• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5187 Players Online
  • 5187 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Remove Bridges

Discussion in 'The Bridges' started by Nohu/Dylan, May 1, 2021.

?

Remove?

1. yes

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. no

29 vote(s)
    78.4%
  1. Literally, every single game has at least 2 or 3 bhoppers, the staff understandably do not care and the anti cheat is pretty much no use, 50% of active BR players are network banned or at least banned on their main accounts meaning they freely cheat, honestly just remove the game so nwang888 has 1 less game to get 1k wins in

PLEASE

Posted May 1, 2021
  2. Removing an OG game just because you don't see the community a way you'd like doesn't make sense.
    Report cheaters, play in parties to win more easily, and get people who continously cheat on alts network banned. If they're already network banned report the alt for bypassing it.
    Perhaps the community isn't what it used to be but how is removing the entire game going to fix anything?
    If you don't like the way a game is you can simply stop playing it.
    I think releasing new updates for Bridges (to bring more players to the game and get more lobbies to start) and asking staff members to spectate games that you think might have a cheater within is a better solution than the one you provided.
    Also saying staff members don't care isn't fair, people who don't care about something dont volunteer to help it.

Posted May 1, 2021
  3. Giving some thought to the idea, there's a few good reasons why this wouldn't help solve anything. Focusing on just the game removal part for now, I'm a bit confused on the full reasoning. Hackers will exist everywhere no matter what is done, so removing a popular game that partially defines our server makes no sense. Assuming the idea goes through and the game is removed, that's a large community that just lost their game. It's likely that a lot of those players will leave the server, and the idea that games get removed for having too many hackers will more than likely drive away new and old players alike. On the flip side, they may all stay on the server, and move to other games, increasing the number of hackers there by x-amount of people.

Taking away a game that a lot of people like, and by extension, moving that many more hackers to other games, doesn't sound like anything positive. On a final note, your last sentence about nwang doesn't make sense in your argument. It's just completely random, coming out of nowhere. Are you trying to remove a game because you don't like it, because there are a lot of hackers, or because you don't want someone to be able to show off an achievement?

Addressing the point about staff "not caring about the hackers", I don't know the full story so I honestly can't say anything with certainty. All the same, I'd like to point out that there are times where staff can be busy and don't respond immediately. Sometimes they could be in the middle of something else (another hacker perhaps, or responding to someone's questions, etc). Again, I can't give a definitive reason for previous encounters that I don't know about, but I don't think jumping to the conclusion of "nobody here so nobody cares" is a good option. Mark made a good point above as well. It's a lengthy process of applying and getting past the Trainee phase. If people didn't truly care, then it wouldn't be worth their time or effort in the first place.

Posted May 1, 2021
    outlloved, Paladise and Fusafez like this.
  4. Bridges is a really fun and enjoyable game. There is no reason for the game's removal, and I'm betting hundreds of other players agree with me.

Posted May 1, 2021
    GeekyCatGaming likes this.
  5. As mentioned above, removing Bridges wouldn't get rid of these hackers, chances are they would go to another game, and it wouldn't solve the problem. For that, we have to count on players reporting them as well as any GWEN updates - a major one coming soon after success in the Cake Wars Tournament a few months ago, where it banned plenty of closet cheaters.

To summarise the multiple ways of reporting, if you do not know them all, there are multiple ways to do so:
    1. Forum Reports - 100% always get answered, just make sure to follow the Reporting Guide linked on top of the form. For any hacking offense you need video evidence.

2. #report-players channel in Mineplex Discord - follow the format and your report will tag Moderators that take reports from there. Pretty good success rate that you will get a response, as not many reports are posted through there.

3. StaffRequest community - might not be ideal within the BR community as many players have alts or friends in the com and can simply toggle, but still worth to mention. Join it with /com join StaffRequest and report players and hopefully get assistance from a staff member in-game at the time. Also pretty good success rate.

4. Hunting for staff through lobbies 1-5 - at peak hours, there's usually a few around. Some players also have staff in their friends list so you can try messaging, although don't always expect a response as they may be busy with other things. Any available staff in the lobbies above, though, should always respond to reports or questions.
    Back to the thread - if someone is network banned and you know who their main account is (you don't always need it to report it, though), just shoot a report through StaffRequest or #report-players and it'll get forwarded and dealt with. I know a lot of people want IP bans and in a way it really sucks Mineplex does not give them out in these extreme cases. However, all it takes is forwarding the account name and a staff forwards it to an Admin, who then checks it out and bans if necessary.

In my opinion, I don't think we should remove Bridges for the reasons above. The game has a long history and is unique to Mineplex. We have already gotten complaints that Mineplex has lost its originality from removing games like Castle Siege, Skyfall or Heroes of GWEN from the public, as well as making some Mixed Arcade games harder to find as there are no portals anymore (games like Monster Maze). There are also the individual issues.

I feel that removing Bridges, a game that used to be at the heart of Mineplex would just be a step backwards. It needs tweaking, that's for sure, as well as anti-cheat updates which heavily affect the game. But removing it completely is not necessary. It has a very strong community (arguably, a cheating one), and it would be unfair to take it away, making no attempt to save it or make the experience better. I never enjoyed the game too much but I know plenty of people that do, or would.

Posted May 19, 2021
    Ducksicle, Paladise and Fusafez like this.
  6. I think the issue is that there is almost nobody on java, it hits 1k at best. If this were on bedrock on the other hand.....

Posted May 19, 2021
    Paladise and maevestarbaby like this.
  7. Fair 3nough, from what I've heard, Java doesn't get enough players to fill 10 lobbies at any given time. That's probably the main reason.

Posted May 19, 2021
  8. This wouldnt solve any issue whatsoever considering the hackers would just play a different game mode..

Posted May 19, 2021
  9. Maybe if Mineplex started to ip nwbed players then none of this would be an issue .-.

Posted May 19, 2021
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  10. one of the most famous and og games on mineplex has a leaderboard of 3 weekly wins and its thursday, bring that into the dome for a moment

Posted May 20, 2021
    Tanish_, Paladise and FluteVegetables like this.
  11. This is true, but i think it's more of a mineplex player count issue rather than the game itself. I think the game is just fine excluding the player count and bhoppers. Removal of the game wont really have an effect to the server (opinion).

Posted May 20, 2021
    mab8400 likes this.
  12. I believe that people still play the game mode, so taking it out would not benefit the server's state.
    Good observation tho!
    FlamezMC

Posted May 21, 2021
  13. Yea, the game should stay and be brought to bedrock

Posted May 21, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  14. Hi!
    I consider bridges to be a very fun and interesting game to play, especially in parties, and I personally would not like to see it removed.
    It might not have a lot of players at most times, however, I do not consider that a valid reason to remove it.
    You have mentioned that the game in question has a lot of cheaters, however, there are many ways to report a person and have them punished accordingly (maevestarbaby listed them all accurately so there is no reason for me to repeat them in this reply).
    If you believe that somebody is bypassing a network ban, you can message a staff member and they will forward your concern. Usually though, staff members need at least some sort of reason to request an IP check.
    In conclusion, I do not see a valid reason for this game to be removed and I would personally prefer if it stayed available on the server.
    Have a great day!

Posted May 21, 2021