• 1357 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4416 Players Online
  • 3059 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Remove Assassin

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Aetheism, May 22, 2019.

Tags:
?

Next season, have a single server without assassin.

1. Yes (tell us why)

33 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. No (tell us why)

29 vote(s)
    45.3%
  3. Undecided (tell us why)

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. Hello!

I’m not really in favor of removing the kit overall. The only thing I would do in order to balance it out is nerf the kit. The entire point of Champions is to have a custom PVP experience for everyone. At least one class is for you. Players like me have practiced so much with the Assassin kit, it would require an entire new adaptation to find a new kit. An alternative to this is just nerfing the class. -1 from me.

Posted Jun 5, 2019
  2. Could have just removed skill tokens from the GUI
    Disgusting

~Manu

Posted Jun 5, 2019
  3. If we took out an assasin meta, I wouldn't play clans. The sin meta allows for 2v1s, insane comboes, fighting against odds, kiting, but most importantly fun.

If we took out sin, many people would not be solos in clans, which is most likely around 1/3 of the playerbase.
    you can't solo as a tank. you just can't and the majority of people playing clans are already in clans that ARE NOT RECRUITING.

Posted Jun 16, 2019
  4. It currently has way too much of an advantage, that’s the thing.

I agree that taking away sin would be a bit much, but it would be nice to see how a server went without a game breaking class.

Either that or a heavy nerfing to Assassin, as it just has way too many advantages.

Clans is supposed to be a team game as well, solos were not intentional.

Posted Jun 16, 2019
  5. That is 100 percent false. Mineplex wouldn't make a game where you COULD solo, but they didn't want you to. If you ever played clans during alpha to about season 5, which I am SURE that you didn't you would know that solos were very common in clans. You would have clans that had lots of people in them, but they never really fought as a team. NOW, this is completely different. clans fight in ranges of 3-8 players, especially clans like EDEN, calicos, wajimbe, oops, eThugs, feds, GetGo, NewEra, and a large majority of clans with over 3 ppl.

Clans was mean't for anybody, solo or team, but nowadays people don't really fight solo, which leaves the people who are, in the dust. If you take away a sin meta, you take away a majority of solo players, and that would literally kill clans. The whole cycle would be messed up.

Posted Jun 16, 2019
  6. It's called clans for a reason, Mineplex's variant of factions. Those who are alone get eaten alive, because that's how it's supposed to be in a factions game.

Exp: Do I look like someone who could build a 230 one shot on my 1st try xd

Exp 2: People get slaughtered if they raid alone

And if a game like this breaks so easily with removing the solo aspect, it wasn't a game at all to begin with. Knowing Mineplex, they won't make a big game like this fall with a simple flaw, so I'm sure that clans would be okay, or maybe even better as the team fighting teaches collaboration and forms bonds between players.

And they DEFINITELY didn't design the game around one overpowered class.

I am 100% positive that mineplex made this to be a team game, and will continue making things harder to do so.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  7. the game is named 'clans' not 'solos'

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 19, 2019
    PapiKirito, leo_thya and Starx280 like this.
  8. Hello, I also believe that Assassin has "some" advantages over the other Champions kits but there are also multiple counters to the kit. The gamemode of Champions is meant to challenge another individual's mental capabilities; there are multiple abilities which can be a nuisance for Assassin players. I personally believe that Assassin should not be removed.

Posted Jun 21, 2019
  9. [email protected] it’s broken rn :/

It needs to be fixed or have a heavy nerfing nevertheless

Posted Jun 22, 2019
  10. Ok so do you think that Fortnite means 3 weeks??? With that logic I might as well go bonkers. Or that sky wars means literal WARS in the SKY?? Or that hunger games is just a war for food??? Or even that MineKart means mining carts??? Please specify your logic.

And especially now, for new players, it is very hard for them to join clans. So is clans just a big X for everybody is new. As you should know, many players from alpha have moved on, so saying that is like removing half of the playerbase!

Posted Jun 22, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  11. I'm not sure about you guys, but I personally like assassin, and I know many people who do too. So i don't want to have it removed.

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  12. This would've required more developer time (which Clans/Champions does not have a lot of) and could possibly cause issues with the champions game mode since they are on the same code base.

Posted Jun 28, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  13. Getting rid of Assassin in one server is a pretty interesting idea, and I'd love to see how it goes, but there some pressing issues with this.
    But first,

We have a planned nerf for assassin, we just need dev time

There are quite a lot of counters to assassin, it's just that assassin counters assassin the best. In this server @Aetheism wants, there would be no assassin, but the rest of the servers would be perfectly normal.

"Those who are alone get eaten alive" is why you don't go rushing into outnumbered fights unless you have the correct skills or base advantage.
    "Exp 1:" ???
    "Exp 2: Yes which is why you get allies on or raid when there are less people in a clan on
    Yes, thats true, the game was not meant to be only Assassin.
    Mineplex did make this mainly a team game, but they are not trying to make it harder for solos, at least, thats not what the intention is.
    A smaller map will help take away some of the advantage, and that is on our radar. Removing an entire kit isn't on our radar because removing something because its better than other things is useless. If Assassin was removed, the next best thing would be Ranger because of the bow. Would we then have to remove ranger as well?

Solos are intentional, thats why they are still a thing. If solos were not intentional, MP would've made it so you need at least like, 4 people, to claim something. They definitely would not have given solo clans more alliance spots if they didn't intend of having them.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now, my problems with the No Sin Server
    >Bows in Ranger would be extremely overpowered, because there would be no Assassin to take care of them swiftly. Yes, a Brute could go Takedown, but then the Ranger could disengage or roped arrow away. Wolfs Fury is very capable of killing tanks as well.

>People complain about hacking Assassins already, but do they realize that removing Assassin just turns it into hacking tanks with reach? These people would be much harder to kill, ban, and run away from. You can't report someone for reach on the forums, you need a QA to be in your game, spectating the player. Mineplex does not have a SS system, and I don't think they will have one at all.

>Traveling would be a pain if you don't have a mount and the smaller map idea doesn't make its way in.

>A lot of fights would literally just be who has more people. In a 4v5, with
    -Nobody using cleave
    -No hackers
    -All players that have decent aim
    it would be clear and obvious which side would win. You could bring up the point that with Assassin it's similar, but then you have to remember that Assassins can actually get away from fights; tanks can't with the exception of ranger [disengage, agility, roped arrow, explosive arrow, etc]
    ---

Personally I think that patching the kit is a better option than having a server completely without it. A patched assassin may not be good in 1v1s anymore, but they can still be really good team players and it would be interesting to see that too. I believe that once Assassin is fixed there will be a lot more people playing Brute and Ranger.

Only time will tell.

Posted Jun 28, 2019
    Intex likes this.