• 1236 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4954 Players Online
  • 3718 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Remove Ranks From In-game Tablist

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by mich, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Hey! I know this was very recently updated (sometime within the last 24 hours) so maybe I'm just not used to it yet. However, I've always thought it was nice to press tab for a split second and get a general idea of how many players were still alive on each team. (in super paintball, the usernames are colorized blue and red so you can easily and quickly tell apart the teams)
    With this update, players' ranks are shown ingame when you press tab now. I personally think it makes the tablist look messy and just kind of all over the place, since it's not just the team colors anymore. I don't think it's necessary to display the ranks in-game, especially when you can already see them in game lobbies and in the chat.
    Just wanted to share my opinion :)
    For reference, this is how it looked previously:[​IMG]
    And this is how it looks now:[​IMG]

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  2. Hi there!

I agree with this. I honestly am not a fan of this. The tab list was much calmer and less crazy. This is also going to increase targeting. As a staff member sometimes people just don't pay attention to staff tags and once we're in game they would have no idea but if they saw us with the tag running at them they will all most likely target us, which goes for all the others who are like level 80+ and they'll just get targeted because they're immortal. I really don't like this and I am super happy you suggested this! +1

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  3. From what I’ve seen from this update, not a lot of people enjoyed this feature, including myself. Targeting would have to be the biggest concern that I’ve experienced from being a staff member but I’ve also seen feedback stating it makes tab a bit messy and confusing in team games which I can fairly agree with. Anyway, we’ve included a lot of feedback in our feedback document on this already regarding ranks showing up in games but thank you for bringing this up!

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    Mitchy and Xukuwu like this.
  4. Hey!
    I actually will probably be the only one who disagrees with this change. In my opinion having the ranks in the tab makes it look cleaner, and I know it's all opinion based but this is just mine. I also don't really see the issue with targeting. People bring up "I'm an Eternal so people will target me" or things of that nature. However, if you are already a high rank, or staff you have to accept the fact that you will be targeted no matter what. Personally to me I think it makes tab look nicer and makes people with ranks stand out. I also like how it shows in game, because to me it just makes it a cleaner feel. I also feel like the purpose of buying a rank is to stand out, and having the ranks show in game makes you stand out. While this is all opinion based, my opinion is for it to stay.

Posted Feb 23, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 23, 2020
    CreativeDolphin likes this.
  5. Heyo!
    So, coming from someone that would like to see this removed, I'll be agreeing. It just makes the chat look chaotic, ugly and just, well messy. One thing I'll be pointing out is removing the IMMORTAL one. In my opinion, IMMORTAL "Player1 has joined the lobby!" is bad enough, without drawing more attention to being Immortal.
    I'll be giving this Idea a +1, because, just make the tab board look nice please?
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    OnceAnL_ likes this.
  6. I like the way ranks are shown in tab. As Epicbuilder435 said, one of the reasons to buying ranks is to stand out.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  7. Hey,

Honestly, I don't really mind the ranks showing in the tab list, but like some people said, unwanted targeting may come up. @Epicbuilder435, yes, one of the reasons why people buy a rank is to stand out, but with all due to respect, that is one of the reasons, not all. Some people may have done that, others may have not, like myself. I literally just bought Immortal for the clans queue haha

So I suggest a compromise.
    How about an option that lets you turn off your rank in tab (and in-game, so only chat and player-side things)?

Let me know what you think,
    ~Xion

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Mitchy, Korben (gone) and koqel like this.
  8. @Xion thats a pretty good idea. Maybe the devs will add it soon.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Xion likes this.
  9. It would be a cool feature to have the option to choose to have ranks in tab on or off in my opinion, but tab wouldn't be as calm as it was before so I'd rather just go back to the original system. I am not a big fan of this update either (even though I'm not immortal), I see many people get targeted for being immortal, and I know what that feels like as I've been targeted for being level 100 here and there.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  10. Xion this is a great idea as people who feel that they would get targeted can turn off being able to see their rank. Also, people who want to stand out and that is the reason for buying a rank can stand out too if they want to. Personally I like to stand out but that is just my opinion.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Korben (gone) and Xion like this.
  11. Heyo!
    Personally I think this is a great idea. I also agree that it makes the tablets look kinda messy.
    +1

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  12. Posted Feb 23, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 and Xion like this.
  13. Idea not planned

Thank you for taking the time in writing this thread. Unfortunately, our Production team has denied this idea. This does not mean that it couldn't change in the future, however, at the moment, it's not planned. I'm going to apply the necessary tag and leave the thread open for discussion.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
    nolawn likes this.
  14. Hey!

I completely agree with you and I'm really confused as to why it was denied. The new tab looks ugly, unaesthetic, and it makes targetting much for frequent. When I was staff I really liked how I could play Nano Games without other players knowing I was mod. This heavily reduced targetting compared to other games and it helped me with SR's when I was trainee because nobody would know a staff member was in the lobby unless I spoke in chat. I really don't see any benefits to the new tab list and I would personally love it to be reverted. It's a +1 from me, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    MASTS likes this.
  15. I agree with this, it's a great idea! As the quote says, it would greatly reduce targeting.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  16. I think that it goes both ways. Some people like it some don't. I think that this can be handled by adding an option do enable/disable the feature. This should not apply for lobbies however because that's what people pay for and how people find the staff to message to.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  17. From what I’ve seen from this update, lot of people did not enjoy this feature, including myself. Targeting would have to be the biggest concern experienced from players, and feedback stating it makes tab messy and confusing in team games which I agree with. It could go both ways, as said above. Some people like it, some don't, big deal. I think that this can be handled by adding an option do enable/disable of the feature itself.

Posted Feb 26, 2020