• 1291 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3870 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Remove this for eternals

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Gzen (away), Dec 14, 2019.

1. Hi.

This is really short but simple. Whenever I join a lobby it shows this notification --->

[​IMG]

I suggest we remove this notification for eternals+ as there isn't much of a point to it. Maybe if you guys would like they could make it so it could encourage them to buy PPC, and if they already have both then there is no notification.

From a marketing perspective, I can see why they think that in advertising this to people who have eternal would make it so their friends or alt would buy it, but it's also likely that those other accounts can see themselves that it is on sale. Mineplex could be making much more money if they advertised PPC or just the shop in general to the already eternals. Personally, I didn't even know at all what power play club was until about 3 months into really playing the server. If more people buy a power-play club subscription, they may just keep it, resulting in a more stable income for the server.

I know marketing may not feel the same way as I do about this, but it just makes sense to me that it should be changed.

That's it. Thanks.

Posted Dec 14, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 15, 2019
  2. agreed, you got a weird resource pack tho gzen

Posted Dec 14, 2019
  3. Yeah! What's the point of trying to make somebody buy Eternal... If they already have eternal?
    I agree with the topic of removing this for eternal users, +1.

I actually like the pack! @Gzen what is it?

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  4. It's a 1.14.4 pack cause thats what I use but if you're still interested it's ol faithful lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 14, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.

5. Agreed. It's useless for Enternals and it's no point in having it there for them. Maybe the reason for this to be shown for Eternals is that it's complicated to make one specific rank to bypass this public message, and therefore the development team just ignored it.

But, I think it's no point for Eternals to get this message as I said, and I hope that this will be fixed! +1

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    Im_Ken and M4RK7000 like this.
  6. Hello,
    I completely agree that this should be removed for eternals. It does not make sense that an eternal rank sale would be advertised to those who have already purchased the rank. Maybe this can be replaced with a PPC advert instead for those who don't have it, or even a generic advert that says something about checking out the shop in general. Either way, it is not beneficial to the player or the network to have this broadcasted to eternals, so I definitely think it should be altered. Thank you for bringing this up, it is a +1 from me! Have a nice day!

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    Fallen, Evence and M4RK7000 like this.
  7. what’s with that chat font tho

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  8. Hia,

I agree that this notification should not be broadcasted to players who have already purchased the Eternal rank as it's unnecessary. I also think it would be a great idea to instead swap out this notification which advertises Power Play Club! Since the notification was used for advertising the Eternal rank with the goal to generate profit for the server, it makes sense to advertise another premium feature we have to offer to fill the void.

I also think @Sickle brings up a good point about what we should advertise if a player has purchased the highest premium rank and is subscribed to PPC. I agree with his suggestion to have a notification to remind these players to check out the shop. To add to that, I believe these notifications should promote items of value specifically to these players who are invested in playing Mineplex. Some items that come to mind a Game Amplifiers and Treasure Chests (specifically seasonal chests, for example, Legacy Christmas Treasure)

Anywho, it's a +1 from me!

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    M4RK7000 and Sickle like this.
  9. Yeah, I never understood why those messages keep being advertised to eternal. Like they can't rank upgrade so what's the point. The messages are just a nuisance. I do like the idea that sickle suggested about instead, maybe mineplex could advertise PPC or the shop in general to those who are eternal. I see no problem with this, and it would still advertise the shop to players.

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  10. I completely agree with this idea, as an Eternal myself I come on the server everyday and see this notification and I have no need for it. As you said maybe if it said something about PPC then I wouldn't be so annoyed by it. Also it could promote what @Evence said. Anyways I completely agree with this idea! +1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  11. I would completely agree with this. It is really just a no-brainer that there is no point in this marketing and marketing should be much more tailored to the person dependent on their rank and past purchases rather than a preformatted message for everyone! A good point to bring up and an important one nevertheless, thank you!

+1

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  12. This suggestion has definitely been made before and I agree. It's pointless for the message show up other than maybe trying to encourage players to purchase Eternal for their friends maybe. Regardless, if you have Eternal, you are aware of the rank itself so a message really isn't needed to advertise it. It's a bit silly to keep this alert around in my opinion and I'm honestly not sure why this wasn't considered when the feature was implemented.

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  13. Heyo!

I totally agree with you on this one. It doesn't seem at all necessary to broadcast that message when you already have the rank. The only beneficial thing would to maybe buy it for your friend or an alternate account.

I think they could replace it for something else, like a Clans sale or a Chest sale or like @Sickle said, a Power Play Club broadcast message. Great idea!

~Cheers
    -spikecreates

Posted Dec 15, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 15, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  14. Hey! Like everyone else, I do agree with this. However, it shouldn't be a prioritized change since it's not "important" and doesn't affect gameplay but I'm sure it would something easy to change. I also agree @spikecreates and this message should be changed since it's been here for a while. So It's a +1 from me!

Posted Dec 15, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 15, 2019
    TotalTelemetry likes this.
  15. This idea has been suggested before but has been denied by Production. Personally, I'm in the middle on this idea. For most players, it does make sense for them to not see the ads for Eternal since they already have the highest rank on the network. For that account, there is not anything else (rank-wise) that they can purchase. It might make sense for there to be ads for Eternal to purchase PPC, but that makes sense since its a monthly subscription.

However, as a marketing decision, it makes sense to keep it in. There are players who have alternate accounts and do play on both their main and the alternate one. If a player sees that there is a major sale happening for Eternal, they are more likely to go and purchase it for their alternate account(s). Because of the fact that I can see both sides to this situation, I'll give it a +0 for now.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  16. Hi! I get where you're coming from with the whole idea that alternative accounts may benefit from seeing this on their main, but then again, if they're playing on both accounts then they would see the sale on their alt. Especially since most players don't main Mineplex on multiple accounts I just don't get the point in advertising the eternal rank to people who already have eternal. Mineplex could be making more money if they advertised PPC or just the shop in general to them. Thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 15, 2019
  17. Hello!

I agree with this idea, although I don't necessarily think it's needed. Although it can be annoying, it's a quick message that's pushed out to all users that join the server. That being said, it's really easy to miss altogether or just ignore. I don't really think it needs to be a priority when it comes to QoL updates or just updates in general. However, I do not have a problem with the idea! +1

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  18. Honestly, I can see 100% why people would want this. Especially because it's annoying to see it every so often and I have Eternal so it's not useful for me.

From a marketing perspective though, it makes sense to keep it in. Granted, yes, it doesn't make sense for Eternals to see it but eternal ranked members have friends and if someone is constantly reminded of the sale, the eternal ranked player could share that with non-eternal ranked members. By constant reminder of everyone that there is a sale, it may incline more people to partake.

I'd love to see it go but I also see the reason as to why it was denied previously and why it will most likely be denied again.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  19. I mean ranks have been on sale for TWO YEARS nonstop. It's about time they change it to something else (PPC or chests). Big +1
    Cheers!

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  20. Processed

The Ideas Manager confirmed to me that Marketing had previously approved this idea and it already has the go-ahead and therefore this thread has been marked as processed and this change will take place whenever some free dev time comes around for QoL changes! Thank you for making this thread :)

I'll be leaving this open to create further discussion as we tend to not lock approved ideas!​

Posted Dec 15, 2019