• 307 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2886 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Remove the Gem Booster for Immortal rank

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Feb 9, 2020.

1. I think the Gem booster for Immortal rank should be removed because people are saying that it's breaking the EULA

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    SpyNinja__, Korben, CZArkolan and 2 others like this.
  2. It 100% breaks the EULA, it and the XP booster (which allows to to level up faster and thus claim the level up emeralds faster) allow for players to pay to get an advantage.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    CZArkolan and Mitchy like this.
  3. The XP booster is not breaking the EULA because MP levels are cosmetic.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2020
  4. The level itself is cosmetic and is totally fine, but gaining more XP leads to leveling up faster, which leads to claiming level-up rewards faster, which leads to getting those cool cosmetics and as a side note the game effecting gems. Getting more XP ends up leading to getting more gems, which violates the EULA. While it's not direct, minplex denied an idea about transferring gems to shards (or shards to gems idk) a while ago because it would indirectly let you buy gems.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    CZArkolan likes this.
  5. Oh, then XP boosters should be removed as well.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2020
    CZArkolan likes this.
  6. epic

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    CZArkolan likes this.
  7. What about it?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 11, 2020
  8. Hey!

I completely agree. I think that gem boosters (and maybe XP boosters, not 100% sure though) are a violation of EULA and need to be either removed or modified as soon as possible. I think that it gives an unfair advantage to Immortal ranks as they are able to unlock kits quicker than regular players. I'm fairly sure that allowing players to purchase gameplay advantages over other players is against the EULA, meaning that gem boosters are in violation of this. I personally think that a lot of things were overlooked in the Immortal update, including gem boosters.

Thank you for bringing this up, this definitely needed to be addressed.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    SpyNinja__ and Vocaloiid like this.
  9. If theres one way to kill the remaining community that has worked hard to get where they are, it is to allow new players to get to their status faster by simply buying a subscription. Gem and xp boosts should be removed, and the eula is set in place for a reason. Not everyone has access to a lot of money and some are not eligible to make online transactions. That part of the community should not have a disadvantage in gameplay.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    BDIZZ, awaitable and Mitchy like this.
  10. I don't think the gem booster is too much of a big deal. For anyone that is above maybe level 20, gems have no impact on the games because, by that point, they have all the kits they want. The kits in itself don't give much of an advantage to begin with, they just appeal to different playstyles. Yes, it does break the EULA but I think we're forgetting that other servers are doing the exact same thing without any hiccups.

At the end of the day, the gem booster and XP boosters are not as game-breaking as you guys are making it out to be, and those with them really aren't gaining a drastic in-game advantage.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  11. I think Mineplex should keep it unless told to remove it directly by Mojang. In my opinion, the EULA is quite unfair to servers and should be a bit more lenient. The XP and gem booster is very minor compared to something like exclusive kits that grant better items than a regular player like some servers do without any problems from Mojang.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  12. It needs to be removed because it is obvously against the EULA which means mineplex had no say in this, it must be removed.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    SpyNinja__, CZArkolan and awaitable like this.
  13. why are you all so pressed that your accounts dont have immortal rank so u try to ruin it for us

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  14. It violates the EULA, its not our choice. Its against the rules for mineplex to keep it, they have to remove it.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  15. If they have no impact for higher leveled players, who are more likely to buy ranks, why have them as benefits at all? They introduce a potential issue with Mojang while providing no incentive to buy the rank. EULA issues may make others more reluctant to buy the rank due to fears that their subscription will go to waste if a blacklist occurs, no matter how likely/unlikely.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    CZArkolan, awaitable and Korben like this.
  16. The difference between Mineplex and all the other servers that break the EULA is that Mineplex is an official Minecraft partner, which really just makes this update all the more bewildering. Mineplex should be following their partners policies and setting an example for other servers.

Also the EULA isn't solely about pay to win, it's about anything that affects gameplay. Even if Mineplex was selling an SG kit (for real money) that gave you a single, 3 second long Slowness splash potion, even though it would easily be the worst kit in the game, it's still breaking the EULA. Because it's something that affects gameplay that isn't available for free.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  17. They don't have to remove the rank, but instead remove the Gem Boosters and XP booster. They Don't have to remove the rank as a whole.
    Heyo!
    This is like the 11th post I have seen on this issue and I'll keep on saying the same things. This does violate the EULA, but I'm sure mineplex will look into it. You don't need to be that worried as you can still enjoy mineplex as it is, but just gives people an advantage. Overall many people above have stated the reason in why they disagree or agree with this idea. This topic has been brought up many times and thus it makes the forums look dirty and makes Immortal look like a bad rank. Once again, I'm sure mineplex will look into the fact that it violates the EULA.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    SpyNinja__ and awaitable like this.
  18. I didnt say remove the rank, I said remove the xp and gem boost

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  19. Ahh could you quote as to where you actually wrote "They need to remove the Boosters." ?
    Sorry but I can't help noting that you didn't specify what you were talking about.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  20. Its implied as I'm responding to a thread about spesifically removing them, and not the rank.

Posted Feb 12, 2020