• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6246 Players Online
  • 3356 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Remove a block hunt kit

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Matifus, Nov 30, 2019.

?

Do you agree with me?

1. yes

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. no

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. Hello I propose to remove this kit (see video) because block hunt mode has become really unplayable with this kit. Thank you in advance.

MatiFus

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  2. That's not a kit. When a hider kills a seeker, their axe gets buffed. More kills = better axe. They have killed soo many seekers, that they have the Hyper Axe. The Hyper Axe is nearly impossible to beat, but also, it is nearly impossible to get. The axes were added to give the hiders a chance to fight back, so I'd be against a suggestion to remove the Hyper Axe entirely, but I would support a suggestion to nerf / weaken it.

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  3. Let’s not forget that this isn’t hide and seek, it’s block hunt.
    This is actually is a kit lol, It’s called shocking hider. I don’t think it needs to be nerfed as you fight back if you can aim the hits (which does take practice). Your best bet would be to use leaper hunter, you’ll have an axe and iron armour meaning you’ll be able to hit for more and take more hits.

Posted Nov 30, 2019
    Jaek, Steven190 and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  4. Oh wait lol it is a kit .-. Ignore what I said, and read @FluteVegetables comment

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  5. Shocker hider is a bit annoying and harder to hit with a small hitbox like the chicken (but that's a BH problem in itself) but I do not agree with removing the kit. There are many ways to counter or still kill someone with this kit.

1) You can 2v1 the hider like you have in that video
    2) Shoot them long distance with the bow and arrow
    3) Get them running with leaper hunter and kill them from behind
    4) Use TNT to kill if you have them trapped
    5) When they use the kit that shakes your screen, develop enough skill to hit them anyway.

I'm sure there are more methods but these are the ones that came to mind first, and frankly to me this seems like the only hider kit in block hunt that actually stands a chance if their hiding place is found. Keep in mind that a hider has no armor and it only takes a few hits to kill.

Due to the Shocker Hider kit being one of the best but not impossible to beat hider kits, I give this a -1

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  6. Thread Moved to Game Alterations

Although running into a shocker hider morphed into a chicken can be quite frustrating, I do not agree with removing the kit. As Acerna mentioned, there are strategies you can use outside of melee to kill chickens, such as the use of TNT and bows and arrows. You can usually kill them with three to four shots using a bow. If that doesn't work, you can get fellow hiders to help kill a shocker hider. Keep in mind that hiders do not receive any armor and there will tend to be many more hunters than hiders towards the end of the game. Because hiders are already at a disadvantage, removing one of their best kits will make it even harder for them to outdo hunters.

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  7. I just read all the reviews and I want to say that there are more and more users of this kit. I came across a game where he had 3 and the hunters could not do anything because the chicken was chasing them. this part we remained 3seekers throughout the game to receive "easy" in the end ... frustrating. what I mean is that with this kit it is more hunters who hunt blocks but the hunters who hunts hunters. if you do not want to delete it, put it down.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 1, 2019
  8. There are games with a party of 10 chickens with shocking and it's more of a "Hunter Hunt" game rather than block hunt. I don't really get why it is even called block hunt, most people are not blocks unless they are new to the game and are not a pot or chicken. I definitely agree that shocking needs a slight nerf, as well as Hyper Axe. Speed 3 is ridiculously OP in a fight because chances are, you won't even be able to aim at the player at all considering how fast they are moving+your screen is spazzing out+they have an insanely small hitbox+EVEN MORE hiders attacking you.

Posted Dec 1, 2019
  9. I think the only thing that should be removed in your video is the kit you were using - radar hunter. And shocker doesn't really need to be a nerfed as if you are good, it is not too hard to win in a 1v1.

Posted Dec 1, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  10. Yea radar hunter isn’t a good kit to use in general

Posted Dec 1, 2019
  11. Hey
    I've played blockhunt a fair amount and I can say that some kits are better than others, and the gap can be quite big. Sure the shocking hider is tough to beat but there are still a few ways to get through and kill the shocking hider kit users. I do support a nerf to the kit but it'll need to be a very slight nerf ( a 0.75ish second cooldown to the shock ability).
    So back to how to counter shocking hider: Use the hunter achievement kit. It's really good against shocking hiders because your lazer will shock them too.
    Remember that no matter how strong their axe, their armour is still very weak meaning rush in and hit as much as you can, then when they start to run, use your bow to finish them off as they try getting away.
    My last tip for countering shocking hider would be to use numbers. Shocking hiders can only really keep one person under shock, so multiple people means almost garunteed kills (if you manage to get in close).

Use that info to your advantage, best of luck! o/

Posted Dec 1, 2019
  12. While this can be difficult to combat for hunters, I think that it's a beneficial aspect of the game for hiders. Hunters can be equipped with armor such as iron, gold, and chain, and items such as swords, axes, TNT, and the tracking compass. I think that this gives hiders more of a fair chance since it only takes a few hits to completely diminish their health as is. Although I have died multiple times due to this, I understand what it's like to be a hider and feel vulnerable to certain kits like the TNT, Radar, and Taser hunters. Because of this, I cannot support this idea, but I do always enjoy when people bring things like this into question because it opens up a conversation about one of my favorite minigames.

Posted Dec 1, 2019
  13. Just shoot them. This kit is pretty much the only counter to radar, and if it were to be removed hiders would lose their ability to fight back effectively- something that is very important considering hunters have a kit which allows them to sniff out anyone who actually tries to hide.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  14. I think lots of times people misunderstand Block Hunt. People tend to think that hunters should be able to instantly kill the hiders, basically hide and seek. Once you’re found, you’re pretty much dead unless you run away. That isn’t the case for Mineplex’s version of the game. Hiders are able to combat the hunters and kill them if necessary.

I don’t think it’s necessary to remove the kit. It’s a good way to give hiders a little bit of an advantage considering the fact that they’re outnumbered during the game. There’s also an achievement for hiders killing hunters. Although it is hard to kill these people, it can be done. It’s best to attack them in groups. You can also hit them a few times after the effects you receive wear off, that will usually do a lot of damage. It might take a couple tries, but you can usually kill them if you keep attacking them.

Posted Dec 2, 2019