• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7538 Players Online
  • 4648 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned remove chat silence

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by astrcl, May 23, 2020.

?

should chat silence be removed

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Scroll up!!!!

Posted May 24, 2020
    astrcl likes this.
  2. Yeah, I'm talking about an active/ongoing conversation going on while you're trying to scroll up.

Posted May 25, 2020
    astrcl likes this.
  3. i don't really think anyone's gonna have a conversation so fast that the info text is unreadable lol
    also, i'm pretty sure that any important instructions are sent as a title and /kit works aswell

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 25, 2020
    xUmbreon likes this.
  4. I would say it is a little bit annoying yet party chat and /messages do bypass this feature. I personally think it is fine in the beginning of the game but at the end it is named useless.

Posted May 25, 2020
    astrcl likes this.
  5. I'm a bit mixed, but I think I'm more for removing the feature. A lot of people bring up the point that it's to prevent flooding of the chat when people are trying to view the game results, but in a typical game, only 4 or so people are going to just say "gg" which doesn't really flood the chat. I think the feature is more annoying than it is useful.

Active conversations aren't terribly common when people are playing a game, so I feel like this would be a more unusual scenario (just from what I've seen). It takes 2 seconds to scroll up, so I feel that the chat silence is unnecessary. Nano Games is also a really good point - whenever I try to say "gg", it's hard; once the chat silence is up, it moves onto the next game.

I can see both sides of the argument, but I'm leaning towards removing the feature.

Posted May 25, 2020
    astrcl likes this.
  6. When you scroll up chat positions become stationary, people talking doesn't affect the point of view. Scrolling up takes barely a second and it's not an issue.

Posted May 25, 2020
    astrcl likes this.
  7. There's ups and downs to this, a down being the fact that you couldn't see the information the server provides, and a up would be the ability to say gg without having to wait.

Posted May 25, 2020
    astrcl likes this.
  8. Can everyone please stop saying you can't see the information, you can literally scroll up.

Posted May 25, 2020
    astrcl likes this.
  9. Okay, I don't personally have to deal with this, and I can see both sides of the argument, but I don't think I should have a say, as I have never experienced it before, but I just wanted to say, I love how wholesome you all are! You just want to say GG! I assumed when first hearing of this it was to prevent the chat from being flooded with people mad about losing, and forcing them to take a breather to calm down, but you all just want to congratulate everyone!

I love this community <3

Posted May 25, 2020
    astrcl likes this.
  10. Hey!

If chat silencing is going to be removed I think it would have to be a case by case situation. Chat silencing is essential in games like Cake Wars and The Bridges as there is an option to change your kit in the chat and if players flood the chat you may miss the announcement and get stuck with a kit you don't want. Chat silencing obviously combats this very well.

However, I do think that chat silencing is particularly useless in Nano Games. In Nano, there aren't any kit announcements and there is very little information you could potentially miss if players flood the chat, besides who won the game of course. Chat silencing in Nano Games is very pesky as it gives you a super small window to say GG before the next game starts. Overall, I'd like to see chat silencing removed but only in Nano Games. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted May 27, 2020
  11. it's not really essential. kit changing can be done with /kit.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 27, 2020
  12. Yes but newer or less experienced players may not know that, so a little reminder in chat is essential

Posted May 28, 2020
  13. Hello!

That idea is something which has been denied in the past and got a lot of negative feedback and also, mostly this idea got negative comments on this thread as well, so we are going to mark it as Not Planned.

The reason for that is because if players will be able to type in chat instantly after the game ended, it will make that it will be harder to see winner/places of the game due to players will be able just to spam the chat. It's better to keep that thing as it's now and change nothing about that.

Anyway, thanks for suggesting that! Feel free to submit more ideas if you got something which will be cool for the server.

- Idea is not planned

Posted Jul 10, 2020
    Ruffybear likes this.
  14. Ehh I’d say a no for this one. It sounds cool but I don’t see the need for it and besides the feature is kinda iconic in a sense; it’s been around a long time too

besides it’s only silenced for a few seconds. I never really understood the reason for it honestly but it doesn’t really make that much of an impact

Posted Jul 11, 2020
  15. Hello,

I did agree with you before I had read the previous posts. Some people mentioned that it's so new players can see how to play the game. I completely changed my opinion after. I too have joined games for the first time ever and I read how to play the game when the chat is silenced for that 10 seconds. So i'm going to disagree with this.

Posted Jul 11, 2020