• 1797 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10235 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Remove Snowballs From Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by roto, Apr 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Let me explain. The snowballs or "frosting" as they are officially named are way too op. They give you slowness 2 upon impact for 2.5 seconds. On paper it sounds balanced, but when you are in the middle of a match and someone starts using snowballs there is almost nothing you can do. You can't run away because they can jut catch up. And you can't attack them head on because when they use snowballs and you get the slowness, you can't attack them successfully because they keep hitting you but you can't hit them because of the slowness. This is why snowballs showed be removed.

Posted Apr 2, 2019
  2. Thread moved to Game Alterations

Hey there! I have moved your thread to an appropriate section as it’s the best way to suited here. I disagree with removing the frosting kit in Cake Wars. I understand that you don’t like the frosting kit, but I have a suggestion to make some adjustments. For the slowness effect, I believe that it needs to last at least 2 seconds only. I do not see the negative impact regarding the frosting kit.

I was playing Cake Wars at that time, and when someone throws the snowball to me, I moved slowly about 2.5 seconds I think. I have some problems with fighting against frosting kit players.

Overall, I disagree with removing the frosting kit entirely, but nerf the slowness 2 effect time from 2.5 to 2 seconds will be one of my solutions.

Posted Apr 2, 2019
    _Azury, toogsie and SoulSilver like this.
  3. I don't think this would be a good change. On the bright side for you, though, is that I've heard that GI has a nerf for Frosting planned, with the Slowness duration reduced to 2 seconds. All you have to do is 2v1 as Frosting and you'll kill them almost every time. Frosting is only good for 1v1s. -1

Posted Apr 2, 2019
    Jadguar and pzazz like this.
  4. Hey!

I agree and disagree with this idea. Yes, snowballs are a little to op, I feel like they should be nerfed instead of being completely removed. It's not really unfair since all players have a chance of getting the kit, all they need is a little time and effort.

Posted Apr 2, 2019
  5. No

Posted Apr 2, 2019
    doeo likes this.
  6. That would suggest that it is unbalanced. Would you mind explaining how it's bad outside of 1v1s? It's either the second best or the best kit for teamfights or outnumbered situations.

Posted Apr 2, 2019
  7. I honestly have to disagree. I don’t understand why everyone complains about the kit, when there is simply a lot that’s already been done to balanace it. Removing the kit seems like a, not trying to be rude here, terrible idea. A lot of us have grinded for that kit, and simply removing it isn’t a solution. GI has suggested changes to fix it several times, and I agree with the changes mentioned. I’m fairly sure they had discussed a fix to shorten the slowness time to make it easier for users without the kit to combat those with the kit.

If you believe the kit is broken, suggest changes to fix it. Removing something won’t solve the issue, especially in this case where it is a hard-earned kit.

Posted Apr 2, 2019
    _Petty likes this.
  8. I can understand why you'd be frustrated with the kit but removing it entirely would not be a good move on Mineplex's part. A lot of people use the kit and would be upset if it were removed. It is a bit OP as of now, I do agree, but Game Insights has a nerf planned from what I've heard so we'll just have to wait and see. It takes skill to fight back against the kit, it's definitely not impossible.

So while I do agree that a nerf should be put in place (and there is one planned) I completely disagree with removing the kit entirely. It's used very widely and a lot of people would not want it to be removed.

Posted Apr 2, 2019
  9. I also agree with many of the other replies; as I believe where you're coming from, it's not really something that can be removed. Along with what Umbreon said, it may be susceptible to a nerf in the future, but the kit is an aspect and a mechanic to the game that largely impacts it. (In some ways...)

Posted Apr 2, 2019
  10. These frosting hate threads should all be locked, theres so many and the idea is generally denied

Posted Apr 2, 2019
  11. That's a rather authoritarian response to discussion. Most of these aren't "frosting hate threads," they're new people coming and telling us they don't like frosting, and sooner or later we might actually end up with something more material than "hey let's drop 1/5th of the slowness duration cuz that'll balance it."

Your position that these should all be locked is somewhat disturbing.

Posted Apr 2, 2019
  12. Hey there!

Seems like this is a consistent argument that keeps resurfacing across the forums. While I don't particularly disagree with your idea, I don't always particularly agree with it either. I don't believe you can solve a game balance issue by simply removing a whole kit.
    Though, I'd consider looking at what other people's opinions have said in regards to this issue. May I recommend suggesting certain balance changes to the kit, including nerfs and compensation buffs, that could help make the kit more fair?

Overall, I'm don't entirely agree of this idea. However, I am not completely against it. There needs to be further thought and depth going into it to justify your opinions.

Hope my feedback helps! :)
    ~ SHotty

Posted Apr 2, 2019
  13. Hey!
    I highly doubt that mineplex will consider removing this since players worked hard to get this kit and that they are just going to throw it away.

Posted Apr 3, 2019
  14. mmkay thanks for taking what I said and completely misrepresenting it. Anything can be "disturbing" if you put the right spin on it.

Posted Apr 3, 2019
  15. 100% should be nerfed quite a bit in my opinion but also a removal of the explosive Sheep would be nice.

Posted Apr 3, 2019
  16. When i did not have the kit, I would agree with you in that it is a little too op and should be removed but I would agree with others when they suggest that we should not remove the kit entirely but nerf it so that the slowness duration is reduced from 2.5s to 2 seconds. For me, because Cake Wars is an extremely popular gamemode on the server, removing the achievement kit would greatly decrease the popularity of the game. Because the kit is harder to unlock, it has given a lot of players a reason to play the game and by removing it, we take that incentive away from those players.

Posted Apr 3, 2019
  17. y

Posted Apr 3, 2019
  18. There's little to nothing to misrepresent, and I don't think I've done that here given that I quoted your post directly.
    ???

Posted Apr 3, 2019
  19. Honestly, this has come up so many times I'll just do some copy paste

Frosting Kit has been quite a topic of discussion lately, one that has caused a lot of chaos and required the channel to be locked twice to calm it down. I think a nerf is needed for the kit. The problem is as soon as anyone utters the words "Frosting Kit" and "nerf" every member in this discord is like ReeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeeEeeee. As a result, I think we need to be more specific when we use the word "nerf" so I'm going to list ways in which we could nerf the kit so it'd be balanced BUT something to grind those achievements.

Current stats: Slowness for 2.5 seconds. 1 snowball per 6 seconds. Max 3
    I don't think increasing its 6 seconds is a good idea. It's already long enough. What people are complaining about is the fact that people are being slowed for so long/there's always a snowball in their hand.
    > Decrease max snowballs from 3 > 2. Reasoning: People complain that they always have a snowball in their hand, that's because they wait until they have 3 and then use them strategically in 1v1s.
    > Decrease slowness from 2.5 seconds > 1.5 seconds Reasoning: Slowness for 2.5 seconds with Mineplex Knockback + a game where there's a lot of void is completely outrageous. Slowness + Mineplex Knockback enables someone to combo another player for the entirety of the slowness. At that point, the poor player is already so low on health that there's almost no fight. I understand this is not always the case for the players like us in GI who know how to counter it. But GI is a small fraction of the player base, and lots of others are abused by this kit every day. I think either of these would be changes that are necessary to keep this game balanced.

Posted Apr 3, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 3, 2019
    toogsie and SpitefulNick like this.
  20. I completely agree with many of the players above, the kit itself is fun to play with (or so I’ve heard...) and is a liked it by many players. Although it may be a little OP, as others have said, GI could have a nerf planned for it.
    All in all, the kit itself shouldn’t be removed, but it does need a slight nerf to make playing Cake Wars a little more enjoyable.

Posted Apr 4, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.