• 639 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6701 Players Online
  • 6062 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Remove off topic threads from new threads

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by KarmaCallama, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm going to opt for 1, wish I could vote in the poll, but y'know, I'm banned.

That's a third of the sidebar, which is a lot of real estate for any single section. Usually it's more, I had a thread on this exact topic back when these forums came out and if memory serves, I had a screenshot of 12-14 threads in the sidebar being "fluff" so to speak. People who seek out the off topic discussion will be fine, they can subscribe to that forum.

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  2. Doing polls on Discord probably won't continue unless we have a major thing that needs feedback. We will continue to do polls for future updates that are minor though here on the forums.
    --- Post updated ---
    A decision has been made on this.

It was decided that we are going to do option 2. Option 2 is: "We can incorporate a neat system that let's you pick and choose what to see in the newest post box. Unfortunately, this would take a very long time, but if it's wanted, and everyone is fine with holding on tight for a bit, we would be willing to add such a system." The reason option 2 was decided upon was because there have been and are other suggestions where people have said "remove x section/forum from the newest post box" and then it becomes an issue of preference. So instead of just removing this section right now, you'll have to hang on tight.

Please understand we did indeed take the feedback/poll into the decision, but it doesn't outweigh what was said above (it's more a preference issue). We'll give this the processed tag and lock this as it doesn't need anymore feedback/suggestions. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    Xukuwu, Vocaloiid, Fallen and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.