• 1192 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5702 Players Online
  • 4510 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Remove Endstone from Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by xGetRektedx, Feb 2, 2020.

?

Should Endstone be removed?

Poll closed Mar 3, 2020.
  1. Yes!

11.8%
  2. The cost should just be increased

5.9%
  3. No! (Explain why)

82.4%
  1. Hello! I’ve been getting back to the grind recently and I’ve noticed that it has been harder to rush, simply because of endstone. It’s very easy to get (only 12 bricks) and it’s annoying to deal with when rushing because it takes a long time to break without a pick axe. I think that endstone should be removed entirely or at least increase the cost (maybe 25 bricks?) Ever since they updated Bedrock and added endstone, games have been harder to win and the game time has increased. Anyway, let me know what you think! (NOTE: this is intended specifically for Bedrock)

Posted Feb 2, 2020
    Korben (gone) likes this.
  2. Endstone is a key point of defense, it requires teams to get a pickaxe and actually give you a good chance of defending other than being rushed straight off the start. Removing it would make the game unfun.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
  3. I'm going to be moving this thread to 'Bedrock Ideas' as it's best suited there since you're specifically talking about Bedrock.

Thread Moved: Game Alterations ↠ Bedrock Ideas

As for what you mentioned in your thread, I know it can be frustrating to get to an island and them already having endstone, but I feel like that's an exciting and challenging factor that's brought to the game. I personally disagree with the idea of removing endstone, because it's the next 'step' after wool and the 'step' before obsidian (excluding wood, of course). Endstone isn't too difficult to break with your fists as it only takes 15 seconds, which may seem like a lot, but for not having any tools, it's a pretty okay amount if you remain unseen by the opposing team. Additionally, if you really want to rush, an iron pickaxe is only 8 bricks (correct me if I'm wrong) which also doesn't take long to get at all, especially if you're with friends and you can stack bricks to one person. You just have to adjust to this change or use a different approach / strategy when thinking of rushing teams. I don't want to compare Bedrock to Java as it's definitely different, but on Java, endstone has become a ''norm'' and is still fairly easy to rush other teams if you're working together with your team.

As for your idea of increasing the price to 25 bricks, I also have to disagree with this due to that just being a huge jump from what the price is now and like I stated before, endstone is an essential item to the game, otherwise it just wouldn't be as fun as it is now. From your post, it's clear to see that you're wanting to prevent endstone from being used in order to be able to rush, but like I mentioned above, you can still rush other teams easily with endstone, you just have to alter your strategy.

Overall, as a person who dabbles in Bedrock from time to time, specifically Cake Wars, I don't think endstone provides too much of an issue in regards to rushing. As for prolonging the game, I also don't think that's necessarily a bad things as I would see some Cake Wars games ends within 2 minutes, some even before, which wouldn't even give other players a chance to actually play. For the reasons I mentioned above, I'm going to have to disagere with the implementation of this.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
  4. I know that bedrock cake wars is a lot different, but in going to have to say no. The main (and only) benefit to removing this would be so you can rush and kill a team instantly at the start; which, at least imo, isn't fair because then it is purely down to pvp which takes out an entire aspect of the game. And its not that hard to get a pick axe. There is no real reason to remove it. -1

Posted Feb 2, 2020
  5. Yo,

As multiple people have mentioned above me, endstone doesn't stop rushing, it just requires the smallest change in strategy which is waiting a few more seconds to collect 8 bricks. Specifically for bedrock, this wouldn't be a great addition as mobile players would be at a huge disadvantage because W10 and console players would be able to bridge over and with wool defense, there would be no chance for mobile players to defend. Endstone serves as a way for mobile players to get gear and stand a better chance then they would if W10 and console players bridged over immediately, ate their cake and killed them. It would be an extremely unenjoyable game if you lost within 1-2 minutes every time with no way to stop it.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
  6. I’m kind of neutral on this. In worst case scenarios such as in the event of a hacker, it does give them an extra window of time to eat your cake. I think that they should reduce the cost for a pick axe at 4 bricks, that way you woudnt be waiting on the generator for long.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
  7. Sometimes i feel like normal players forget mobile players exist. Somehow people think im w10 when im bad but generally i see most decent players playing w10 and they kinda forget mobile is a thing

Posted Feb 2, 2020
    skarm, xGetRektedx and Korben (gone) like this.
  8. I would add it to the emerald shop for maybe 2 emeralds because I agree that it is cheap and you need a pickaxe to rush anyone but if is nice to have something in the middle of obsidian and wool, or maybe you could switch it with clay since that isn’t super hard to break through with your fist and it is quite fast with a pickaxe

Posted Feb 15, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  9. Heyo!
    I can see why you would want to remove end stone but if there was no end stone teams could take out other teams very quickly seeing as all you would need is your fists. Also I don't think we should up the price of end stone because as I said if end stone was like 25 bricks teams could just rush to another teams while they are trying to get end stone and take them over.
    For those reasons I'll be giving this idea a -1
    Have a nice day!

Posted Feb 15, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  10. Hello,
    Although I see why you could want endstone removed, it is really a key part of Cake Wars. By forcing opponents to use a pickaxe to get to your cake, this really steps up one's defense to the next level. I really don't think it prolongs the game too much, as purchasing a pickaxe each time you die will make it quite easy to get to each cake. In addition, by forcing opponents to get a pickaxe, this delays rushes more, allowing more time to gather resources and build more defenses. Overall, I think endstone balances out the offense and defense of Cake Wars and is an integral level of cake defense. Thank you for suggestion this, but it is a -1 from me. Have a nice day!

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  11. I'm going to keep it short, endstone can be annoying for when you just really want to rush that team next to you and they already have a bunch of endstone around it, but it really eliminates games being like 3 minutes long. There's been so many instances where if I'm quick enough with purchasing endstone I can put a halt on someone making advancements on me in the first 30 seconds of the game. So I would have to give this suggestion a -1.

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  12. Hey! I'm some what split between this idea, I think endstone definitely should cost more as it is super frustrating to try to rush a team with just an iron sword and wool and they already have endstone. However I think removing it all together loses a good defense block for players who enjoy playing more defensively rather than rushing. My idea would be to lower the cost of an iron pickaxe to 5 or 3 bricks. I personally think 8 is too expensive and waiting for 8 more bricks just gives the opponents more opportunity to get endstone and armor, making it even harder to rush. Good idea and it will be interesting to see what the community thinks! Thanks!

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 and Strafer303 like this.
  13. No even if I am a rusher this is unfair to people. It is a strategy and smart when people buy endstone at the start. I praise them because

1. Woop woop a cakewars player that knows what he is doing xD

2. They were a team player and spent their first 12 bricks of the game on endstone.

Once again this is not a good idea to remove endstone because it just ruins the game for other people. Now what I would suggest is maybe make iron picaxes cost 5 bricks. Thats how it is on java edition if im not mistaken? So yeah maybe decrease the price of the picaxes. But never remove endstone because there already isn’t that much you can defend your cake with before obsidian.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.