit. the kit is broken and needs to be removed or 100% be reworked. Stop defending a server that does not update their games. Prove me wrong. (hint: you can't)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 22, 2021
  14. Okay, so here's my problem. Why could this have not been said about horseman? It had its bugs, so it couldn't have been "nerfed / reworked"?

Posted Jan 22, 2021
    Wuhan Rice Farmer likes this.
  15. You really want to bet lol?

Posted Jan 23, 2021
  16. It had a specific bug that couldn't be easily fixed and it was a major one as well

Posted Jan 23, 2021
  17. Yeah.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 23, 2021
  18. First, you know nothing about how hard or easy it is to fix something. You ain't a developer or game designer. You do not know the code. So stop acting like you know so much when in reality you know nothing just like the rest of the player base. Horseman was removed for the right reasons as it was not a kit that made sense to have in the game. It was a kit that allowed you to be faster than all the other players. Access parts of the maps where other people couldn't get to you. And it had bugs that were annoying. Any bug/glitch is fixable. It just takes a server wanting to fix it rather than deleting it and replacing the kit with something that is even more poorly thought up and designed. Warlock not being fixed since its release it a testament to how poorly designed the elements of mineplex games really are, and that updates are going to be extremely rare. Warlock is just like horseman in a sense but it is on the other end of the kit spectrum. It is broken in a sense that it does not make sense to use it when it is easily countered by other kits/players, and nobody wants to play it cause it is so bad. While horseman was a kit everyone wanted to use cause it was so overpowered and broken, warlock is underpowered and broken.

Aaron03, no one cares if you play warlock or if you like the kit or if you can win games with it. I can guarantee that only you and very few other players and mostly mods that have no actual sense of what they are talking about are backing this kit up in attempt to defend a dying server, broken game interface that is never updated, and a poor moderation system. The only reason you can likely (rarely) ever win games is cause you are a level 100 SG sweat. Not even a good one while we are on that note cause I see you not use warlock in games and you still lose to the other SG sweats that are obviously quite a bit better than yourself. You would not win multiple games within the same time frame you are playing just using this kit's abilities against other level 100's and sweats. I stand by that. You don't possess the actual skill to just rely on warlock to win. You just like many other sweats rely on natural pvp, cps, rod spam, and individual experience and skill to win. So stop declaring warlock as an effective kit when in reality no one likes to use the kit, skilled player or not, and everyone wants to see a change with it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 23, 2021
  19. Horseman was a buggy and unfair kit. Warlock is just a bad kit. The essence of Horseman is to have a horse and you would need to rework whole SG to make it fit. Warlock is much easier to work with.

Posted Jan 23, 2021