• 1570 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9900 Players Online
  • 8330 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Remove or fix MineKart!

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by __misha, Sep 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MineKart is broken- half the players can't move and the other half lag so much its hard to move at all.
    Please... remove or fix it!
    - A concerned player

Posted Sep 2, 2020
    Amg_ likes this.
  2. Hey!

When MineKart shows up, I don't usually experience any lag or glitches, but I have seen many people who complain that they have these problems or encounters. It's very unfortunate that MineKart isn't at its best and hopefully, it can be fixed because it's genuinely a fun mode when it works, but if it truly has many problems that aren't being focused on being fixed currently, then I agree it should be removed until it is in a more playable state.

Though in the end, it's a nano game, meaning you're never far away from playing a favorite. :D

Posted Sep 2, 2020
    Anna-Marie likes this.
  3. Hey!

Personally, MineKart is one of my favorite nano games. I think it really shows Mineplex well, and how unique it is on the basis of Mini-Games. It's Mario-Kart in Minecraft, and I think Nano-Games and the mixed arcade really shows Mineplex's style. This style is fun small Mini-Games that is really what blew Mineplex up. I've seen a lot of people with this suggestion before, and I disagree with them each time I see it. I have not encountered any issues with this game that is sufficient for its removal, and I think it truly makes a perfect nano-game.

As for the suggestion, it's self, I think it is confusing for the newer player, and when I first played it, I had a hard time too. This is because even though it's included in the game description, I don't think many people read it but the key is "Controlling it like a boat". You have to hit "W" to get going, and you can't just look in the direction you and to go, you also need to hit the key that corresponds with the direction you want to turn. As an example, if I wanted to turn right I would hit "D" and turn to my right. Also, I don't think a lot of people know about the drifting system. If you hit and hold space bar going into a turn, you drift and it actually gives you lots of speed. Also, if you ever can't move or you're dismounted hit "Left Shift" and that should fix it for you. As for the lag, this has never been an issue for me and I don't think that when it does happen it's that severe.

Overall, for the reasons I explained above I will be giving this a -1. I think this is a really great game, and I hope I helped some people out with some tips I provided above on how to properly play this game. Have a nice day!

Posted Sep 2, 2020
  4. I happen to like MineKart a lot, but I do understand that a lot of players have issues when it comes to playing - lag, their karts aren't working, etc. I personally don't experience any of the issues mentioned above, but I know a lot of players who do. However, I disagree with completely removing it. I know plenty of players who do enjoy the game, and there are a couple fixes to the problems you mentioned (Brayden pretty much listed them all). The game can be confusing to understand at first, but once you understand the basics of how to actually control the kart, it becomes easier with time. And, in the end, it's a Nano game, meaning that it's over pretty quickly.

Posted Sep 2, 2020
  5. I think it'd be better if they changed the game mechanic from boats to sheep mechanics like snake. Where you just look and it goes

Posted Sep 2, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  6. I have also noticed an issue when playing this game. Occasionally, my sheep will be stuck on looking at one direction, while I am trying to move it another. This leads me into hitting a wall, and resetting my position. It is an unfortunate bug, but it is one that only the dev team can work on. So for now, let's just hope it won't show up that much in games. :)

I have heard others suggest this, and I've already said the same thing. If we have automatic running mechanics for the sheeps in MineKart it would ruin the Mario-Kart appeal to it. I grew up playing Mario-Kart as a kid, and games would get really intense. When you were in first place you would pray you wouldn't get blue-shelled or accidentally drift into a wall and get passed. These kind of tensions are what made the game fun. So if we had the game set on automatic moving, then there would be relatively no skill and no similar appeal to the original Mario-Kart that this game has.

Posted Sep 2, 2020
    ARareBlackBear likes this.
  7. Hey!

With the new Nano update that was dropped today, Minekart quite a series of fixes and changes to help with better gameplay, as well as with better performance in the game. Changes include:
    • Reduced the time and velocity caused by crashing in Minekart.
    • Improved collision detection in Minekart.
    • Fixed an issue with the sheep in Minekart and always rotating correctly.
    • Increased the turning speed of the sheep in Minekart
    • Removed the noteblock song in Minekart
    • Fixed an issue with using the Reset Kart function to get ahead in Minekart
    These have largely done what you are suggesting in the second half of your idea (we aren't removing the game!) in that the game has been refined significantly for better game experience.

With this in mind, I will tag this thread as Implemented as well as lock this thread.

Thanks for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Implemented

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    WinteryOsprey38 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.