• 344 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2923 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Remove/Nerf Radar for BH

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by CupAWup, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Idk if this is the right section because this is for kit removal/altering and not exactly a new kit.

Basically radar is quite op since it makes hunting really easy. I know its in a seperate slot so you'd have to switch slots when engaging in pvp, but you'll probably get surrounded before.

For the nerf, I think ticking could be allowed for 7 seconds, with an 11 second cooldown, with a Sharpness 1 Wooden sword as a tiny buff.

If this can't get a proper nerf, I think it'd be best removed

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  2. Hello!

I disagree with this. As an avid radar user myself, I still find it rather difficult to find every single player. Although it gives you the general area of a player, finding the specific place they are hiding is quite difficult. Once you get into the high pitched and more frequent clicks, it's hard to tell whether or not you're moving closer. The radar also doesn't work based off of someone's Y coordinate so you can't tell whether someone is on the second floor of a house or not.

As for the ticking only being allowed in a certain time, I do not think this is necessary. Like I said above, it's still rather hard to find players with this kit. You have to be relatively close to people to get any sort of reading, and once you are close it's still hard to find the exact block someone is.

I also would like to think the kits in the game are balanced. There's a kit for fast mobility and getting around better, there's a kit that takes the strategy of destroying everything, and then there's the kit that lets you find people better, which is radar.

Overall, I don't think this is necessary, and I think that radar does just fine the way that it is.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
    Not_Gamer and 0joe like this.
  3. I don’t think radar is that overpowered. You can find just as many or more hiders with leaper hunter. Radar is becoming less useful as it is with more and more ESPers flooding block hunt. Radar is also useful for countering infestors as there’s literally no other way to tell where they are other than hitting every single block. I would weaken the bow as some radars have no fighting skill so they just spam their right click button to kill hiders.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
    DC_20 likes this.
  4. I do like the idea of having a cool down for compass use; however, as others have stated, I do think that the kits in Block Hunt are already well balanced as is. Because the Radar kit comes with a wooden sword and chainmail armor, I think these have been a good way of outweighing the benefits of the radar/compass itself. I have used this kit plenty of times myself and know that it can be hard to locate hiders especially if they are on a different y-coordinate than myself. I've always thought that Block Hunt was pretty well balanced and hope to see minigames like it evolve into a greater version of itself in the future.

Posted Nov 28, 2019
  5. Highly disagree with this idea considering the fact that hiding is not really common anymore, since most people just go chicken and spam bows in groups in high or difficult to reach places. If anything, they might want to nerf the shocking hider kit as it could be seem as somewhat OP, although it isn't the biggest problem on BH. I truly believe that you are seeing things from a hider perspective. If you are a hunter every game and don't even use f3b, you know how hard it is on maps like Atlantis or Nakoji, which take a copious amount of time to search completely. In fact, I believe it would be best to BUFF multiple hunter kits, especially the Taser or Bomber kit. Plus, in addition, there are a lot of problems with Block Hunt that should be dealt with first (that are not being dealt with). I would elaborate more but as you may know, nothing I say is ever considered even if it is completely logical and benefits the server :D

Posted Nov 28, 2019
  6. Sup Cup!

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. I don't think that radar is that op. As @saltyfishhy said, Its range isn't the best and isn't the easiest to use. I've had multiple situations in block hunt where I hear extremely fast clicks, but can't see the hider. Due to how high pitched the noise is, you can't tell if you're getting nearer or not until you've walked quite a distance.

Secondly, I see most radars searching in solos which makes it easier for me. I spend the beginning game sniping players for hyper and then spend end game defending myself when others came near. Since they're all radars, I can use the axe boost and either out PvP them or run away. I hope this changed your mind! It's a -1 from me though.

Posted Nov 28, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.