• 450 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6040 Players Online
  • 5590 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Remove Blaze and Squid’s invincibility

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Glitchy, Apr 18, 2021.

1. I can’t be the only one who thinks how bs these are, invulnerability in any game has always been a balance issue so why give these guys the best recovery in the game?

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  2. Ngl, sometimes squid invulnerability isn't all that insane since people still end up hitting you a millisecond after its done. Only time its really annoying is when theirs a smash crystal. Best thing blaze has is firefly, honestly id love for it to have instant start up with less fly time and no invincibility, like a launch move, this kit would be fantastic. Even then the invulnerability isn't really invulnerable because range attacks still do damage.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  3. Back when I used blaze a lot, I had people complain about firefly all the time. I haven't used blaze much for a couple years since then, but I don't really think the firefly is a problem unless the blaze tries to run and continue spamming firefly to escape. But one thing that I think makes it somewhat fair is that you can cancel firefly by hitting the blaze during startup time, which is something I've done successfully multiple times. One other thing about blaze is that it had really poor defense without firefly. Inferno is easy to dodge and doesn't even give knockback, so you can just continue to approach the blaze and make sure that you're close to it when it tries to use firefly so you can shut it down. Or if you use a ranged kit like skelly, you will be out the blazes range completely and you still will be able to cancel firefly as it starts up.

And then for squid, well squid is kinda weak. I don't remember becoming frustrated with squids using SS and I think it's only really a "problem" if the squid is good and knows what it's doing. If you have two attacks that aren't on cooldown, the don't use both of them on the squid immediately. Wait until SS is over before you use the second one. And then a lot of other abilities in the game also have shorter cooldowns than super squid, so there is actually plenty of ways to hit the squid when it isn't invincible. At least that's from my experience. Most squids aren't hard to deal with unless they're the ones that constanrly run away. In that case, you would have a hard time killing them no matter what kit they use.

While yes, these moves can be annoying at times, I don't think they're overpowered and there are ways to work around them. And we all know by now that a major part of this game is to be able to adapt and overcome.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  4. Blaze’s firefly cooldown is too short and I’ve had numerous times where people ink shotgun me in the face right before SS ends

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2021
  5. I actually do agree that firefly is probably too short, but in GI doc for the next update, I remember reading that the cooldown will be shortened by 1 second.

And if you see a squid using super squid, then try to back off. They like using shotgun or attack right after it ends, so try to get away, but not too far away, because you're gonna want to catch the squid before SS cooldown ends.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  6. Blaze as a kit heavily depends on firefly, and while it may seem difficult to fight against sometimes, baiting it out is fairly easy and leaves the blaze pretty much defenseless. The ease of which firefly can be cancelled is another aspect that balances it. The relatively long time it takes for firefly to charge up makes it easy for anything with range, or anything that can gap close to cancel it. Super squid acts purely as recovery, and considering that, if it wasn't purely utilized for recovery then I would agree that invincibility would be broken. On top of that, squid struggles enough as a kit, and super squid gives it the option to bait out key abilities, use it for recovery, or gap close with it. In my opinion, the only real problem of these abilities is how easy it is to collect smash with them, leading to many players entirely relying on them to win. Other than that, blaze and squid would go from low tier kits to completely unplayable if these abilities were touched.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  7. blaze is the worst kit in the game and you want it nerfed ? lol

Posted Apr 23, 2021
  8. Hey!
    While I do agree that invincibility can be frustrating at times, Blaze is not a very good kit anyway. Other than this Firefly move all it has is PvP and Inferno which takes time to recharge. While they are good attributes that are hard to fight against, I don't believe that it makes the kits too overpowered and that they do not need a nerf.

Posted Apr 24, 2021
    armeowni likes this.
  9. This is why I don't do PvP. Anyone feel me?

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  10. no way, the hands down worst kit is either Chicken or Witch tbh, they can be easily stopped from recovering from a ring-out

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 30, 2021