• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4890 Players Online
  • 4890 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Remove Fall Damage

Discussion in 'Gladiators' started by Orilly, May 6, 2020.

?

Remove Fall Damage?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Hey guys!
    I was watching some older Mineplex content over the weekend, and realised that fall damage was disabled during Gladiators. I find it frustrating that you take fall damage now, as it can lose you the game. The only damage you should take is from your opponent. Most 1v1 maps on other servers don't even have detailed terrain, so disabling fall damage just makes sense.

Posted May 6, 2020
  2. I personally wish glads maps would be almost or completely flat. This would not only eliminate fall damage, but it would remove walls for people to hide and bow, and it would remove different y levels. The y coordinate advantage can matter in PvP and flat terrain would help against this.

Posted May 6, 2020
  3. I personally haven't had any major issues with fall damage on glads. I've been knocked off a couple times, it made me die but I suppose that's apart of the game. It'd be cool for some maps to be fully flat though. Maybe new maps instead of removing fall damage as a whole. +0.

Posted May 6, 2020
  4. Hey!

I think that using the map to your advantage (getting cover, using the bow or rods) can be a fun challenge but I can agree with you that it's frustrating to have to lose the game due to mainly fall damage. I guess it doesn't require as much "skill" to win by getting your opponent to die or lose the majority of hearts from bow spam and fall, but I also feel like this is the case for other games as well. Some maps are better to fight in than other maps in almost any game, it's just a matter of which one you want to pick/vote for. Things like camping or using other cheaper strategies can only be done on certain maps, which is why people vote for what they want. I hope this made sense, and for the poll I voted no because I think taking fall damage should be apart of the map and how you use the map to your advantage in the game.

-Kugzer

Posted May 6, 2020
    Zyvra and Orilly like this.