• 3407 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12453 Players Online
  • 9046 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

remove chicken missile spam?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Glitchy, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Seriously, this does so much damage on it's own does it really need the cooldown reset at all?

Posted Nov 19, 2018
    69hd likes this.
  2. It is so slow moving, and easily avoidable that getting caught by more than one is entirely your own fault.

Posted Nov 19, 2018
  3. Not if you're duking it out over the smash crystal, they'll just spike ya with it, to keep you away, then get a smash that literally locks down all movement (the smash is a continuous egg blaster, once you're hit, movement is no longer possible)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 19, 2018
  4. Personally, I think the last think chicken needs currently is a nerf. Chicken isn't the strongest kit as of right now, and taking away the ability for it to chicken missile quicker would further imbalance the kit. The chicken missile has a base cooldown of 7 seconds, which goes down quite a lot if they manage to get a hit. However, the missile is quite slow, so you can easily dodge it if you are fast enough.

All in all, I don't think missile needs to be nerfed - chicken is quite a weak kit relatively speaking, and nerfing it further would render it completely unviable.

Posted Nov 19, 2018
  5. Heres the thing about chicken though. It gets shredded by AoE abilities. All players get extremely predictable when trying to horde the smash spawns, you can out play a chicken even if it uses its smash all you have to do is go around a large object in circles. Not even like it lasts that long.

Posted Nov 19, 2018
  6. Still shouldn't get the ability to lock us down with the smash

OP OP
  7. Is the problem the smash or the chicken missile or the smash ability?

Posted Nov 19, 2018
  8. The problem is the missile lets you keep someone away from the smash crystal, then the smash activates practically guaranteeing a win if you hit the target even once, so all in all, the missile is the problem because it leads to a chain of undesirable events

OP OP
    maksitaxi likes this.
  9. Remove smash crystals then. There are plenty more abilities that can capture the smash crystal easier than chicken missile (Super Squid, Milk Spiral, Wool Mine, Firefly, Explode, Seismic Slam, etc, and even then you still need to time some of these). The chicken would have to perfectly time when the smash crystal spawns + when the missile gets to it to keep you away. If you knock the chicken away (Considering it takes 200% knockback), suddenly the slow moving projectile isn't a problem. The thing with the continuous egg blaster is it isn't completely unavoidable. If they do get you with the beam, then use an ability and knock them away. It isn't as unavoidable as say, Skele's smash.

If you take away Chicken's reset cooldown on Chicken Missile, it suddenly stops rewarding players who can consistently hit it (Which takes a decent amount of skill.) It also goes from worst kit to uh, even worst-er kit. If you're really having a problem with a slow moving projectile, then you should change your playstyle.

Posted Nov 19, 2018
    maksitaxi likes this.
  10. Chicken can be very hard to hit at times, and the chicken missle can be a devastating finisher at times, but it does move pretty slowly, and you should be able to double jump away in time. Work on your reactions. <3

Posted Nov 19, 2018
  11. Chicken is a weak kit, but I do think that chicken missile should lose the instant recharge if you land a hit. Although it’s easy to dodge a chicken missile from a distance, it’s really hard to dodge if you’re up close trying to kill the chicken. It’s not hard at all to land a hit when your opponent is right in your face and then you can instantly spam more chicken missiles.

Posted Nov 19, 2018
  12. Hey! Personally I don't think the chicken missile's recharge is really a problem in terms of balance. I feel that the Chicken is already a pretty weak kit in itself, and I don't believe it's in the spot to really be receiving any nerfs right now. It's decently difficult to be able to consecutively hit chicken missiles, and regarding crystals pretty much all classes have some way to try and secure the crystals for themselves, especially AOE abilities. It's just part of the game for all the classes to try and play around each other's abilities and see who is ultimately able to get that crystal in the end, which really has a good amount of luck factored in.

I can see why it would be frustrating if you were in a position that was being constantly spammed with chicken missiles, but the projectile itself isn't the fastest and it is pretty hard to aim the missile continuously at a moving target. Chicken already has many weaknesses and overall it's honestly not as good as some of the other kits in my opinion. Additionally, I don't really see the missile as making the class unbalanced, but I can definitely seem a side of it being very annoying to deal with it. It's very aggravating to be hit by a missile 3-4 times, but it's ultimately not that unbalanced considering all the weaknesses contained in the chicken's kit as well. In my opinion, the problem isn't quite exactly anything in terms the class being overpowered, but rather the class being very irritating to play against. It's very tedious to play around the small hitbox and the missiles, but in the end I'd say the chicken is still at a disadvantage to try and ultimately win the game . Perhaps for that there could be a possible rework to try and make the chicken better in terms of balance and also less annoying to play against, but I don't think it's quite necessary at this time.

Posted Nov 19, 2018
    maksitaxi likes this.
  13. I used to think the chicken missile spam was OP but now I've realized the "OP" thing about chicken is the amount of jumps it gets. Chickens can easily just run and camp which is quite annoying.

Posted Nov 21, 2018