• 1201 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6506 Players Online
  • 5305 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

remove chat silence

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by trqzh, May 23, 2020.

?

should chat silence be removed

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. before and after (just after win effect starts) there is chat silence.
    i think this should be removed because it's annoying when i talk to someone and i have to wait 10 seconds to continue and i get type killed and overall it's pretty useless

Posted May 23, 2020
  2. Agreed, pretty useless silencing chat, and staff can bypass it for no reason

Posted May 23, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ and trqzh like this.
  3. I have to agree as well. I don't really see the point of it, several other major servers don't have anything similar and doesn't really do anything from what I can see. Maybe if they were to change it, anyone with a rank could bypass it.

Posted May 23, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  4. It's annoying when I'm trying to say GG and I have to wait.

Posted May 23, 2020
    anniedotexe and NoHaxJustCats_ like this.
  5. Hey!

So the reason this is in place is because at the beginning and end of the game it sends a bunch of different chats that explain the game. This also happens at the end of games to explain who won the game. If this wasn't in here, the chat could be flooded and it would block access for new players to review the game. This also could split up the lines.

Posted May 23, 2020
    Senwei, anniedotexe, oCassi and 4 others like this.
  6. Hey!
    I agree with this. I hate when I'm typing and have to resend after chat silence, especially when I have to wait to say gg. However, I do have to agree with @LazyBrayden on why the chat silence is in place and I can't see it being taken out. Without the chat silence, you wouldn't be able to see the instructions, changing your kit, see who won, and map creators because people could spam the chat. Personally, I think the chat silence is needed despite how it can be frustrating .
    -1 idea unneccessary, chat silence is needed

Posted May 23, 2020,
    Last edited May 23, 2020
  7. I think it should only be removed when saying saying the game ends. When I say GG (Only when the game is not heavily lost to/the rivals are toxic), especially when I played Nano Games, I usually just said GG so when I tried to say it again I forgot to say something in between or make GG., and when i try to retype it but in a different way it's too late and the next games already started. If staff can say GG (Especially in EVENT-1 where there's a lot of GGs from that) I don't really see why players cant talk in it at the end.

Posted May 23, 2020
    HeyItsTay_ likes this.
  8. I defiantly agree with this. If there was a way to only make it so you can say "gg" this would be nice however, I don't think this could be implemented because after multiple games, gg can't be repeated so players usually say gg. or ggg instead so the staff team might have to make that be allowed too, to make this work. However, my concern is that the gg would be flooded to quickly and you wouldn't be able to see who won and etc.

Posted May 23, 2020
  9. Players could just wait like 10 seconds to see who won, plus anyway someone would probably already know who won, if you're worrying about that.

Posted May 23, 2020
  10. Hey!
    I agree that it seems unnecessary, and can be quite frustrating at times, but it does have a reason. As LazyBrayden mentioned, the chat silence is put there because some texts are shown at the beginning and end of games that are very important to be shown. At the beginning, instructions on how to play the game, and at the end, the winners. Because of this, I can't see this chat silence being removed, as it plays a pretty key role. So it is actually a necessary silence, but also, the chat silence is only a few seconds, waiting that time doesn't hurt.

Posted May 23, 2020
    LazyBrayden and HeyItsTay_ like this.
  11. The winners are pretty obvious usually (Like in games like CW, Champions, Paintball, etc), and the font colors make it already easy to tell who won (Like if Red team wins in champs it has a red font, etc), so I guess it'd be best removed at the end of game

Posted May 23, 2020
  12. Yeah it could be obvious in some situations, especially team based games, so I wouldn't be entirely against removing it at the end of games but I just don't see the point at all. The reason the silence exists is to show this information, and I don't think a few seconds is a big enough deal to warrant removing it at the end, and I don't think it's a big enough issue for this to be changed.

Posted May 23, 2020,
    Last edited May 23, 2020
  13. Hello!

While it is quite annoying when there is chat silence, especially when you want to say something between around 1 second before the game starts, I have to disagree with the idea. The problem about removing the chat silence is that in some cases more people will be still chatting and we can still scroll up from the text box, but the problem is that we can't see even further. This means that it'll be harder to see game and map details (who created the map, what's the objective of this game) and we also couldn't able to change the kits. Another problem is when the game ends and show which team or player won, if that chat silence is removed, then a person (assuming that he/she was somewhat taking a break during the game) couldn't know who or which team won.

Also, if a player has so many communities joined and wants to see the chat, the removing chat silence feature would simply flood the chat. This will also create spams (stated from @HeyItsTay_), in which we want to avoid.

To sum this up, I have to give it as -1.

Posted May 23, 2020
    HeyItsTay_ likes this.
  14. Let's be serious here.

No one pays attention to that anyway.

Posted May 23, 2020
    Mitchy and 111222333444553 like this.
  15. I would have to say I disagree with this for the same reasons a lot of other people seem to be disagreeing. I've never had an issue with chat silence when I wasn't able to bypass it. It's a thing I think isn't worth removing simply because people aren't patient enough to wait a few seconds. I've learned a lot of the maps by reading it in chat while waiting for the game to start. I could definitely see the chat being flooded and pushing the game messages far too high up for new players to even notice. Having to scroll up or struggling to click on the "change kit" option in chat while players are having a casual conversation seems a little annoying. Typing it out only takes more time away from the small amount of time you have to look through all the kits.

Posted May 23, 2020
    IvanProvorov, ezlee6 and PROSTONE like this.
  16. Scroll up? Scrolling up takes like barely a second to do.

Posted May 24, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  17. many people have said this so i will just say it in one message rather than quoting 5 messages

most games don't really have instructions, and if they do it gets sent as a title on the screen
    you can change kit with /kit anyways so if it moves away it doesn't matter

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  18. At first look, this definitely seems like a great idea, however I have to disagree with you for the same reasons others have mentioned. Especially for newer players, it would be quite hard to understand what you have to do during the game if the chat was flooded before the game started. Additionally, I don't really see what you'd have to say in public chat during this time, that you couldn't say in party chat or private messages - the chat silence only lasts a few seconds, and if it's really necessary to say something to someone, you don't have to say it in public chat.

It's really easy to say 'gg' after the chat has been un-silenced. After the game, as with before the game, public chat is only silenced for a few short seconds, meaning you only have to wait that extremely short time to say 'gg'. Whilst it can be annoying to have to wait to say what you want to say, the cons definitely outweigh the pros when it comes to this idea.

I guess a compromise with this would be to have a preference (in /prefs) where you can turn on the ability to see/send messages in public chat during the time that it is silenced before and after games. But this also just feels like an unnecessary preference, and a lot of effort just to allow players to be able to send or see messages during the extremely short amount of time that the chat is silenced before and after games.

Overall, I can see your frustrations, but I don't really agree with this idea in the end. Thank you for your suggestion though!

Posted May 24, 2020
  19. You guys are acting like your not gonna be able to see the stuff it says, at most like 3 people are gonna say GG or something it's not that big of a deal.

Posted May 24, 2020
    trqzh likes this.
  20. Same. When I say GG I can't because of chat mute. It should be removed.

Posted May 24, 2020