• 3377 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8683 Players Online
  • 5306 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Remove lily pads from maps.

Discussion in 'Death Tag' started by GingeyBook, May 14, 2020.

?

Do you have issues with lily pads?

1. Yes

47.9%
  2. No

52.1%
  1. Not sure if this is just a version specific problem, but lily pads on maps are so glitchy it makes the game unplayable sometimes.

Many times I'll be running and jump on a lily pad in the water and clip on the edge and get stuck there. On a game like death tag this makes me a dead weight.

Posted May 14, 2020
  2. Heyo!

Depending on what game version you are on it can cause many texture and block issues. Some of the newer versions have troubles with many blocks and textures, which can cause glitches like you are describing. At the same time if you are on a too old a version, it could also cause block glitches as well. So depending on what version you are on, it can cause glitches. So I don't think removing lily pads from maps will help out too much, and some maps need them for certain things. Sorry but I don't think that lily pads can get removed from maps. Thanks! Have a great week! :)

Posted May 14, 2020
    noteross and GingeyBook like this.

3. Thanks for the reply, and that's exactly my point. If you have to be on a very specific version to have a solid experience, it should be removed. I shouldn't have to search for the correct version and worry about running an old version. The vast majority of Minecraft players play on the most recent version, and if it's broken on that version, it's broken for the majority of the player base. Sure you could tell everyone to switch to an older version, but it would be a whole lot easier from a server standpoint to just remove the broken bits of the map.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2020
  4. Heyo!

I am very sorry but I'd have to disagree with you on this one. Most of the player base on Minecraft play on the version 1.8.9. This version was the last version before the 1.9 PVP system came out. The 1.9+ versions all have the same PVP system that almost all players hate. Players stay on older versions, which is why Mineplex is generated on a 1.8.9 server. Yes you are able to play on other versions on the server, but those versions don't have the things that most of the players love, which is the old PVP system. I am very sorry, but most of the Minecraft and Mineplex player base plays on 1.8.9 or under. Thanks, and have a great week! :)

Posted May 14, 2020
    noteross likes this.

5. Valid point, I'd love to see some official version distribution from Mineplex themselves.

[​IMG]

According to this, the newer versions do make up the majority. But like you said, Mineplex is very pvp focused so it would be nice to see their specific distribution.

Source: -unapproved link-

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2020
  6. I would recommend to go on 1.8.9. People in 1.9+ experience many glitches (anvils, lily pads etc) for the reason being Mineplex is mainly based on 1.8 and those versions are just a bit glitchy.

Posted May 14, 2020
  7. just go on 1.8.9 or lower and use a 1.15.4 texture pack

Posted May 14, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  8. Could just replace lily pads with green wool or a similar block. This would eliminate glitching while maintaining the theme of affected maps; although, it would be a tad sad to see lily pad extermination. Probably wouldn’t take much time to implement and would improve experience for players on different versions.

Could you specify? Curious as to what maps require lily pads for functionality reasons

Posted May 14, 2020
  9. Heyo!

Sorry, no, I can't specify a map that includes lily pads at the moment. All I know is that something like a parkour map or a strategy game map normally includes a few lily pads around the map, and some players like to use them to their advantage. That's why I wouldn't recommend removing lily pads. Although your idea for just replacing it with a different block is a very good idea, the problem with that is that the parts of the map that include something like a lily pad might look weird and out of place. At the moment I don't think that the build teams want to go back into all the maps that include lily pads and remove them from the maps, or replace them with a different block. This could cause the maps to look different and weird to other players. Not all players have this issue with glitching inside of blocks, but when someone does the best thing they can do is change their version to 1.8.9 and under. Thanks! Have a great week!

Posted May 14, 2020
    noteross likes this.
  10. Might be wrong, but I’m fairly sure lily pads function the exact same as normal blocks in Death Tag.

Great point, didn’t think fully through on that one. Would need to test different blocks and assure they look natural with the map’s theme before implementing.

Would take a few seconds with world edit to replace all lily pads with a different block on any given map. Moreover, this issue isn’t insanely important; it doesn’t need to be implemented at this very second. The Build Team can take their time on this one if they wish, assuming this idea is accepted.

Posted May 14, 2020
  11. Hey! I hear this idea, unfortunately, it doesn’t seem practical. Mineplex shouldn’t have to get rid of a key feature because of the version you’re playing on. Mineplex implements features that work best for their player base, and lily pads are not only appealing to the eye, it also works functionally for the majority of the players.

Not to mention, the build team would need to go through all of their maps and get rid of/replace each lily pad. That takes time, effort, and manpower that they might just not have at the moment.

Lily pads are an optional feature, there’s always other ways to get around your obstacle. Since you’re not being forced to use a lily pad, I just don’t think it’s necessary to remove them.

I do realize I may be repeating some points here that were made by others, but I think it’s important to reiterate them. Unfortunately, I’m going to give this a -1.

Best regards!

Posted May 14, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  12. Lily pads aren’t exactly a “key feature,” and its not solely a version-specific problem. Personally, regardless of what version I play on, I experience lily pad glitches. Granted, it occurs more often on 1.15.2 and other newer versions of Minecraft, but persists nonetheless on versions such as 1.8.9. This is based off my own personal experiences, so if this isn’t a widely held 1.8.9 or similar version problem then my point should be disregarded. Main point is: even if it affects a minority of Mineplex’s players, if changing lily pads improves their experience and takes away little from the majority, it’s an easy win. Regardless, according to the graph OP posted (although not based on Mineplex player statistics), the majority of players aren’t playing on 1.8.9 or related versions.

I’ve already refuted this claim above, but I guess I’ll summarize it again: this issue would not take that long to resolve - a few mere minutes with world edit - and its doesn’t need to be implemented instantaneously: it’s honestly not that big of a problem.
    Slippery slope right there; when possible, enabling players to experience all parts of a game/map worry-free (in terms of potential glitches) is generally a good idea.

Looking forward to further discussion regarding this topic

Posted May 15, 2020
  13. It's just a version problem. 1.8.9 is better for PVP and you glitch in the least blocks (I only glitch in chests rarely and anvils).

Posted May 15, 2020
  14. +1 This is especially a problem in Champs, where if you get knocked in the water, you're practically dead if there's a ranger/assassin watching you/coming to you.
    I'm quite sure I glitch if I try to get on a lily pad despite what version I'm on.

Posted May 15, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and lmmortalize like this.
  15. I play on 1.12.2 and I still have the problem, maybe mineplex can make the lily pad a full block not a layer. That have fixed it before for a different server.

(make the barrier block look like a lily pad)

Posted May 15, 2020
  16. or just remove them please XD

Posted May 15, 2020
  17. i only play on 1.8.9 and have no issues with lilypads what-so-ever

Posted May 15, 2020
  18. I'd recommend trying a game of DOM and seeing what happens, I seem to lag on them even on 1.8.9 (Someone told me it causes issues with GWEN).

Edit: Some reason this only happens in games and not in game lobbies.

Posted May 15, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 17, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  19. Most if not all Champions (Specifically CTF) maps have lily pads in them, and I don't think those pads on the map that has them on the sides (CTF) would look weird, it would look fine.

Posted May 31, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  20. I use Badlion 1.8.9 and also glitch on lilypads sometimes. Idk why, but they should be removed from dragon escape maps especially. I get stuck in snow, anvils, lily pads, etc. every time i play that gamemode, no matter what client i use or which version of the game.

Posted May 31, 2020
    lmmortalize likes this.