• 479 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8917 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Remove smash crystals already

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by KarmaCallama, Sep 24, 2019.

?

Remove smash crystals

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    47.2%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    52.8%
  1. Classic special pleading fallacy :p

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  2. Hey there!
    Smash crystals are something that I'd consider to be very useful actually in game. It creates a solution to where SSM could just go on forever. I understand that they are a very powerful tool, but looking at it from a general player perspective, I wouldn't see why it would be completely removed. Perhaps changing it up a little may resolve the issue.

Each kit has a very unique take on smash crystals. They all have different abilities that may be quite unbalanced when compared to other kits. I'm not particularly experienced in SSM per say, but I think perhaps a few changes could be made to satisfy the general community. Finding an in-between of this discussion could perhaps help.

A few others have mentioned through this thread that many players actually do get smash crystals very late in game and since SSM isn't intended to be as long as other hardcore games, I wouldn't imagine that it is compeltely unfair. It usually appears during final showdowns or when most players are already taken out so it does seem like it would make sense to at least include some sort of encouragement for final hits of some sort.

Otherwise, I think that completely removing the smash crystals seem a little far-fetched and instead maybe meeting in-between and perhaps nerfing some of the kits would make more sense. I find that some kits definitely have a better chance at landing a perfect, useful smash crystal opposed to other kits who might not have as much benefit using it. [​IMG]

Please avoid off-topic discussions in this thread. If this continues, a thread lock may be warranted.

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  3. Smash crystals do not appear "late game" they appear after 5 minutes. A game only gets really long if it's after 10 minutes. In long games 2 or even 3 crystals can spawn. If someone isn't able to end a game in less than 15 minutes, either it's a really heated battle, a flaw in the map, or they just need to get better. Smash crystals should at least get moved back to the 15 minute mark

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2019
    Vocaloiid and SpitefulNick like this.
  4. That's not what I meant at all. When I say "getting rewarded for skill" I don't mean the literal amount of gams/shardes/exp you get for winning. I mean that people with higher skill should not be getting K/Od by lower skilled players using pretty much automatic kills in a lot of cases. You should be winning because you performed better than the other players, not because you get what is essentially a handout win.

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  5. Please provide examples as to off topic posting here. Also crystals can turn the tide of the game and make it be chance vs skill.

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  6. Heyo!
    I personally think that smash crystals are a vital implement of the SSM game! They can allow players to have powers over a certain amount of time. Once they were added in SSM, it was a great addition. I personally don't think they should touch the smash crystals and just leave them the way they are. This would prevent loads of arguments if they removed or nerfed the smash crystals as well.

Posted Oct 5, 2019
  7. This is the one and only time I will flex this badge to end this "argument." It is a unanimous vote among SmashGI to remove. Reasons being they are unfair, do not require skill to use whatsoever, and inconsistent in power level. Balancing them/shoving in another vote feature for them will take too much dev-time away from kits and abilities that actually need it.

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  8. Heya. Im going to have to disagree with this. Smash crystals are a great tactic when it comes to pvp in SSM. Removing smash crystals would result in backlash from the communnity, especially the SSM community. I know they can be annoying, but they are a PvP tactic.

Take care.

~Tikal The Echidna

Posted Oct 5, 2019
  9. The community in general hates them though. And hacking is a great tactic too which takes about the same level of skill as using a smash crystal.

Posted Oct 5, 2019
  10. I don't play Smash Mobs too much, but I remember back in the day when I and a couple of friends played it a lot, and the smash crystals really just brought a huge unique sense to the game. Removing it to me would be like removing a whole part of the game. It can turn the whole game around in a moment, and that's why I can see a lot of tryhard players on the game wanting it to be removed, but from the point of view as an average player, I just don't really see it working. -1.

Posted Oct 6, 2019
  11. There is no tactics involved in using a smash crystal, and it certainly isn't pvp related in the slightest when all of them, except maybe wolf, involve the user hanging back and letting a map wide auto-hit do all of the work for them. There would be backlash, just like anything, but it would be from either the minority that rely on them instead of bettering themselves, or people that have never touched the game in the first place. And it would likely take a week for it to die down when people realize that SSM is far better without it.

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  12. ”I don’t play Super Smash Mobs too much” says every smash crystal supporter ever

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 6, 2019
  13. That's not a reward.

Currently the poll is in favor for not removing Smash Crystals.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 8:36 AM
  14. You are still not understanding what I mean by reward but ok.

And I guarantee that at least half of those votes to keep are by players who don't even normally play ssm.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 9:38 AM
  15. There is no reward.

Even if those players don't regularly play SSM, their opinion still matter because they play the game too, not just your gang. Otherwise you'd be committing the genetic fallacy. So, according to the poll, not all the community hate crystals; there's an obvious division that seems to be equal.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 10:25 AM
  16. It's hard to say what the ingame division is. Most people on the fourms voting on this are either pros who dislike the smash crystal or people that seldom play ssm and are just active on the fourms. Neither are the majority of the SSM playerbase. A large amount of the playerbase is more casual players that tend to play mostly SSM but aren't all that skilled and don't have a fourms. It is really hard to predict how these players would react to a removal but most likely they don't care too much either way.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 10:30 AM
  17. Well, we could start an ingame survey with screenshots as evidence to find out.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 12:34 PM
  18. I guess that would be more reliable than this poll but wouldn’t determine whether or not the players that dislike/like will quit/play less or rejoin/play more. The only way to see if that was the case would be to remove and if the player count drops, add them back in.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 1:22 PM
  19. No one's dumb enough to fall for that trick. Once it's removed, it'll never get added back in again. Whether they will play more or less is irrelevant to the main question: do they like the crystals or not.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 2:20 PM
  20. Sure, but that doesn’t change the fact that someone that doesn’t have much experience with SSM, does not know the game enough to form a valid opinion.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 4:39 PM