• 1603 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8893 Players Online
  • 7290 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned REMOVE THE is too skilled to be banned taunt

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by LucarioJapans, Jan 8, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seriously, do it.
    I've been playing nano games, and then we got in Gladiators.
    I saw guardians above a guys head I was against so I thought he was getting banned, then I noticed in chat it's a taunt.
    So I didn't think much of it, we just fought. But then when we both had half a heart, the guardians made the explosion effect and blinded me, I had no idea where he was and so he won. This is too OP, please remove it.

Posted Jan 8, 2021
    CrazyOfTim, Ducksicle and mab8400 like this.
  2. Agreed, a lot of cosmetics and taunts are used solely as a way to unfairly blind or distract the other player from playing the game. I've had this happen to me many times; and in games like Dragon Escape and Monster Maze, it completely ruins the game for other players. I see a lot of people who use that white cloudy particle taunt which essentially hides the player from view in fights or makes it impossible to see where you are going.

Posted Jan 8, 2021
    Ducksicle likes this.
  3. Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion
    I haven't had this issue personally, but I've seen the taunt before. I can definitely see how it can be distracting to an opponent during a 1v1 fight. I think the taunt itself is fine personally and I know a lot of people enjoy the taunt, but maybe just removing the explosive effect at the end would help the situation.

Posted Jan 8, 2021
  4. Personally, it doesn't affect me at all. While yes, the explosive effect can be very distracting, it only lasts less than a second, and it doesn't really affect the gameplay a whole lot. I think the explosion is the main factor that contributes to the taunt in general, and that makes the taunt unique. I'll say -1 for now, at least until we find a plausible solution opposed to just removing the effect in general.

Posted Jan 8, 2021
  5. Hey,

Originally I thought this was a real GWEN ban, but after a further look, it does not affect me as well. During a 1 vs 1 fight, the taunt does not affect me very much, so there is nothing wrong if I were to be honest. Overall, I am giving this a -1.

Thanks for the idea though!

Posted Jan 8, 2021
  6. I really don't believe the answer to this is to remove the taunt completely. As mab said, many taunts can be used to gain an advantage in a game, so just removing this one taunt would not solve the issue.

The better solution would be to make it so certain taunts could not be used in certain games, or during certain times. The Impostor Taunt, which was introduced during Halloween, uses multiple skeletons in armor for the taunt, so it is not possible to use it while you are near players. This would be the best solution to the taunt issue, as it would make it so only use it once you are not near players.

So while I understand how this can be annoying, I don't believe removing the taunt is the best option, as there are other solutions that would still allow players to use the taunt, but not gain an unfair advantage.

Posted Jan 8, 2021
    Fusafez and mab8400 like this.
  7. Doesn't the guardian taunt explosion also provide a disadvantage to the user as well considering they can't see either? If it was a very clear advantage I can definitely agree with disabling it in games but from what I've seen, I don't think it really provides a hug advantage as both parties' vision is impaired during the explosion.

Posted Jan 8, 2021
  8. I think your point proves more to why it shouldn't be usable in most games. if it disadvantages anyone or makes gameplay worse I think everyone can agree there needs to be some alteration, josh seemed to have a good solution. only other thing i can think of is a /pref to remove all visibility for cosmetic features; but that seems complex and difficult to manage.

Posted Jan 8, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 8, 2021
  9. I don't agree with a complete removal of the taunt since I know a lot of people who really like it. I do, however, agree that the explosion effect is distracting and can be used to a player's advantage in a game. Disabling the explosion effect in games only I think would be a fair solution - it's not completely disabling the taunt, it's just removing the part of it that could provide an unfair advantage.

Posted Jan 8, 2021
  10. I think the taunt should just be removed in games where it causes an advantage like that. I cant really think of many games where it wouldnt though.

Best option is to just change the taunt itself to cause a lesser explosion or only contain the guardians, its a bit too much currently.

Posted Jan 8, 2021
  11. Hello friend! Thank you for your input <3

After a discussion with the team, we agreed that it does cause an advantage within a few games, and we're working on a possible solution to stop this from happening. Cosmetics were not designed to hinder gameplay experience. However, we decided it would be best to not completely remove this taunt. This is because people could have potentially payed IRL money specifically for this taunt, or used immortal points to obtain it. Some people might have become adapted to this taunt and enjoy using it, so we don't want to take that away from them.

For the above reasons, we are not planning to remove this taunt currently. Thanks again, and happy posting! :)
    Thread Locked - Idea Not Planned.

Posted Jan 16, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 and maevestarbaby like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.