• 684 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9362 Players Online
  • 8678 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Remove farmer pvp from MTC

Discussion in 'Arcade Games' started by mab8400, Jul 19, 2021.

1. in my view the game should be removed or moved to nano (too short and r&d based) but since I don't think that will happen any time soon (or even ever) I think it's best we remove the pvp element. there are players who will ask a friend to target another player who either is; competent enough to win the game a decent amount of the time, or; is in first place/close to winning. this way they can sort of "team" the wins. fighting doesn't really do anything to most normal games, nor is it ever really a good strategy. you simply compromise your own advancement in the game to hinder someone else, which has not contribution to either player. there are of course times where the pvp could have potential, but it is extremely uncommon since you are unable to drink milk while doing so. i hate to constantly play the victim in all these posts but I legitimately have been obsessively targeted for dozens and dozens of games where I physically cannot do anything to play the game because im being attacked the entire time. I personally try to double jump around to dodge but even then it just isn't quite effective enough. not to mention that fighting back is not a great option, since you can't drink milk while doing so. again, hate to make it about my problems but I just think it's not really fair to people who don't have someone to protect you at all times lol

Posted Jul 19, 2021
    Tanish_ and Paladise like this.
  2. MTC moving to NANO games won't be ideal since it is a team game afterall, where the farmers and cows are two different teams and cows are just 2-3 players depending on how many players there are, similar to Wither Assault. However, farmers being able to punch each other seems to be like a thing that was added to the game by mistake and then never fixed. I can support this as I think it just isn't right to be able to punch each other as farmers in this game.

Posted Jul 20, 2021
  3. Since the cows team rarely has a chance at winning at all the game is more competitive between the farmers team. Since hitting other famers deals knock back I believe this works as a strategy. Dealing knock back to other farmers can help. Wither assault is different as the entire Humans team works together. In MTC, only one player can win, so it makes sense that the Farmers team is not necessarily working together.

Therefore, I am not in favor of removing farmer pvp from MTC.

Posted Jul 20, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  4. You have made some good points here.

I think this game needs to be changed as a whole, such as:
    1. Cows having equal chances of winning as farmers.
    2. Make the game such that farmers play as a team and not free for all.
    3. Farmers having a target of 50 points and cows having a target of 20 kills. (Again, no free for all in this)

Posted Jul 20, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  5. I agree. There is no "strategy" to be had in attacking other farmers, as it is always better to just be drinking milk yourself. You don't deal anywhere near enough damage to make attacking someone worth it so the only reason you would do it is to target someone on purpose. There's also no way to fight back without giving up your lead, so it's simply just frustrating.

We do have a document for it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IG10qc-3Fo_ukfI6vdBLoza3FvgL25hHZOTzQeOdLTo/edit?usp=sharing which does have some stuff that would make the game less luck based, though not all of the stuff there I agree with. There's no way to make the game perfect bc it's just a flawed concept in the first place, but I think it's fun in its own way, so I don't want it removed.

Posted Jul 20, 2021
  6. I am of course an outlier for most people so I am being selfish in saying that this will mostly solve my problem specifically, but if you take a look at this video you can clearly see what the intent is. I really don't want anyone else dealing with something like this, nor do I.. Understanable if it's removed but the truth is simply right there. This has happened probably more than 2-3 dozen games so far (no exaggeration, I record most of it)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 21, 2021 at 1:23 AM
    Paladise and Tanish_ like this.
  7. ah yes lets remove more games

Posted Jul 21, 2021 at 9:09 AM